SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Last to know.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mother
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 10:45 pm    Post subject: Last to know. Reply with quote

I found this while checking his website. Why am I getting more current information from Michael Moore than Swift Vets? Why aren't we being kept up to date?

http://www.michaelmoore.com/mustread/index.php
http://theonion.com/news/index.php?issue=4047
SWIFT BOAT VETERANS STILL HOUNDING KERRY
BOSTON—Swift Boat Veterans For Truth, a group that gained national prominence in the months before the 2004 election, announced Monday that it will continue its campaign "to set the record straight about John Kerry."

Above: "Crossing The Line," an ad which claims Kerry wore street shoes on the lanes at a local bowling alley.
"We've made great progress in spreading the truth about John Kerry's treasonous past, but our job isn't over just because he lost the presidency," said John O'Neill, founding member of the Swift Vets and author of Unfit For The Community, a new book arguing that Kerry's Vietnam service record indicates that he would make a dangerous neighbor. "John Kerry is a threat to every American he comes in contact with, whether he's running for president, getting his oil changed, or going to a movie with his wife."

Although many expected the Swift Vets' campaign to end when Bush was re-elected, a spokesman for the group said its efforts have only begun.

"Just because that lying, cheating, opportunistic fraud from Massachusetts happened to be the Democratic presidential nominee, people assumed our efforts were politically motivated," said retired Rear Adm. Roy Hoffman, chairman of Swift Boat Veterans For Truth. "Well, Kerry's loss to George W. Bush does not undo the deeds of his youth."

Hoffman added: "We humble servants of truth will not stop until citizens are throwing garbage at John Kerry when they see him at the park."

At the center of the group's efforts is a $1.8 million television ad campaign that includes spots questioning Kerry's ability to make quick decisions in a fast-food line, leave adequate distance between his car and the next in heavy traffic, and take proper care of his lawn. The ads have run in heavy rotation throughout the Boston area since Kerry gave his concession speech Nov. 3, and local television affiliates confirmed that the group has purchased airtime through the summer of 2005.

In one ad, titled "Anything At All," former Navy gunner Andrew Elder addresses the camera while sitting in front of black-and-white, Vietnam-era photos of Kerry.

"John Kerry is a ruthless man who will do anything to get ahead," Elder says. "If he was willing to betray America to our Vietnamese enemies, can he really be trusted to sell you cookies at his church bake sale?"

Another ad, called "The Cheat," features first-hand testimony from Retired U.S. Navy Cpt. Charles Plumly.

"With my own eyes, I witnessed John Kerry cheating at poker," Plumly says in the ad. "If he's willing to cheat at card games in a war zone, what might he do while playing badminton at his next-door neighbor's barbecue?"

A third ad, called "War Criminal," uses silent video footage of a younger Kerry testifying before Congress, interspersed with recent footage of the senator waving to a crowd as he exits an airplane.

Above: A Swift Boat Veterans For Truth ad questions Kerry's coffee-purchase record.
"Mr. Kerry accused his fellow soldiers in Vietnam of war crimes," a narrator says in the ad. "He claimed they cut off ears and heads, raped women, and killed young children. What lies might he make up about you if you happen to be seated next to him on an airplane?"

Although some viewers have criticized the Swift Boat ads as character assassination, many Americans said the organization has raised valid questions about Kerry's character.

"The vigilance and determination of groups like the Swift Boat Veterans For Truth are the only things that can protect us from the devious, traitorous tendencies that John Kerry demonstrated 35 years ago in the jungles of Vietnam," said Colin O'Flannery, a Massachusetts circuit-court judge. "If they stop now, just because George Bush won his reelection bid, Kerry will continue to threaten the sanctity of America well into his retirement."

Added O'Flannery: "That man is out there on the street washing his car every Sunday. Everyone near the Kerry home ought to know what kind of pathological monster they're dealing with."

Retired USMC Lt. Col. James Zumwalt also appears in the "War Criminal" ad.

"John Kerry returned home from Vietnam and made outrageous statements and allegations about those who had fought with honor in that conflict," Zumwalt says in the ad. "Then he made his four-month combat tour in Vietnam the centerpiece of his bid for the presidency. Our nation's libraries need to think twice before granting this turncoat a library card. What's to say he won't suddenly change his mind about returning his books?"

Kerry has not yet responded to the ads, but several former campaign aides said they expect him to issue a statement disputing the attacks before the end of next year.
Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have read the authors of 'Unfit For Comand' are pressing the issue of who is telling the truth and who is not by launching a class action suit against Kerry for saying the book is full of 'Lies'.

As to this report I find it hard to believe Adm. Hoffman would use this particular diction:

Quote:
citizens are throwing garbage at John Kerry when they see him at the park.

I just found the report I mentioned in my email trash can, the source is News max 'insider report' the only way I can see to access it is thru being on the mailing list.

Here's what it says:

Quote:
1. 'Unfit for Command' Author Considers Challenging Kerry in Senate Race

John Kerry's nightmarish challenge by his Swift Boat veterans and their allies may not be over.

NewsMax recently chatted with Jerry Corsi, the co-author with Swiftee John O'Neill of "Unfit for Command" - the runaway New York Times best seller that torpedoed Kerry's presidential campaign.

Attending a conference in the suburbs of Washington recently, Corsi let it be known that he is actively considering a run against Sen. Kerry when his term is up.

Corsi is not a Massachusetts native, but says he has already scouted for property to declare his residence there.

He appeared excited about the challenge. Federal law allows him to declare his candidacy at any time and open up a full fusillade against the Senate's most liberal member.

Corsi thinks his criticisms of Kerry will be well received in the state that elected Republican Mitt Romney. Even Bush fared better in Massachusetts in 2004 against its home state candidate than he did against Gore in 2000.

Corsi also notes that his Italian-Irish ancestry will give him an edge in a state given to ethnic voting. Kerry is neither Irish nor Italian, Corsi notes.

As word has circulated about a possible candidacy, Corsi says he has been flooded with e-mails of support.

Corsi said he has read news reports that Kerry is considering a lawsuit against him, O'Neill and the Swift Boat Vets.

Presumably the suit would be for defamation. The New York Post's Page Six quoted a top aide to Kerry saying the senator would need to file such a suit if he has any prayer of making a presidential bid in 2008. Incredibly, Kerry is said to be considering such a run.

Corsi said he and O'Neill have discussed the possibility of the lawsuit, and both said they might offer to pay Kerry for the FedEx charges to serve them with any court papers.

"Quote me: Bring it on!" Corsi said with a chuckle.
Mooncusser
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a satirical article, not serious at all. Laughing

I actually won the election before I lost it.

"It is a good day to fight! It is a good day to die! Strong hearts, brave hearts to the front! Weak hearts and cowards to the rear!" (Crazy Horse)
Tacan70UDN
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please be aware that The Onion is satirical in nature.

http://theonion.com/onion_help/faq.php?topic_id=11

Quote:
The Onion is a satirical weekly publication published 52 times a year on Thursdays.

Quote:
The Onion uses invented names in all its stories, except in cases where public figures are being satirized. Any other use of real names is accidental and coincidental.

The Michael Moore index site links to The Onion.
MSeeger
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Makes me wonder how many people believe this as fact. The other thing that it makes me wonder is...who has been reading this forum?

Maria
Mother
Former Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And there you have it. Any reader from MM's site is taken straight to the article, which would be easily believable as fact.

I check his site periodically and others like him. I suppose others check this site.
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know anything about the "Onion" ,but just reading some of the alleged quotes of well-known Swiftvets, I would have bet this article was bogus.

Anything read or referred to on the Michael Moore website should be treated with a large dose of skepticism. We can't help the fools that actually believe everything they read there.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mother wrote:
And there you have it. Any reader from MM's site is taken straight to the article, which would be easily believable as fact.

I check his site periodically and others like him. I suppose others check this site.

I'm betting most of us 'don't check him ever'! and as to 'easily believable' I'm hoping by now most of his cult followers have realized they've 'been had'. Those still following the mor'on are what's known in the industry as 'rubes'. They're necessary, otherwise carnivals wouldn't do well at all! I do like the Book title, tho' "Unfit for a Village" mighta been more noticeable.

another link offers a more even keeled presentation...
http://www.newshounds.us/2004/11/28/smear_boat_liars_update.php
enjoy,
BT
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pick up a copy of the Onion every chance I get...
It has the most outrageous parodies available, and is usually better than the alien stories in the supermarket checkout lines.

It provides me common ground to laugh with the college students, instead of at them.
Snipe
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jwb7605 wrote:
I pick up a copy of the Onion every chance I get...
It has the most outrageous parodies available, and is usually better than the alien stories in the supermarket checkout lines.

HEY! Whoa there! The Weekly World News had the Alien firmly
predicting Bush to WIN! Well, it's this issue and after nearly a
month since the election, even Bat Boy could probably predict a
Bush win.

Very Happy
Mother
Former Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce. There's that little phrase "know your enemy". I hope most of you would check MM as much as you might check newshounds.us unless allowing folks like John Kerry and Michael Moore to go unchecked for another thirty years is all we've learned to date. The fodder in the posts following the newshounds piece should be evidence enough that his "cult followers" haven't realized they've been had. Yes, they are rubes. But ignorance is quite dangerous, and it abounds out there in blue-land. As I've said before on this site we must be aware of the generation of youth who believe every word spewed from the lips of these folks. And again, to ignore what is being bred and fed is to invite another thirty years of pain.

Only a fool makes the same mistake twice. To allow the perpetuation of misinformation------ again ---------is nuts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: