SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What Are Your Ideas For Controlling the Borders?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:03 pm    Post subject: What Are Your Ideas For Controlling the Borders? Reply with quote

We now have over three million illegal aliens living within our borders. Who are they? We don’t know. What is their background? Again we don’t know. Do they mean us harm? We have no Clue. Do we know where they are? NO!

Some of the things we do know are; that illegal aliens are a tremendous drain on our public education funds, law enforcement/incarceration agencies, welfare systems and public healthcare funds. MONEY out of the economy each year as it costs the Border States tens of Billions of their citizens tax dollars each year.

Illegal contraband including drugs, have regular shipping schedules across the long border with Mexico and the drug and human traffickers overwhelm our agents.

The other little mentioned group of illegal aliens are those that overstay legitimate tourist, work, or student visas. So what about this group, do we know how many are in this category? Yes we know how many visas we issue and to whom. The numbers are staggering. Do we know who they are? Yes. Do we know where they are? No, they could be living right next door to you. We don’t track movements of these folks and depend on them to report their location. Right, I’m sure all these visa holders who overstay their visit are reporting their location. This is the fallacy of the system in place.

I have to agree with the President on principle with his proposal for a “Guest Worker Visa”, but disagree this will do anything to greatly reduce the numbers illegally in the country or assist in controlling our borders. The criminals, drug dealers and other human traffickers will still exploit our porous borders. Everyone is aware of the problem yet few solutions are raised. Some like Bill O’Reilly have proposed militarizing the border. This sounds good on the face of it, yet I know we don’t have the forces or National will to make this happen. Our military is trained to attack with overwhelming force and kill the enemy, plain and simple. A strong deterrent from crossing the border, but the thought of Mexican bodies piled up along the border and internment camps for those captured, is not something Americans would appreciate or support. If you think we have problems with the Peaceniks now, God help us all if we turn the military loose on the border.

So my fellow Forum Members let’s use this posting to come up with some solutions on what we need to do to fix the problem. I have my own ideas, yet I would rather hear your thoughts. After we let this post season for awhile I would like to forward it to the new Director of Homeland Security after they are appointed. Who knows? Someone here may have an answer to the problem they hadn’t thought of.

Mad

Independent that leans right of center.
RogerRabbit
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if we popped a couple hundred every night for a while, the others would soon be very hesitant about trying to climb the fence.

But then, that would not be politcally correct would it
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 1:43 am    Post subject: Open Season on Illegals Reply with quote

RogerRabbit wrote:
I think if we popped a couple hundred every night for a while, the others would soon be very hesitant about trying to climb the fence.

But then, that would not be politcally correct would it

Well.........it would be effective at first until the body count climbed.

I was thinking more along the lines of a Wall with sensors like Israel and the Spainish are erecting to prevent illegal incursions. The initial outlay for such a project would be enourmous, but it would pay off in the long run.

Another thought I had was a bounty on the head of illegal immigrants who were turned in "alive" to processing stations. We are always looking for ways to put Veterans to work and setting these guys up in business would be a good thing. Why hire more Border Patrol agents when you can contract freelancers and give them the power to arrest and detain. Outsourcing is smart business. Very Happy

tony54
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We could offer their young men and women a job with the US Armed Forces; five years in the Armed Forces and they could qualify to become American Citizens, they would also have to learn the language and have no criminal record.
Plus in those five years they would be drawing a salary.
If they were willing to fight and possibly die for our country I'd welcome them to America.

And it would possibly eliminate a good portion of the border problem
and our Armed Forces could use some relief.
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tony54 wrote:
We could offer their young men and women a job with the US Armed Forces; five years in the Armed Forces and they could qualify to become American Citizens, they would also have to learn the language and have no criminal record.
Plus in those five years they would be drawing a salary.
If they were willing to fight and possibly die for our country I'd welcome them to America.

And it would possibly eliminate a good portion of the border problem
and our Armed Forces could use some relief.

Actually this program already exists in the Armed Forces. Many young men and women take advantage of enlisting from overseas or after they enter the US on another type of visa.

tony54
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't know that, thanks for the input!
wwIIvetsdaughter
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Living along the border, I know this is a very complicated problem. "One" solution I don't think can cut it, ie militarizing the border. No where else on Earth does such a rich, powerful, prosperous, free nation border a not so rich, powerful, prosperous, free nation. To expect to ever prevent illegal immigaration 100% is impossible, its like expecting to prevent murder 100%, nevertheless, we should try. I think we should:

Change the US law that specifies that any person born in the United States is atomatically a US citizen. This would have many ramifications: 1) Mexicans (we know Canadians and most everyone else isn't interested in this) would know they could not just drop in to a US border hospital with the baby already crowning and have a US citizen to claim status, medicaid, welfare, etc. in a matter of hours. 2) doctors/hospitals would greatly reduce the drain on their budgets (these people don't pay their bills) and liability insurance (they sure as he** know how to sue if their precious US citizen to be isn't 100% perfect). 3) Illegals already in country would also know popping out a US citizen in the interior of the US would save them from the possiblity of being extradited if discovered.
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to take Canada and Mexico and assimilate them into our United States. Look at a map the southern point of mexico will be easy to wall and as for the oceans? We need an enlarged surface fleet to handle that. It is time for America to get a bit imperialistic. Mexico and Canada cannot be counted on to watch their borders and ours is too large. Besides we will be liberating millions of people from corrupted despotic governments.
Chuck Z Ombie AC2000
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought a national moat would work, say 300 yards wide spanning from the pacific to the gulf of mexico. use the dirt from the dig to make each side high like a cliff and then add a fence in the middle of the moat. this way border patrol can zoom back and forth the current will kill the people trying to swim across and the fence barrier in the middle will prevent boats from paddling across. This wont stop border crossings 100% but it will slow it down a whole lot.

Last edited by Chuck Z Ombie AC2000 on Sat Nov 27, 2004 6:32 am; edited 1 time in total
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwIIvetsdaughter wrote:
Living along the border, I know this is a very complicated problem. "One" solution I don't think can cut it, ie militarizing the border. No where else on Earth does such a rich, powerful, prosperous, free nation border a not so rich, powerful, prosperous, free nation. To expect to ever prevent illegal immigaration 100% is impossible, its like expecting to prevent murder 100%, nevertheless, we should try. I think we should:

Change the US law that specifies that any person born in the United States is atomatically a US citizen. This would have many ramifications: 1) Mexicans (we know Canadians and most everyone else isn't interested in this) would know they could not just drop in to a US border hospital with the baby already crowning and have a US citizen to claim status, medicaid, welfare, etc. in a matter of hours. 2) doctors/hospitals would greatly reduce the drain on their budgets (these people don't pay their bills) and liability insurance (they sure as he** know how to sue if their precious US citizen to be isn't 100% perfect). 3) Illegals already in country would also know popping out a US citizen in the interior of the US would save them from the possiblity of being extradited if discovered.

Now this makes sense. If your parent/s are legally residing in the US you are granted citizenship by birth, if not; forget about it. Smile

PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GenrXr wrote:
We need to take Canada and Mexico and assimilate them into our United States. Look at a map the southern point of mexico will be easy to wall and as for the oceans? We need an enlarged surface fleet to handle that. It is time for America to get a bit imperialistic. Mexico and Canada cannot be counted on to watch their borders and ours is too large. Besides we will be liberating millions of people from corrupted despotic governments.

I don't see this one happening as Mexicans want to be Mexicans, Canadians want to be Canadians and of course Americans want to be Americans. Smile

PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 6:14 am    Post subject: Maybe Reply with quote

Chuck Z Ombie AC2000 wrote:
I thought a national moat would work, say 300 years wide spanning from the pacific to the gulf of mexico. use the dirt from the dig to make each side high like a cliff and then add a fence in the middle of the moat. this way border patrol can zoom back and forth the current will kill the people trying to swim across and the fence barrier in the middle will prevent boats from paddling across. This wont stop border crossings 100% but it will slow it down a whole lot.

Now this suggestion has some possibilities. The Mexican government will raise a stink if we start this project and will not cooperate at all since they stand to lose billions in foreign worker deposits on their side of the river.

Truth be known we support most of the economies of this hemisphere and get very little in return. Mad

GenrXr

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing short of land conquest will save us. It is what is necessary and trust me our military understands this as well as the politicians.
GenrXr

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhantomSgt wrote:
GenrXr wrote:

I don't see this one happening as Mexicans want to be Mexicans, Canadians want to be Canadians and of course Americans want to be Americans. Smile

Hmm, no actually everyone in the world wants to be americans and live the road paved with gold of opportunity. That is unless you are a communist sympathizer. Face it, America is the world and best we wake up and realize it or lose it. As in Star Trek we are the Federation or if you like Star Wars we are the force!
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 9:09 am    Post subject: I Disagree Reply with quote

GenrXr wrote:
Nothing short of land conquest will save us. It is what is necessary and trust me our military understands this as well as the politicians.

History has shown expansionism failing time and again due to numerous limiting factors.
There are solutions other than taking on the burdens of Mexico and all that entails. Believe me we don’t want to open that can of worms.

Canadians on the other hand do speak the same language (in most provinces) yet they are tied by history and tradition to the British Commonwealth and the Queen’s picture is prominently displayed in every government building. If we move on Canada we now have NATO on the other side of the fight. Remember an attack against one, is an attack against all.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: