SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hating America on FOX Tonight

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barbie2004
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:08 pm    Post subject: Hating America on FOX Tonight Reply with quote

John Gibson is doing a program called "Hating America" on FOX tonight. Very sorry, but I forgot to catch the time.

Anyway, I don't know how John plans on approaching the program, but I can tell him this much:

1. From my historical perspective and experience, "Hating America" began with John Kerry telling the world that our Servicemen were a bunch of "baby killers" that our enemies, with the help of the MSM, used as propaganda to foment this "hatred."

2. Jimmy Carter perpetuated this "hatred" by involving himself in the affairs of Iran, which caused the Shah of Iran to fall to the very same islamofascists that we are fighting today. Since that time, Iran has opperated "schools" that has taught nothing but "Hating America" and Iran has provided save haven, training, and funds for terrorists for the last 25 years.

3. Eight years of Bill Clinton, in particular his "escapades" in the White House with a certain intern, damaged our image in the world's perspective, which in turn, gave the islamofascists the "weapon" to call us the "immoral" "infadels."

So, I don't know how John Gibson is going to approach the program, but it will be very interesting to see if any of the abovementioned is explained.

Rolling Eyes Shocked Rolling Eyes Shocked Rolling Eyes Shocked Rolling Eyes
happyday
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please let us know how they cover it. Some of us don't get Fox news. Confused
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The show was about a lot of the things in John Gibson's very good book, "Hating America: The New World Sport."

It was mainly about how the BBC, Arab media and European media have poisoned peoples' opinions about the war on terror and about who we are as a country.

And it brings up the very important point that except for our efforts at setting up "Al Hurra" - the balance - in Iraq, our own government has done little to promote our country through the rest of the world and the endless criticism simply stands there, unopposed.

It also suggests that we simply cut off aid to countries from which the most vitriol against us seems to be flowing. Seems rather simple to me, but what do I know? Wink

scotty61
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, it was a good show and Gibson did a good job showing what phonies a lot of the people spreading this stuff are. One Frenchman, who wrote a book claiming that the US was behind 9-11, used a bunch of weasely statements to claim there was no evidence to support the US claim that terrorists were responsible for 9-11. He was gobsmacked when Gibson plopped the 9-11 Commission Report in front of him and suggested he read that.

He also got into the anti-american bias of the BBC and arab tv. Amazing how simular they are.
Inatizzy
Former Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMNSHO there is only ONE reason so much of the world hates us.

JEALOUSY

THey're absolutely green with it. They hate where they have to live and the crappy condition of their own country and culture. They look at our prosperity, freedom, and benevolence and HATE US.

JEALOUSY - the monster. Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inatizzy wrote:
IMNSHO there is only ONE reason so much of the world hates us.

JEALOUSY

THey're absolutely green with it. They hate where they have to live and the crappy condition of their own country and culture. They look at our prosperity, freedom, and benevolence and HATE US.

JEALOUSY - the monster. Twisted Evil

I ditto that!!! Think about it. In less than 300 years we are a world power....they just cannot figure out why. Inatizzy said it better than I could! Very Happy
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It showed me just how ignorant much of the world is, the skerry part is that there are morons like that right here! we need some basic IQ test before people can vote. Wink

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scotty61 wrote:
I agree, it was a good show and Gibson did a good job...
He also got into the anti-american bias of the BBC and arab tv. Amazing how simular they are.

I'll bet it could have been a 'GREAT' show if one adds the similarities to the America bashing CNN, CNBC, NBC, MSNBC, ABC, NY times, WaPost, et al Hosts. but then just one book wouldn't do it justice...

BT

I'd rather be sailing
P. Aaron
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Y'all is a step slow!

Sunday, Nov. 21 at 9 p.m and 12 a.m. ET
Hosted by John Gibson

They may run it again. I missed it too. Damn!
happyday
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with inasmuch as we need to quit sending aid of any sort to the countries that are vehement in their outspoken hatred of the U.S. Why are we supporting this attitude with our $$$? Hmmmm, or I just had a very interesting thought. Cut the international aid to these countries, and use the money saved to build up our military instead, carrot and stick style. Or is my thinking too old-fashioned? Laughing
Digger
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone should tell them that the "Great Satan" is a liberal and that they voted for him. Evil or Very Mad

Sgt. Maj. Seamus D.D. MacNemi R.M.C. Ret.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: