SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bureaucratic War in Washington

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
srmorton
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:53 am    Post subject: Bureaucratic War in Washington Reply with quote

I just found this fascinating article by Tony Blankley on Drudge. It
reveals what President Bush will be up against in his second term.
It's hard to believe that there are career bureaucrats in DC that
would want to undermine the United States in this way.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/op-ed/tblankley.htm
Barbie2004
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read between the lines!

These so called bureaucrats are backed by Unions (ahem. . .the AFL-CIO, and affiliate unions, SEIU, AFSME, UFCW, etc. & Soros & Klan. . .you know, the same folks who somehow was connected to all of the violence against Republican headquarters, etc.) who did their darndest and spent tons of money to unseat GWB!

We need to stay ever vigilant.

We won the battle, but make no mistake, the war is yet uncalled.

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Nutso
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before the election I heard a radio spot where they asked Bush a serious question, then dubbed in a different answer, one where he was laughing to make it look like he didn't care. The ad was produced by the UAW.
I have always preferred to buy American products and service, but this ad gave me a change of heart real fast. You can bet my next vehicle will not be made by UAW workers.
Snipe
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know all about the UAW. Maybe that's why I drive a Honda.
DaveL
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the press is getting it all wrong!
Quote:
AP: Naysayers need not apply to serve second Bush term

Bush has a history of removing those who disagree with him.

Paul O'Neill, his first treasury secretary, was fired after expressing misgivings about the need for additional tax cuts proposed by the president.

Economic adviser Lawrence Lindsey got his walking papers after making estimates on the cost of the Iraq war that Bush deemed to be too high, but which turned out to be accurate.

http://www.oaklandtribune.com/Stories/0,1413,82~1865~2540397,00.html#

What the press and others seem to forget is that the Executive branch of government works for the President. This includes all of his Cabinet Secretaries, all of their departments, and all of the Intelligence Services of the United States. I have no doubt that the President appreciates diverse input from those around him, but once policy is set by him, he must expect the Executive branch of government to carry out this policy. Attempts to undermine his policy by leaks to the press, publishing anonymous books or any other means, are clearly intolerable!
scotty61
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you thought the MSM was stupid this past year, the next year will make it look like they were geniuses. They want Bush to appease the democrats because they comprise 48% of the vote. They made no such claim on Clinton in 1992 when 57% voted against him.

Since the MSM put all their eggs in Kerry's basket, they now have to be anti everything Bush does. Ignore them, for despite their efforts, we're winning. If they want to dig themselves into a hole, I don't want to tell them to stop diggging.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: