SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

US Government Scared of New Administration
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 4:44 am    Post subject: US Government Scared of New Administration Reply with quote

It is happening already. The new CIA Director is kicking butt all over Langley. The liberal spooks are crapping in their pants and punching out fast. The field spooks would tell you their support was near zero from the home office.

Powell was a nice guy at State and well liked by the staff to a fault. State is next on the list to be cleaned out and Bush has handed Condi Rice a big broom to make sweeping changes in our approach to foreign policy and ensuring we speak as a Nation with one voice. She is the right woman, at the right time and in the right place.

Homeland Security is this monster of a creation and such a hodgepodge of agencies that it has breakdowns everyday of one kind or another. Whoever Bush appoints to this agency will have the juice to streamline management and eliminate cross-functional areas. Look for old agencies as they were known to go away and mergers or reallocations of tasks are the rule of the day. A blind man can see the issues here.

Cutting government overhead will be a priority and reducing levels of management a benchmark, for success. This will allow more funds to get out to “where the rubber meets the road” and empower lower level managers to make decisions closer to the problem.

You want to get the deficit cut by half in five years, you need to cut at least one third of civil service management right off the top tiers. The Empires built within government agencies over the years need to overthrown and reorganized for efficiency.

A second term President doesn’t care if everybody likes him or not, just that he gets it right before he leaves.

Independent that leans right of center.

Last edited by PhantomSgt on Sun Nov 21, 2004 8:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Digger
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spot on Phantom SGT Semper Fi UUURRAAH Very Happy

Sgt. Maj. Seamus D.D. MacNemi R.M.C. Ret.
scotty61
LCDR

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And this is what Mikey Moore calls a "lame duck" president. I hope MM is living on anti-acid pills. BTW did anyone see the claim that the new super big burger at Hardee's is Karl Rove's secret plan to get rid of MM?
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scotty61 wrote:
And this is what Mikey Moore calls a "lame duck" president. I hope MM is living on anti-acid pills. BTW did anyone see the claim that the new super big burger at Hardee's is Karl Rove's secret plan to get rid of MM?

Hey don't underestimate Mikey Mouse. He could polish off three of those in one sitting with two large shakes and a jumbo fry. BUUUURRRRPPPPP

Mother
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little more blue-on-blue for y o u.
Lame duck President???
Can't help myself, here. Forgive me.
Lame duck my ass.

On the "flip" side,
here's our limp d!@k prez.

CLINTON COMES UNGLUED
“A paranoid-sounding Bill Clinton threatened ABC News anchorman Peter
Jennings in an interview broadcast Thursday night, in a bizarre rant
about his impeachment that laid bare the ex-president's persecution
complex. ‘You don't want to go here, Peter,’ Clinton warned, after Jennings told him that historians ranked him second to last of all presidents in terms of moral authority. Squinting his eyes, an angry Clinton seethed, ‘You don't want to go here. Not after what you people did. And the way you - your network - what you did with Kenneth Starr. The way your people repeated every little sleazy thing he did. No one has any idea of what that's like.’"
- NewsMax.com, 11/19/04

KING OF PARSE
In an interview with ABC News Clinton is quoted as having said he
never ‘lied to the American people about my job.’ The man is a parsing
genius. Extra Credit Assignment: Pick a word -- describing the movement of air -- which, if inserted between ‘my’ and ‘job,’ renders Mr.
Clinton's statement wholly inaccurate.”
- Rich Galen’s “Mullings,” 11/19/04

FACTS IS FACTS
“The reality is, Mr. Clinton’s self-serving spin to the contrary,
myriad errors of omission and commission by his administration weakened this country’s response to the al Qaeda threat and made the horror of September 11 much more likely.”
- Washington Times editorial, 11/19/04
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's about time the Clintonoid hacks were cleaned out. They have created enough havoc.
scotty61
LCDR

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard one ex-CIA guy being interviewed and his feeling was that some people in the CIA forgot that they serve the President and felt that they "OWNED" their jobs. They are about to be informed of how wrong they were.
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scotty61 wrote:
I heard one ex-CIA guy being interviewed and his feeling was that some people in the CIA forgot that they serve the President and felt that they "OWNED" their jobs. They are about to be informed of how wrong they were.

It's worse than that. Some think they are entitled to the job and treat their public or outsiders as interlopers, forgetting who it is that pays their salaries.
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 6:24 pm    Post subject: Own Agenda Reply with quote

The Government Agency Potentates have created jobs without jobs (more people supervised higher their pay grade rating is), created regulations without purpose (to solidify/secure their position), isolated themselves from blame for poor performance (put layers of management between them and the core process) and worst of all followed their own agendas and not the Administration’s (President’s).

How many times have you heard the term “unnamed inside source” contained in a reporter’s story of a leak from an agency? This is an employee following his or her own agenda. Why does the press have information from the Pentagon before the Secretary of Defense does? Someone has his or her own agenda.

With the flurry of leaks prior to the election these people were trying to “shape” the election in favor of Kerry. Why do you ask? Democrats like Big Government and seldom hold anyone accountable for poor performance, creating more opportunities for those with their own agenda.

This is what I was writing about in my first post when I wrote Empires. The ship of state is so top heavy, the hull is facing the sky and the bridge is in the water.

Mother
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll tell you what. There isn't a group of people I love any more than this group. Where've you been all my life, guys?

Do you have any idea how much I need you?

You keep me propped up, dust me off, and stand me up straight every moment. Thanks.
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 7:18 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Mother wrote:
I'll tell you what. There isn't a group of people I love any more than this group. Where've you been all my life, guys?

Do you have any idea how much I need you?

You keep me propped up, dust me off, and stand me up straight every moment. Thanks.

Thanks Mother for the kind words. I love this site too as it gives me a chance to speak my mind about issues that have been bothering me. Venting is good for everyone.

After serving in government in one capacity or another for over 30 years, I find myself frustrated by the inefficiency and waste I see in our government. Just remember each time the Democrats have the lead government grows and efficiency drops off, it is a fact of history.

Inatizzy
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad Bush is just bold enough to do some major housecleaning in the government.

I'ts just KILLING the Dems and liberal howlers that he's acting so "arrogant" and taking control. Heheheheh. I hope they just sit back and watch how a Texan cleans all the old manure out of the barn.

You roll up your sleeves, pull on your boots, hitch up your belt, grab a big shovel and START TOSSING.

.....of course the manure doesn't like it one bit. Wink
USAFE5
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scotty61 wrote:

you should read this

http://www.stormkingpress.com/EmergencyRepair.htm
and
http://www.stormkingpress.com/CIAOffense.htm
by Herbert E. Meyer
Quote:
During the Reagan Administration, Herbert E. Meyer served as Special Assistant to the Director of Central Intelligence and Vice Chairman of the CIA’s National Intelligence Council. In these positions, he managed production of the U.S. National Intelligence Estimates and other top-secret projections for the President and his senior National Security advisers

PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 7:21 am    Post subject: Not only Democrats Reply with quote

Inatizzy wrote:
I'm glad Bush is just bold enough to do some major housecleaning in the government.

I'ts just KILLING the Dems and liberal howlers that he's acting so "arrogant" and taking control. Heheheheh. I hope they just sit back and watch how a Texan cleans all the old manure out of the barn.

You roll up your sleeves, pull on your boots, hitch up your belt, grab a big shovel and START TOSSING.

.....of course the manure doesn't like it one bit. Wink

Not only Democrats are wondering what will happen there is a whole slew of Bureaucrats shaking in their boots (err RockPorts) also. Four years to cut the deficit in half is a bold plan by the President.

PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

USAFE5 wrote:
scotty61 wrote:

you should read this

http://www.stormkingpress.com/EmergencyRepair.htm
and
http://www.stormkingpress.com/CIAOffense.htm
by Herbert E. Meyer
Quote:
During the Reagan Administration, Herbert E. Meyer served as Special Assistant to the Director of Central Intelligence and Vice Chairman of the CIA’s National Intelligence Council. In these positions, he managed production of the U.S. National Intelligence Estimates and other top-secret projections for the President and his senior National Security advisers

Great stuff it confirms much of what I have been saying all along about the Home Office.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: