SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

John O'Neill needs to be Man of the Year for Time magazine

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redrover66
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:45 pm    Post subject: John O'Neill needs to be Man of the Year for Time magazine Reply with quote

I vote for John O'Neill for man of the year.
Leeman
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:36 pm    Post subject: man of the year Reply with quote

He has my vote also.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: John O'Neill needs to be Man of the Year for Time magazi Reply with quote

redrover66 wrote:
I vote for John O'Neill for man of the year.

Now that's a brilliant idea...Force OLM to recognize success...the first step to a cure is the recognition of a problem. Might even regain some of their lost subscribers with that move! I'm all for it, and can't wait to see where our leader goes from here.

BT
Cam Ranh '70-'71
wwIIvetsdaughter
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Idea, but the OLM will never to for it..here's how I handicap it:

1) Micheal Moore - would have been a shoe-in if SKerry was elected
2) John O'Neil- they never acknowledged the Swifties, they certainly won't now although he may be a runner up
3) Karl Rove-they would portray his as the "evil genius" who hoodwinked 60 million Americans into voting in W.
4) Skerry- voted to be Man of the Year before voted not to be "Man of the Year" Laughing
4) W.- lets see, won majority of votes, won electoral college, won every state from 2000 and then some, increased GOP numbers in House/Senate, freed Afghani and Iraqi people, sheparding in Democracy to the Middle East, what has he done to earn the title "Man of the Year?" Twisted Evil
scotty61
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't rule out them doing another faceless group. Maybe they'll pick the born again voter from "Jesusland".
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just guessing here, but I think John O'Neill would be extremely embarrassed at being singled out of the group, even though he was the predominant face in the media and in our culture for the whole Swifts' group.

IMO, I think he would prefer to have a silhouette of a PCF or a group shot of the founders than his own face on the cover.

I would vote first for the PCF or group shot because that's what I think Mr. O'Neill would do, but any consideration of anyone among the founders would get my vote.

The Swifts are, in my opinion, "The Person of the Year," no matter what face you want to put on it - and no matter what Time thinks about it.

Heaven only knows what they'll actually come up with. They're as bad as the Nobel committee, in that respect, hm? Wink

Lexy
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He, along with all Swift Boat Vets, Honorable Vets and POWs, "ARE" my men of the year...along with our young armed forces in Iraq....
they along with Pres Bush and VP Cheney... SEE, I cant pick hahahahha
and thats a NICE THING... two many years we have lived without our "heros".. its SO WONDEFUL they are public again Smile)

Hugz
Lexy
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kidd (DDG 100)
Gridley (DDG 101)
Sampson (DDG 102)
Truxtun (DDG 103)
Sterett (DDG 104)
Dewey (DDG 105)

These are the current destroyers (named for heros) that are building. All these names are recycled. Sorry if I don't know who some of these guys were. Kidd was recently the lead ship of a 5 hull class built for the Shah that were Spru-Cans of all missle config. Gridley ('you may fire when ready' fame of Manila) was in a previous incarnation classmate of the Sterett and Truxton but was distinguished (ahmm) by having Kerry serve in 1st Division (but he was an excellant Public Information Officer!). Dewey, the Hero of Manila founded Great Lakes but earned and sold his 'subscripted' awards petulantly. Samson was another hero of the war with the Spanish.

Personally I think it would be suitable to petition the Navy to rename the Gridley the John O'Neill.

Just a thought.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
I'm just guessing here, but I think John O'Neill would be extremely embarrassed at being singled out of the group, even though he was the predominant face in the media and in our culture for the whole Swifts' group.

IMO, I think he would prefer to have a silhouette of a PCF or a group shot of the founders than his own face on the cover.

I would vote first for the PCF or group shot because that's what I think Mr. O'Neill would do, but any consideration of anyone among the founders would get my vote.

The Swifts are, in my opinion, "The Person of the Year," no matter what face you want to put on it - and no matter what Time thinks about it.

Heaven only knows what they'll actually come up with. They're as bad as the Nobel committee, in that respect, hm? Wink

That is so right! It would be nice though if they did honor the PCF that way.

You are right to, that they are as bad as the Nobel Committee. Any committee who would pick Arafat for a Nobel Peace Prize does not have sound judgement. The rest are just like them. They would pick that moron Moore before they ever acknowledged the SVPT. They are too ignorant and biased.

Hmmmmm.......sounds like our MSM.

But you are right..... Rolling Eyes
tony54
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone thinks Time magazine will give the man of the year to John O'Neill, you got a better chance of seeing God.
Why would they do that with all the more IMPORTANT men out there?
The top of their list is something like this:
1: John Kerry
2: Kofi Annan
3: George Soros
4: Arafat, if he stays dead.
5: Michael Moore
666: Hillary
7: Bruce Springsteen
8: Jimmy Carter
9: Chirac
10: Your paper boy

Sorry John, you didn't make the list! Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: