SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"FLAGS OF OUR FATHERS" TO BE MADE INTO A MOVIE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wwIIvetsdaughter
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:09 am    Post subject: "FLAGS OF OUR FATHERS" TO BE MADE INTO A MOVIE Reply with quote

FYI, "Flags of Our Fathers" a great book by James Bradley is being made into a feature film set for release in July of 2006. Clint Eastwood is directing. Bradley wrote the book after he discovered his father was one of the men pictured in the famous photo of the raising of the flag on Mt. Suribachi on the island of Iwo Jima. I read the book and learned a great deal about it. I am particularly looking forward to the movie because one of the flag raisers (the man planting the base) was Harlon Block, a local boy from Weslaco, Texas. Initially, Harlon was misidentified until another man in the photo, Ira Hayes (first from the left), a Pima Indian stepped forward in 1946 to set the record straight. I just hope "political correctness" won't work itself into the screenplay. I don't think Eastwood is part of the Hollywood lefty, blame America first crowd.
USAFE5
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Clint is one of the lefties. He's been around Hollywood a long time though so we may have to wonder until we see the film.

I still like the Sands of Iwo Jima. The Duke in combat. Even though he couldn't enlist he did his share of supporting back here.
P. Aaron
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I got to say is:

"Don't screw it up!"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: