SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Declaration of Independence Banned at Calif School

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:53 pm    Post subject: Declaration of Independence Banned at Calif School Reply with quote

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - A California teacher has been barred by his school from giving students documents from American history that refer to God -- including the Declaration of Independence....

http://www.reuters.com/printerFriendlyPopup.jhtml?type=topNews&storyID=6911883

What liberal barking moonbat would ban one of our fundamental documents establishing our right to be free just because it contains a reference to the religious convictions of our founding fathers?

This is just wrong !!!!!
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:47 pm    Post subject: California Liberals Reply with quote

That is why I am not teaching any longer. I taught in California for five years after I retired from the military and was well known as the lone conservative drowning in a sea of liberals around the High School.

The staff members often critiqued me for being too hard on my students; yet I had a higher percentage of students going on to higher education. I felt this was a mark of success for poor Hispanic students from the projects and worked for academy appointments, grants or scholarships to give them a step up.

At the last staff meeting I attended, I stood up and talked about enforcing discipline in the classroom and was actually booed, by my so-called peers. I then stated that it appears that the inmates are running the asylum and we had better get a handle on it soon. One faculty member said I hated children. I told her they stopped being children after they committed their first felony.

So after two suicides, four drive by shootings, five rapes, numerous assaults, weapons violations and a bomb in the Vice Principal’s office detonated by the LAPD Bomb Squad during my tenure; I decided to call it quits. Civil Service is a much safer occupation even with an assignment to Iraq.

Independent that leans right of center.
DaveL
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was brought up knowing that our country's origin and its wonderful moral compass were founded by men with an undeniable belief in God, and whom established a Rule of Law built upon God's Commandments. It is central to what set us apart from brutal and godless Communism! I was also taught, and still believe it is one of the great achievements of the Founding Fathers, that the then largely unique "Separation of Church and State" meant that we were all free to worship any church denomination we might choose, and that no official religion of the United States would ever be established. None of this ill conceived and dangerous anti-God PC crap can alter the fact that we are, and always have been, "One Nation Under God", and for that, I will continue to thank God.

This rewriting of American history and denying this truth to our students is no different than denying the holocaust, or the gulags, or Sadam's mass graves!
noc
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is very hard to be a Christian here in California. God help us.
Mother
Former Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am posting this thread so I can keep this discussion connected.
http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=17511
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: