SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DNC lawyers Elian/Sandler ban "Unfit for Command"?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:08 am    Post subject: DNC lawyers Elian/Sandler ban "Unfit for Command"? Reply with quote

Will the DNC/Kerry campaign lawyers Elian and Sandler 'recommend' that bookstores do not carry the book "Unfit for Command"?

Will they recommend burning the book in the streets?

I wonder.

FDL
justamom
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can they really do this? Can they really threaten people the way they are?

I read the letter they sent out to television studios "advising" them NOT to air your ad...huh? THIS IS AMERICA 2004???

Do people not understand the implications here? This is very disturbing to me! IF Kerry were to become President, he and his lawyers would control the media (and whoever else) via threats (or whatever else). There would be NO free speech! My gosh, he's just a candidate and he's attempting to exercise control over media and truth.

That doesn't frighten any of those following/supporting him? Surely, no one could hate Bush so much that they would so willingly forfeit everything this country is about? Everything you men, those before and those since you have fought and DIED for?

THESE INDIVIDUALS SCARE ME. THEY REALLY, REALLY SCARE ME.
Dave Rittiford
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESE ARE THE SAME PEOPLE WHO SAY THE PATRIOT ACT DECONSTRUCTS THE CONSTITUTION

THE SAME PEOPLE WHO SAY THE SOLDIERS IN HARMS WAY TODAY
ARE FIGHTING FOR THE RIGHTS OF ANTI- BUSH SUPPORTERS
i.e. MICHAEL MOORE AND NATALIE MAINES TO LIE WHENEVER AND
WHERE EVER THEY WANT
tngator
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's like anything else, it is ok for items like Freedom of Speech to be undermined as long as it is a victory for them.
Son Of The Godfather
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:32 am    Post subject: So, Unfit for Command is bad, but Falsenheit 9/11 = no prob? Reply with quote

It seems Michael Moore's film was o.k. to spill it's diarreah, even with facts known to be false and editing that totally altered the perception of the reality of events (hey, freedom of speech! If you don't like it, don't watch it!)

BUT...

Unfit for Command, with it's verifiable data and first-person accounts, is considered "libelous"...

http://humaneventsonline.com.edgesuite.net/unfit_pdf.html

Methinks they doth protest too much... I'm getting pretty sick of these guys.

This man must NOT be Commander in Chief!

SOTG
Bill Levinson
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 4:51 pm    Post subject: Lawyer's threats add fuel to fire Reply with quote

justamom wrote:
Can they really do this? Can they really threaten people the way they are?

I read the letter they sent out to television studios "advising" them NOT to air your ad...huh? THIS IS AMERICA 2004???
ME.

If I owned the TV studio, I would first consult my own attorney. Then, if I was sure I was on firm legal ground, I would broadcast the threatening letters or communications from the Demolawyers instead of the Swiftvets ad. That would do FAR more damage to Kerry than the Swiftvets ad ever could.

Someone once said that it's not the wrongful act but the coverup that gets the perpetrator (and this is, as I recall, what did in Nixon). They can argue with the ad's veracity but an attempt to muzzle it is almost prima facie evidence, at least in the court of public opinion, that the ad is true.
brad
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it really is just as bad as many movie theatres refusing to air Fahrenheit 9/11 due to urging and sometimes threats of personal harm to theater owners from neo-conservative pressure groups - the attempts to restrict information on both sides are execrable. The records of both candidates during the war should be available for full examination.
ASPB

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brad wrote:
Yeah, it really is just as bad as many movie theatres refusing to air Fahrenheit 9/11 due to urging and sometimes threats of personal harm to theater owners from neo-conservative pressure groups - the attempts to restrict information on both sides are execrable. The records of both candidates during the war should be available for full examination.

Bush's are, Kerry's aren't. Why don't you join us in asking him to release them?
brad
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ASPB wrote:
brad wrote:

Bush's are, Kerry's aren't. Why don't you join us in asking him to release them?

Then can you explain the large, many-month gaps where there are no records of Bush doing anything related to his National Guard duty at all, not even being paid? (This is, of course, well documented in many places, I can provide links for the lazy.) Sounds like some of his are missing to me too.

I have, of course, emailed Kerry's campaign about this when it was first reported that there was missing info - no need to me to join a group to do something I have already done. Smile

Since we seem to agree, then if I send you a copy of the petition to my local movie house (only one within an hour of here) to show Fahrenheit 9/11, will you sign? They have still not shown it.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brad wrote:
Then can you explain the large, many-month gaps where there are no records of Bush doing anything related to his National Guard duty at all, not even being paid?

It's apparent that you've never drilled with a Reserve or National Guard unit.

Bush missed some drills and he made them up. Big deal. So did I. So do most people who do any Active Reserve years.

And apparently you haven't been paying attention - there were some new pay records and other documentation found within the last month.

brad wrote:
Since we seem to agree, then if I send you a copy of the petition to my local movie house (only one within an hour of here) to show Fahrenheit 9/11, will you sign? They have still not shown it.

Do an internet search and you will find places to download it for free - with Michael Moore's own permission.

As you believe in F911 so strongly, I suggest you take a look at a few of the F911 d-bunker sites - the most comprehensive and easy to read is here:

59 Deceits in Fahrenheit 911 by Dave Kopel
minnie presley
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:40 pm    Post subject: re muzzling the media Reply with quote

what is this country coming to, this is war, what are we going to do about this, if they succeed in stoping this ad, we are all doomed any suggesting on who we can call and what can swiftvets do about this go to court, I thought we had the 1st amendment, everything kerry and his group is not true, I am so upset about this
chip
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't be upset by it.

Look at it this way - the veiled threats against television stations has created a huge amount of interest in what the Swifts have to say.

It was possibly the campaign's worst possible move in reaction to this ad.

It's all coming out. And now it's going to come out faster than had the campaign not made that move.

They aren't interfering with anyone's first amendment rights - they can't prevent anyone from showing that ad.

And as someone else here has quite astutely pointed out, the LAST thing the campaign wants is to take someone to court to prove defamation of character.

You can see how busy the board is all of a sudden and you can feel the desperation coming from the Kerry people - they're flooding this board with posts that claim to be from veterans who supports Kerry.

Don't be upset by this. Be happy about it - they have handed the SBVFT a huge bag of influence that they might have otherwise had to scramble for, tooth and nail. Wink
fortdixlover

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brad wrote:

Typical faulty leftist comparison. Readers, remember my prior posts on how the Left is unable to make comparisons properly and with a nuanced approach towards important details?

In this case, we see a comparison of consumer reaction to a movie (conservatives are consumers, after all) to serious threat of litigation and government-sanctioned attempted censorship against the broadcast media by Senator Kerry -- a government official -- and his campaign and DNC lawyers.

Irrelevant Comparisons
Example: A hundred dollars is a good price for a toaster, compared to buying a Ferrari.

FDL
fortdixlover

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brad wrote:
Then can you explain the large, many-month gaps where there are no records of Bush doing anything related to his National Guard duty at all, not even being paid?

Sir: who cares where he was? The job he has done now makes that entirely irrelevant. At very worst (and I speak hypothetically), there could have been some youthful indiscretion that Bush long ago put behind him. So, who cares?

On the other hand, John Kerry's gangland-style assassination of a wounded Vietnamese soldier, burning down their houses with a Zippo, and direct role in causation of death of several million Vietnamese after we pulled out (through his con job on Congress, stating that only a few thousand S. Vietnamese would need to flee) are quite different matters. There's no statute of limitations on murder.

FDL
Tony
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'm going to take the money I didn't spend on taking my family out for a night at the movies to see Michael Moore's flick F911 and instead buy Unfit for Command and maybe make a donation to SVFT to keep that fantastic advertisement running.

http://tonyk.smugmug.com/photos/1822816-L-1.jpg
USN 1983-1992

Last edited by Tony on Sat Aug 07, 2004 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: