SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sign This Petition For A Marine Who Did His Duty
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Firedawg
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:26 pm    Post subject: Sign This Petition For A Marine Who Did His Duty Reply with quote

This Marine protected his fellow Marine's and put them first and foremost. Please sign the petition and let them know you back this Marine 100%.

http://www.petitiononline.com/as123/petition.html
azTrish
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the posting.. I forwarded to all I know

Trish
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It must be making the rounds FAST - the petition has nearly doubled since I first saw it, about noon, today!

My recommendation - copy the PowerLine blog letter from a Marine about this topic into an email and then add the link to the Petition at the bottom and ask your friends and family to stand with this Marine.

http://powerlineblog.com/archives/008650.php
rosierita
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy i was just coming here to post this! it's really gaining signatures FAST!! (& that's a GOOD thing!)
Digger
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They can contact me if they want to Laughing

Sgt. Maj. Seamus D.D. MacNemi R.M.C. Ret.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, the number has multiplied almost five times in the last 24 hours!

Keep that link moving!

Here's a letter I sent out - feel free to snitch it for your own email list.

Quote:

http://powerlineblog.com/archives/008650.php

From Power Line Blog, an email from a Marine in the 11th MEU:

This is one story of many that people normally don't hear, and one that everyone does.

This is one most don't hear:

A young Marine and his cover man cautiously enter a room just recently filled with insurgents armed with Ak-47's and RPG's. There are three dead, another wailing in pain. The insurgent can be heard saying, "Mister, mister! Diktoor, diktoor(doctor)!" He is badly wounded, lying in a pool of his own blood. The Marine and his cover man slowly walk toward the injured man, scanning to make sure no enemies come from behind. In a split second, the pressure in the room greatly exceeds that of the outside, and the concussion seems to be felt before the blast is heard. Marines outside rush to the room, and look in horror as the dust gradually settles. The result is a room filled with the barely recognizable remains of the deceased, caused by an insurgent setting off several pounds of explosives.

The Marines' remains are gathered by teary eyed comrades, brothers in arms, and shipped home in a box. The families can only mourn over a casket and a picture of their loved one, a life cut short by someone who hid behind a white flag.

But no one hears these stories, except those who have lived to carry remains of a friend, and the families who loved the dead. No one hears this, so no one cares.

This is the story everyone hears:

A young Marine and his fire team cautiously enter a room just recently filled with insurgents armed with AK-47's and RPG's. There are three dead, another wailing in pain. The insugent can be heard saying, "Mister, mister! Diktoor, diktoor(doctor)!" He is badly wounded. Suddenly, he pulls from under his bloody clothes a grenade, without the pin. The explosion rocks the room, killing one Marine, wounding the others. The young Marine catches shrapnel in the face.

The next day, same Marine, same type of situation, a different story. The young Marine and his cover man enter a room with two wounded insurgents. One lies on the floor in puddle of blood, another against the wall. A reporter and his camera survey the wreckage inside, and in the background can be heard the voice of a Marine, "He's moving, he's moving!"

The pop of a rifle is heard, and the insurgent against the wall is now dead. Minutes, hours later, the scene is aired on national television, and the Marine is being held for committing a war crime. Unlawful killing.

And now, another Marine has the possibility of being burned at the stake for protecting the life of his brethren. His family now wrings their hands in grief, tears streaming down their face. Brother, should I have been in your boots, I too would have done the same.

For those of you who don't know, we Marines, Band of Brothers, Jarheads, Leathernecks, etc., do not fight because we think it is right, or think
it is wrong. We are here for the man to our left, and the man to our right. We choose to give our lives so that the man or woman next to us can go home and see their husbands, wives, children, friends and families.

For those of you who sit on your couches in front of your television, and choose to condemn this man's actions, I have but one thing to say to you. Get out of your recliner, lace up my boots, pick up a rifle, leave your family behind and join me. See what I've seen, walk where I have walked.

To those of you who support us, my sincerest gratitude. You keep us alive.

I am a Marine currently doing his second tour in Iraq. These are my opinions and mine alone. They do not represent those of the Marine Corps or of the US military, or any other.

Dear family and friends,

Maybe you've noticed that our media has been attempting to turn this shooting incident in Fallujah into another Abu Ghraib situation - one more attempt to demoralize our troops and discredit our military.

They did this to great effect during the Vietnam war and they're trying to do it again with the war in Iraq. We're all a little older now, and a little smarter about how media coverage affected the outcome of the Vietnam war and how it could well undermine our efforts in Iraq, if we allow it to do so.

This Marine is INNOCENT until proven guilty - let's not let the press decide for the military what the appropriate judgement is. Let the military complete its investigation and decide the outcome without interference from the media.

Let's not stand by while another generation of soldiers is slandered and marginalized. Please stand with this Marine.

Sign the petition at: http://www.petitiononline.com/as123/petition.html as a show of support for this man who was protecting his squad under almost unimaginably horrible conditions.

Thanks very much for your time!
(signed)

southerndelite
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nx3, thanks for the letter to snitch! Very Happy I have sent it to all in my address book, plus I signed the petition myself.
breezy
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I support this soldier with all my heart and him and his with prayer ''

he did the right thing and that reporter should have reported this with the same respect of a and for a fellow american ..

This email message is sent to you from PetitionOnline.com to confirm your signature as "carin carlin berletic" on the online petition:
RogerRabbit
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is unreal that we even have to sign something like this, we just need to send the Marines more bullets
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was #27936,
and there were more added before I was done!
USAFE5
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOWWwwwwww I signed it early this morning and I was 2275
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

30451 and you can refresh the page every few seconds to see that there's a signature being added every second or two.

Incredible!

Keep those emails flyin'! Smile
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
30451 and you can refresh the page every few seconds to see that there's a signature being added every second or two.

Incredible!

Keep those emails flyin'! Smile

I hope they have enough storage space for 60 million plus signatures, and hopefully some of the 58 million who voted for Kerry. Very Happy
AD
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am the 31,440 th
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I signed last night and was number 6639. Tonight, over 32,000!!!!!!!!

Although not mentioning the petition, eveb BOR said tonight they were not going to let this Marine be taken down.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: