SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CNN on SwiftBoat

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
captjenk
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 8:40 pm    Post subject: CNN on SwiftBoat Reply with quote

Today they were saying that the recent swiftboat commercial will add little to no value in the minds of people going to vote. Did anyone meet with media consultants before doing this? I think that come Nov. everyone will forget your commercial, you should have done it closer to the election. Also, if you have a vet speak on the commercial you should make sure that he 1. Was on the boat 2. Does not have political ties and 3. will not change his mind after saying what he did in the commercial. Dont take this as a bash, I work in the media and think that it should have been more strategic.
mudderfudder77
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alot has been made of these gentleman not serving on Kery's boat, they've never claimed to be on his boat. These are the officers that served with him, that went on missions with him, and commanded their boats right next to his. Also if you read the news you will see that no member has recanted what they said, the Globe printed an article that totally misrepresented what. And lastly - what media do you work in? It's common knowledge that 527 groups such as this are limited in when they can air their ads before an election. Might want to check a few facts before offering advice...
rbshirley
Founder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 9:08 pm    Post subject: Re: CNN on SwiftBoat Reply with quote

captjenk wrote:
Also, if you have a vet speak on the commercial you should make sure that he
1. Was on the boat
2. Does not have political ties
3. will not change his mind.

I continue to be amazed at how how the "talking points" get regurgitated over
and over again when they have been so resoundly proven to be bull hockey

Well I hate to be redundant. But until this silliness comes to a halt:

1. Was on the boat {or else you cannot know}

........... .................

........... .................

2. Does not have political ties

No one has proven any SBVFT ties to the Bush campaign. They don't exist.

Does being a Republican, or Democrat, or Independent disqualify an opinion?

3. will not change his mind

No one changed his mind.

A journalist WITH CLOSE POLITICAL TIES TO KERRY erroneously reported so.

Any thing else we can clear up for you? Just who is telling the truth here?

captjenk
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Removed comment. Captjenk, this board is not about Bush, but is about Kerry. Bush's military service has been discussed ad nauseum, here and elsewhere.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

captjenk wrote:
i work for NBC, so I will offer my advice.

Is that supposed to be a bona fide or a caveat emptor? Laughing
SharpTalons
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

captjenk wrote:
i work for NBC, so I will offer my advice. I think that as a republican and a bush supporter you are misrepresnting the facts. The facts are that he served our country, this is one thing that I cant say about the current president. Even though I support bush you will have to admit that he took the easy way out during the war. But enough about that because I know you are going to respond that it is not about GW it is about Kerry and that is fine. I have one question, were you on a swiftboat with Kerry. Is there anybody here that served with Kerry. If the answer is no, then all you are doing is spreading hear-say the same way the dems are spreading that GW went awol, did drugs, and failed the country. If the guys on Kerry's boat support his medals, I think they were closer than guys 50 yards away on another boat. Thats all I am saying, everyone has an agendas to get their nominee elected.

Research this site for the testimony of gunner Steven Gardner. Off hand I don't know where it is exactly located. There might be a few a quotes. I heard him at length on a talk show yesterday. He recounted his observations with startling detail. He served on John Kerry's swiftboat
as a gunner for 2 and a half years starting in early 1967. HE WAS ON THE BOAT. PLUS HE HAS A REPORT IN HIS POSSESSION DEBUNKING KERRY's CLAIMS. I don't know why the major media is avoiding this guy. In my opinion he is the star witness. He is bulletproof to the baseless needling we have heard when the story first broke.

Last edited by SharpTalons on Sat Aug 07, 2004 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

captjenk wrote:
i work for NBC,

Ahhhh.... that explains it all.

I wouldn't trust anything NBC has to say on a bet.

Quote:
I think that as a republican and a bush supporter you are misrepresnting the facts.

Not all of us are Republicans - not all of us are Bush supporters.

Quote:
The facts are that he served our country, this is one thing that I cant say about the current president. Even though I support bush you will have to admit that he took the easy way out during the war.

Our President has served his country well. First in the TANG, strapping an F102 on himself and earning an honorable discharge.

He and four others in his unit at one time DID volunteer for duty in Vietnam, and the two who had adequate flight time were taken. The other two (including the President) were denied on the basis of being too new to the aircraft.

And then in going after the Islamofascists who have been attacking us for many years.

This trumps everything else, in my mind, because if we don't get them now, we will have many more 911's dealt to us.

I have no faith in John Kerry's "sensitive" approach to the war on terror. This war needs a hammer and anvil approach, IMO and that's just what this President is providing.

Quote:
Thats all I am saying, everyone has an agendas to get their nominee elected.

Yes, and you've demonstrated yours quite transparently. Wink
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 10:22 pm    Post subject: Re: CNN on SwiftBoat Reply with quote

captjenk wrote:
Today they were saying that the recent swiftboat commercial will add little to no value in the minds of people going to vote.

As you know, CNN is not objective and have an agenda.

In consideration of that, of course they would say the SwiftVets as will add "little value." Just as a Communist would say that capitalism adds little value to wealth of a nation.

In other words, while everyone is entitled to an opinion, not everyone is smart enough nor objective enough to have a correct opinion.

FDL
captjenk
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinda like FOX
fortdixlover

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

captjenk wrote:
I have one question, were you on a swiftboat with Kerry. Is there anybody here that served with Kerry. If the answer is no, then all you are doing is spreading hear-say.

Sir,

President Franklin Roosevelt and Harry Truman were not on the same boat as General Douglas MacArthur during WW2. How could FDR or Truman possibly have commented on MacArthur's performance, or fairly fired him as Truman did?

Please explain in detail. We wish to be enlightened. Thanks.

FDL

Last edited by fortdixlover on Sat Aug 07, 2004 10:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
fortdixlover

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

captjenk wrote:
Kinda like FOX

So why are there calls from the Left to censor Fox News, and none from the Right to censor CNN?

Why have the DNC and Kerry campaign lawyers tried to muzzle free speech, like totalitarian dictators, regarding the SwiftVets ad?

Why has your station not made a big issue out of such naked attempted censorship by government officials (i.e., a U.S. Senator named Kerry)?

Why is "Fahrenheit 911" such a big hit with Hezbollah, a murderous terrorist group that delights in blowing up pregnant women and teenagers in pizza shops, and Castro, a dictator supreme?

Why are today's Democrats so decidely unAmerican in ideology?

FDL
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captjenk, neither you or anyone else disparaging Bush's military service ever flew with him. By your own words, that disqualifies them from speaking about him.

Let's keep this board for what it is, Kerry, not Bush.
prdCOmom
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
captjenk wrote:
i work for NBC, so I will offer my advice.

Is that supposed to be a bona fide or a caveat emptor?

I knew there was a reason I did not watch NBC very much Smile

Now it could be just me....but that picture makes it look like this is pretty close quarters out there from boat to boat.
It would seem to me that it would be easy to see what was happening around me and on other boats. But of course....I am not trained to be watchful of all the stuff around me like these guys are. I especially like the view from the guy up tops vantage point.

Are Kerry supporters suggesting that these men never intermingle between boats?
They never speak to one another. They don't watch out for the other boats. They only see to the deck rail of their boat.
How could that be?

Now...as for agendas!!!!
From my perspective...Kerry made his service an issue. Wanted to base his whole platform on 4 months of his life.
These fine men simply want to clear their honor of the lies Kerry has told all his life.

And Mr. NBC man, since you are high up in the media, Smile could you please explain to me why John Kerry was in Cambodia on Christmas Eve?
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

captjenk wrote:
Quote:
Is there anybody here that served with Kerry.
I will add the ?

Your lack of scholarship may have to do with your lack of ratings.
Your lack of scholarship as to military affairs disqualifies you from
having a legitimate opinion therein.

Did any body here, with the swift Veterans for truth serve with Kerry?

The answer is yes. The vast, overwhelming majority of Kerry's command
structure are who the Swift Vets are.

How is it possible for NBC to be responsible for reporting news
when NBC, or at least you, are so completely ignorant of the facts?

Are you Ignorant of these facts, if so WHY?

This is not a new story. Nearly all of the primary source material involving Kerry’s myriad of military scandals were reported decades
ago in Mass. newspapers.

Not to go off track here but I'm wondering if you are aware Ted Kennedy’s
father was recalled as ambassador to the U K because of his passionate
support for Hitler? Did you know Ted Kennedy is guilty of Manslaughter
in a drunk driving incident? Are you aware Ted Kenedy’s mother was
The daughter of the most Corupt mayor in the history of the United
States?

Are you Aware Mass has a long history of making stories dissapear?

Scholarship and NBC don't seem to mix.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: