SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What if.....
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inatizzy
Former Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 7:02 pm    Post subject: What if..... Reply with quote

a group of terrorists somehow managed to build a car bomb and set it off in some suburban neighborhood just as school was letting out, killing many children.

What do you think the response of the US Government would be?

How about the US people?

Would John Q Public on the street be satisfied with the government saying "we will bring these killers to justice. We will find them"? Or would there be some vigilante justice? Would Bush have to take off the kid gloves and basically tell the libs to pound sand because we're going after the Islamonuts in this country? Will he declare martial law? What scenario do you see?

I ask this because I think it's coming. It's just a matter of time and opportunity. They're plotting and planning.....and like Dr. Rice said "we have to be right 100% of the time, they only have to be right once"
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 7:40 pm    Post subject: It has almost happened. Reply with quote

I know of at least 15 incidents of terrorism twarted by the combined Law Enforcement efforts led by the FBI in our country. These guys have their eye on the ball now and the Patriot Act and support of AG Ashcroft have helped them to achieve this record.

I could see ML being imposed if multiple incidents happened simultainiously.

Independent that leans right of center.
Inatizzy
Former Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: It has almost happened. Reply with quote

PhantomSgt wrote:
I know of at least 15 incidents of terrorism twarted by the combined Law Enforcement efforts led by the FBI in our country. These guys have their eye on the ball now and the Patriot Act and support of AG Ashcroft have helped them to achieve this record.

I could see ML being imposed if multiple incidents happened simultainiously.

Like Rice said "we have to be right 100% of the time, they only have to be right ONCE.

Their "once" is coming.
USAFE5
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree - their once is coming.

Sadly I think it might be a necessary evil we have to endure. To unite our countrymen as we were in WWII, it may take living through another attack. I would pray that it not be a dirty bomb or involve our children, but it may.
Dubya will not take the gloves off before this happens but I am sure he will afterward.
GoophyDog
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recommended reading: Tom Clancey's "Teeth of the Tiger". I outlines what is probably a pretty darn accurate scenario of what we could be facing next.
USAFE5
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Clancy's books. I wonder if the "otherside" reads them too?
Inatizzy
Former Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoophyDog wrote:
Recommended reading: Tom Clancey's "Teeth of the Tiger". I outlines what is probably a pretty darn accurate scenario of what we could be facing next.

What is Clancy's scenario? Inquiring minds want to know Wink
USAFE5
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.clancyfaq.com/teeth_of_the_tiger.pdf
P. Aaron
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoophyDog wrote:
An even scarier scenario is played out in Clancy's "The Sum of All Fears".

Read the BOOK. DO NOT WATCH THAT LOUSY EXCUSE FOR A MOVIE thinking you're getting a film version of a Clancy book.
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

USAFE5:
I just put another Clancy book on the wish list.

Thanks for the link!
Smile Very Happy
USAFE5
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

your very welcome - at last I have learned how to put links in Laughing
Another good author for fiction is Clive Cussler. I enjoy his Dirk Pitt stories.
tony54
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No matter who, when, how, or where it happened,
GW would get all the blame, especially from the whiners who are currently complaining about the Patriot Act.
Digger
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watch out guys. The ACLU is now trying to run a campaign to basically gut the Patriot Act. If they succeed the worst will be a great likelyhood.
They're another bunch that needs watching Evil or Very Mad

Sgt. Maj. Seamus D.D. MacNemi R.M.C. Ret.
Sheri
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 8:21 am    Post subject: ACLU Reply with quote

Here is a new site that wants to bring the ACLU down.

http://www.stoptheaclu.org/

Please check it out. I've already printed the protest letter, signed and stamped it.

Pray it works. I loathe the ACLU..
tony54
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ACLU used to be an organization that fought for the rights of regular citizens; they very rarely took on cases and only for legitimate reasons.
In the mid eighties they started getting aggressive with extreme left wing cases only to have federal judges dismiss them.

When Clinton got in office in '92, one of the first things he did was to appoint hundreds of extremely left leaning Democrat Judges across the country, all anti-gun, anti-religion and anti-military pro abortion, pro gay.

Knowing that the ACLU went on a rampage, suing small cities to have them remove religious items from public display, and they purposely made sure they went to a Clinton appointee.

They won every time.

Rather than spend millions of dollars fighting them with appeals the small cities caved in, school districts caved in, even the city of Los Angeles caved in and removed the cross from their city emblem and now one of the oldest American organization, The Boy Scouts is in danger because of their belief in God, and their anti-gay stand.

To fix the problem GW must start appointing conservative God fearing federal judges or the word GOD will be removed from the dictionary.
The ACLU will be the vehicle, but the reckless federal judges are ultimately responsible.

Remember: IN GOD WE TRUST???

Last edited by tony54 on Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: