SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Radio Host Calls Rice an 'Aunt Jemima'
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
USAFE5
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:30 am    Post subject: Radio Host Calls Rice an 'Aunt Jemima' Reply with quote

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,139031,00.html

This is just unbelievable.
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
He said he was planning a giveaway on Friday's show of Aunt Jemima pancake mix and syrup. "I will apologize to Aunt Jemima," he said.

If he really believes that Dr. Rice is a "token" minority, well, okay that's his right (I guess). But, why hurt people's feelings over it? This guy is a racist jerk, pull the plug already. I can't wait until Rice is the president and can shove it all in their faces. Oh, hold on, she is already the most powerful woman in the world, how sweet it is.
USAFE5
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am amazed that any one could consider a person in a cabinet post in our government subservant.
lonevoice
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it had been ANY Conservative host, the MSM would have been all over it. Since the show's host was a Liberal,(and one past redemption, if you've ever heard the show, wow!) the media has given it a pass.

Go figure.

If it's not a baby, you're not pregnant.
-me
Ohio Voter
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: Radio Host Calls Rice an 'Aunt Jemima' Reply with quote

I am hating these leftist liberal elites more and more. Perhaps this will shake apart the crazies on the left from the main stream Democrats. Perhaps Kennedy, Kerry, Edwards, Sharpton, Jackson and all the bombastic race baiters for a vote will be put back in their box. [I can dream can't I] As far as I am concerned they are not serving the US they are dividing us. Perhaps the democrat voting black community will take a look at whom they serve blindly our of fear, and vote in line with their values and their mind, like many did in this election. Perhaps the reign of the McGovern liberals in the house and senate is over. One can only pray it is so.

Jim Crow is still alive and well in the democrats.

USAFE5 wrote:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,139031,00.html

This is just unbelievable.
srmorton
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohio Voter, thank God for your state, especially on November 2!
My brother-in-law was originally from Ohio. They must have good
cooks there because he is the best. He served 33 years in the USMC,
over two years of which were in Vietnam (IOW, two REAL tours).
He was such a good mess sargeant that he was selected to cook for
the general while he was in Vietnam.

As far as these racist comments, I agree with Rush. The libs have
managed to hide their true feelings about black people to keep them
"on the plantation" and voting for Democratic candidates. When
conservative black men were installed in powerful positions, they
labeled them "Uncle Toms" (except for Colin Powell because they
knew that nobody would believe that in his case). In their twisted
logic, that makes Condi "Aunt Jemima". Now, they can not seem to
help it and have thrown caution to the winds. They are making total
spectacles of themselves and it is not lost on many of the blacks who
have supported them in the past. They are beginning to "see the light"
and the Dems will pay for it at the ballot box.
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incredible. That's the difference between the Libs and the rest of us - we understand respect. Saying something like that on the radio is about as stupid as Bill Mohr's praise of the 9/11 hijackers' courage. But even with that there wasn't enough outrage - he did eventually lose his job, but he's back on tv again.
wwIIvetsdaughter
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, lets see, soon to be Secretary Rice is 4th in line for the Presidency (a possibility that is all to real in post 9/11 America) and this idiot claims she's "subservient"? He's one pancake short of a stack. Twisted Evil
scotty61
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Notice how the NAACP was quick to denounce this as overt racism at it's worst? Actually, notice that the NAACP hasn't bothered say anything at all. And they could not understand why Pres. Bush declined to address their convention. Go figure.
MSeeger
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you suppose this lack of response by the NAACP will be noticed by those in the Black community four years from now when the next presidential elections come out?

Gosh, I sure hope so....it would be sweet to see the formerly honorable Democratic party lose by a landslide.

Maria
Ohio Voter
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't find the other cartoons that are racist against Rice that were shown on Fox news. One showed Rice as a parrot of president Bush. It was not a flattering characture and exaggerated her hair and facial features. Another depicted her in a posture of an not so intelligent little black girl with pigtails in a rocking chair holding an aluminum rod like a baby and using dialogue that was stereotypical black slang. [something like "I don't knows nutin' bout aluminum rods."] Still another showed Bush calling Rice his "brown sugar." I am just furious at the disrespect and down right racial put down the left is unleashing on her. She is a brilliant black woman who has achieved the 4th highest position in the US government. That makes her probably the most powerful woman in the world. Now if I thought race matterd at all I would say one of their own has arrived and they should be celebrating. But then I don't care one snit about a persons skin color, it is what is inside and what comes out of the person that matters to me. I am still fuming. <ggrrrrrr>

MSeeger wrote:
Do you suppose this lack of response by the NAACP will be noticed by those in the Black community four years from now when the next presidential elections come out?

Gosh, I sure hope so....it would be sweet to see the formerly honorable Democratic party lose by a landslide.

Maria
Lexy
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The disgraceful way the MSM has remarked about Dr Rice is shocking... not even the Black so called media is supporting her, and just remark like Harry Belafonte did that she is an "Aunt Jamima" and Colin Powell is an "Uncle Tom" ..The filthy cartoonists drawing the racist ugly cartoons about her... I truly dont understand how any american, black or white can stand by and let this pass without being outraged....

hugz
Lexy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lexy wrote:
The disgraceful way the MSM has remarked about Dr Rice is shocking... not even the Black so called media is supporting her, and just remark like Harry Belafonte did that she is an "Aunt Jamima" and Colin Powell is an "Uncle Tom" ..The filthy cartoonists drawing the racist ugly cartoons about her... I truly dont understand how any american, black or white can stand by and let this pass without being outraged....

hugz
Lexy

Absolutely right. This is dispicable in our day and age. It should not be tolerated. It only proves just how racially ignorant and prejudice some folks are.....still. This is really very sad. Sad
GIaunt
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it appalling that our media has sunk so low... Here is a smart, well educated, experienced, well-spoken, gutsy person who has served as the National Security Advisor for some of the darkest days of our lifetime -- and the media MOCKS her appt to the cabinet....

Crying or Very sad Mad

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG...I just heard it all now on Fox....they had some "Bimbo", I do not even know the "witches" name....some snoby brat to say the least.....ANYHOW.....whew...let me calm down a bit. Okay.

This person/woman said that she believed that eveyone has the right to express themselves according to the first ammendment.....ok...no prob w/that....BUT.....when she was asked what about the derogatory reference....that B**** says," yes I believe you have the right to say what you want even if it is inflamitory".....REALLY?

Well, excuse me. But the last time I checked calling any person of color an "Aunt Jamima" was racist and prejiduced. What a sick witch!!!!!Twisted Evil

Sorry guys and gals...guess you already figured out I am peeved. Ok.........her name Leslie Marshall......was on Hannity and Colmes and Colmes believe it or not is all over her....he said he wanted no part of that or other disrespectful remarks of that nature.......sorry....when I am upset sometimes I forget everything :::Sad((LOL)))::::
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: