SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SwiftVets Thanks Alot
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArogantMan
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 7:42 pm    Post subject: SwiftVets Thanks Alot Reply with quote

I am a US Marine who served in Vietnam with 3/1 during 1969-1970. My older brothers Franklin (1968 -1970), and Stewart (1967) also served with the US Marines in Northern I Corps in Vietnam and all as grunts. My youngest son David is currently completing BCT at Ft. Benning Georgia, whereupon he will then attend OCS.

I have seen your advertisement on television, and I have to ask you this. What kind of outfit where you guys running down there in the Delta? Your statements and your deeds today certainly do not reflect a cohesive combat unit with high morale. I assume that your commanding officer must be responsible for a lot of this. Is it possible that he also appears in this advertisement? Does he agree with all that you are doing, denigrating a member of your unit for political purposes? Is it not true that your Commanding Officer, would had to have endorsed Lt. (JG) Kerry's recommendations for his Bronze Star Medals and Silver Star Medal.

I understand that Lt. Cmdr. Elliot has since retracted all his statements about Lt. (JG) Kerry's character while he served with him in Vietnam. In deed, it was Lt. Cmdr. Elliot's own recommendation that earned LT. (JG) Kerry's Silver Star Medal. How do you guys reconcile that?

You speak of Lt. (JG) Kerry as if he was a liar when he spoke to the Congressional Committee in 1972. That he was solely responsible for painting the Vietnam Veteran and his shipmates in a bad light. Are you trying to suggest that there where no atrocities committed by our troops in Vietnam? No "Free Fire Zones", No "County Fair" operations that resulted in burnt out villages and dead livestock? No deaths of civilians and prisoners?

You fail to mention however that Kerry and his group the "Vietnam Veterans Against the War" (VVAW) totaled over 30,000 combat veterans in 1972 and that VVAW was instrumental in getting the US Government to acknowledge the problems associated with many of us. Problems associated with Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome, and Agent Orange and that because of those efforts many veterans today are receiving health and financial benefits from our government.

You conveniently fail to mention that it was John Kerry and John McCain that went to Vietnam to work with the government in Vietnam to find answers to those heroes that were "Missing in Action". That as a result of their efforts many of their remains where brought back to their families where they belong, and in so doing help return our relationship with Vietnam to one where we earned their cooperation.

John O’Neil, what a piece of work that guy is. He gets his 15 minutes of fame by debating John Kerry on the Merv Griffith Show back in 1972. He did this on behalf of one of the most corrupt administrations in US History. An administration whose leader President Nixon became the only U.S. President to leave office in disgrace. Now I see that horse's ass is still out there trying to extend his 15 minutes of fame to thirty minutes by doing the same thing on behalf of an administration whose ethics are being question by at least half the electorate. An administration whose members for the most part did their best to avoid even going to Vietnam. I find this shameful.

I believe what you are doing is unprecedented in the history of U. S. Presidential Campaigns. I do not believe any US Veteran has ever allowed politics to transcend his service, or the respect he had for his brother's service. They may have disagreed with a candidate, they may not have like him when they served with him, but no one has ever stooped as low as you all have.

I served honorably in Vietnam, and have felt my service was important and that the legacy of all of our service was not to necessarily stop the spread of communism, but to insure that senseless wars where never fought again. I thought it was our duty to insure that we would never send our youth off to distant shores to spill their blood, over a war that was not necessary. Look where we are now.

And here you guys are. You allowed mere politics to transcend our honor, and our legacy. You denigrate to the world another Vietnam Veteran. A veteran you served with no less. You bring shame and disgrace on your unit, your commanding officer, the US Navy, and all the other Veterans who served in Vietnam many of whom do not agree with you. You are the ones that sold us all out, not John Kerry. You are the real traitors.

Barry DeLong, USMC
RVN 1969-70
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: SwiftVets Thanks Alot Reply with quote

Hello, Arrogant Man,

ArogantMan wrote:
I am a US Marine who served in Vietnam with 3/1 during 1969-1970.

Thank you for your service! You won't find a group of people who honors that service more than the people, here.

Quote:
I have seen your advertisement on television, and I have to ask you this. What kind of outfit where you guys running down there in the Delta? Your statements and your deeds today certainly do not reflect a cohesive combat unit with high morale.

I don't think they could pull a movement like this together in a few months unless they are indeed a cohesive unit with high morale and principled leadership.

Quote:
Does he agree with all that you are doing, denigrating a member of your unit for political purposes?

This is not about politics. This is about righting a 30+ year wrong and correcting a deep betrayal of all of you who served in that terribly executed war.

I believe you should look further into this than the one-minute ad that you've seen.

Please go to the front page and watch the video of the SBVFT initial press conference.

Read the Winter Soldier site. Read VietnamVeteransAgainstJohnKerry.com . Read the POW/MIA families site against John Kerry.

These 250 men have formed a group supported by thousands of other veterans whose only purpose is to tell the truth about Kerry's abbreviated tour and his after-war VVAW activities.

They have been silent for over thirty years and probably would have remained so except that all of a sudden, John Kerry is in a position of being elected to CinC of our younger brothers and sisters in arms. John Kerry has already betrayed them, too, just as he betrayed you. And he's stated that he is PROUD of it.

It is not politics that moves this group - it is an effort to restore the honor that the anti-war movement stole from you. John Kerry was at the helm of the veterans anti-war movement. He was at the forefront of convincing the American public that our soldiers had become barbarians.

He said that if we pulled out, far fewer of the VN civilians would continue to die than the 200,000 per year that we were supposedly intentionally killing. (Well, we all know how that went, hm?)

He lied to Congress. He negotiated with the enemy government while still a Naval Officer. He turned his back on credible testimony and evidence that POW's were still being held alive.

Again, thank you for your service to your country.

I believe that once you have done some research into who John Kerry has been and what he has done to an entire generation of soldiers, you will change your mind about who has made the wrong turn, here.

Best regards,
Butch
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy
Quote:
Again, thank you for your service to your country.

I believe that once you have done some research into who John Kerry has been and what he has done to an entire generation of soldiers, you will change your mind about who has made the wrong turn, here.

You are one sweet lady. Barry really upset me and I didn't want to post and get mean with a fellow Nam Vet. I think with a little research he will see that what we say is really true. He has been fed some bad info. What Kerry did in the 71 testimony probably caused a lot of the PTSD. With a good Welcome Home and parades, a lot of the emotions may not have stayed bottled up in the Nam Vets minds.

Thanks.
Sgt-Keeper
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 8:26 pm    Post subject: At ease Marine Reply with quote

Arogantman:
Go back & read the history of this group, the lies Kerry told, the problems he created and then try to reconcile your comments with the truth. 30,000 Viet Nam Veterans? Can't you read? Most of those supporting Kerry then were either never in Nam or were never in the military. Read "Stolen Valor", get up to speed before you post showing your ignorance of the issues & facts. What was your MOS, Company & Platoon? I'n not saying that I don't believe that you were in-country, but I knew a Terry DeLong over there. Any relation?
Semper Fi
waltjones
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:12 pm    Post subject: Explain this away, ArogantMan Reply with quote

ArogantMan: I can't believe that you, a Marine, can support Kerry. I guess you must be one of those Marines who committed atrocities on a day to day basis, known to all levels of command, etc. How did it feel to torture those civilians like Kerry said you did? Kerry's a liar, a traitor and a slanderer of his comrades-in-arms. Lastly, how can you support someone responsible for mocking the Iwo Jima memorial? You either don't know much about Kerry's past, or just don't care; some Marine - see below about honor!

An Insult To All Marines

The picture on the cover of John Kerry's book The New Soldier resembles the scene depicted in that famous photo of the Marines raising the flag on Mt. Suribachi. I believe that VVAW and Kerry were deliberately mocking that symbolically important event. It is apparent that the most beloved and reproduced photograph in American history - one that helped inspire our soldiers, sailors and Marines to victory in a tough campaign for our very existence and can now be found in every Marine Corps boot classroom - never made much of an impression on John Kerry, and that is still true to this day. If not, he would have apologized for such a grave insult to his country, to all who fought in WW2, and to all United States Marines. I call on all veterans, but especially ALL Marines, to avenge this insult by ensuring that John Kerry not only loses in November, but loses so badly that his political career is destroyed. That's my mission; how about you? Semper Fi! Walt (USMC ’65-’69)

carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:22 pm    Post subject: Re: SwiftVets Thanks Alot Reply with quote

ArogantMan wrote:
I am a US Marine who served in Vietnam with 3/1 during 1969-1970. My older brothers Franklin (1968 -1970), and Stewart (1967) also served with the US Marines in Northern I Corps in Vietnam and all as grunts. My youngest son David is currently completing BCT at Ft. Benning Georgia, whereupon he will then attend OCS.

I served honorably in Vietnam, ...Barry DeLong, USMC
RVN 1969-70

No you didn't...at least not according to Kerry. You are a murderer, rapists, arsonist or worse according to Kerry... just like the rest of us.

ACCORDING TO KERRY.
waltjones
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:26 pm    Post subject: Keep informed Reply with quote

BTW, ArogantMan, Elliot refuted Kranisch's interview; see the applicable thread in this forum. It pays to stay informed - you obviously haven't. Thatisall ....
MarineBrat
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:42 pm    Post subject: Re: SwiftVets Thanks Alot Reply with quote

ArogantMan wrote:
Subject: SwiftVets Thanks Alot

Looks like you changed your tactics in the middle of your message, Marine. Where is your thanks?

ArogantMan wrote:
I assume that your commanding officer must be responsible for a lot of this. Is it possible that he also appears in this advertisement?

Amazingly sir, every commanding officer Kerry ever had in Vietnam is in this organization. And in fact, only *one* out of all of the other officers who were there with Kerry, are pro Kerry.

ArogantMan wrote:
I understand that Lt. Cmdr. Elliot has since retracted all his statements about Lt. (JG) Kerry's character while he served with him in Vietnam. In deed, it was Lt. Cmdr. Elliot's own recommendation that earned LT. (JG) Kerry's Silver Star Medal. How do you guys reconcile that?

You understand incorrectly. Here is your first homework assignment. http://humaneventsonline.com.edgesuite.net/unfit_aff.html

... a bunch of blather deleted...

ArogantMan wrote:
You are the ones that sold us all out, not John Kerry. You are the real traitors.

I find this quote to be interesting. The "us" that you refer to, the entity who is being "sold out", seems to be the Democrat party, not Veterans of the United States Military. I am glad you exposed your first allegiance.

And thanks for your service in Vietnam!

Semper Fi,

MarineBrat
RNO
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am new here but a Viet Nam Vet also..I have been arguing with indivduals like arrogantman on the net for years...They do not understand reason nor do they care...You will find that many who claim to be vets are not vets...They think they can get their point across better that way...I do not know if he is or not but this Vet thanks to all of you who are standing up to the likes of Kerry...Thanks for your service and thanks for this site...I hope to bring other vets with like minds here to add support..Wes
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bring a few with unlike minds. We'd like to convert a few of the misguided! Wink
RNO
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been fighting with some of them on other sites for along time..It does no good..Many are young and seem to not know much about this Country nor the men who have served..I am not sure it would do any good to invite them here at all...Thanks again for this site and those here who have served...Wes
JN173
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RNO wrote:
I have been fighting with some of them on other sites for along time..It does no good..

Don't cut them any lack!
fortdixlover

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:11 pm    Post subject: Re: SwiftVets Thanks Alot Reply with quote

ArogantMan wrote:

I am curious as to why the following searches:

http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&edition=us&ie=UTF-8&newsclusterurl=http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2004/08/06/veteran_retracts_criticism_of_kerry

or

http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&edition=us&ie=UTF-8&q=George+Elliott+&btnG=Search+News

brings up only a few citations as of 6 PM EST Friday. This generally means other news media are reluctant to carry the "story" and are in fact staying away from it, worldwide, like a hot potato.

Perhaps the Boston Globe reporter simply fabricated his story, as did the New York Times reporter in the Jason Blair scandal.

The latest news from SwiftVets supports this.

Of course, the "Conventional Media" is also suppressing the affadavit of George Elliott ( http://humaneventsonline.com.edgesuite.net/unfit_aff.html ) in response to the Boston Globe article.

Even the search http://news.google.com/news?q=affadavit%20george%20elliott&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&safe=off&sa=N&tab=wn brings up NOTHING.

Soldier, the "News Media" of this country has an agenda, and as in the 1960's and 1970's when they made returning Vietnam Vet's lives a living hell, it isn't exactly Vietnam-Vet friendly.

FDL

Last edited by fortdixlover on Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:28 pm; edited 3 times in total
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's possible that George Elliott's refutation hit the wire so soon after Kranish's article that Kranish was dead in the water.

AFter Elliott's refutation, then the story was about KRANISH being a campaign-paid writer. Wink

That's two major PR bungles in 24 hours. No wonder we're seeing an influx of people who object to SBVFT.... desperation, anyone? Question
fortdixlover

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
It's possible that George Elliott's refutation hit the wire so soon after Kranish's article that Kranish was dead in the water.

AFter Elliott's refutation, then the story was about KRANISH being a campaign-paid writer. Wink

That's two major PR bungles in 24 hours. No wonder we're seeing an influx of people who object to SBVFT.... desperation, anyone? Question

And how much, exactly, was Kranish PAID for his article?

Evil or Very Mad

FDL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: