SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Essential Bill Clinton

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:41 am    Post subject: The Essential Bill Clinton Reply with quote

The Weekly Standard writer, Matt Labash, was sentenced to attend the week-long festivities in Little Rock leading up to the great Clinton Library opening. He has produced a hilarious account of the week, called "Clintonmania", for the Standard and it can be read here:

http://weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/004/969mluci.asp

It's too long to paste in here, but here's a sample:

"I wanted to take all my meals at Doe's Eat Place, Clinton's famous roadhouse-meets-steakhouse hangout, where the manager told me Clinton used to pop into the kitchen and snatch handfuls of fries right out of the fryer basket. But then, my hotel was next-door to his regular McDonald's, which boasted "The McRib is back!" in honor of the special week. Like millions of other Americans, I wanted to see Clinton's New Balance jogging shoes and the actual pair of shades he wore while blowing sax on Arsenio Hall, both of which are on display at the Old Statehouse. But then, the same actual sunglasses are purportedly on display at his new library. (Perhaps one pair was a stunt double.)"

Enjoy.

Schadow
commdog
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No offense Schadow, but I think the title of this thread is an oxymoron.
/CD
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

commdog wrote:
No offense Schadow, but I think the title of this thread is an oxymoron.
/CD

Intentionally so. Very Happy

Schadow
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: