SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Blackwell Won't Cooperate--Ohio Vote Challenge

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 5:13 am    Post subject: Blackwell Won't Cooperate--Ohio Vote Challenge Reply with quote

Gotta love Kenneth Blackwell!
He refuses to participate in the Hi-jinx of Rev. Jesse Hijack-son.

http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/wire/sns-ap-ohio-vote-challenge,0,2328759.story?coll=sns-ap-nationworld-headlines

Ohio Official Refuses Interview Over Vote

By ANDREW WELSH-HUGGINS
AP Statehouse Correspondent

December 27, 2004, 9:38 PM EST

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- The secretary of state, who declared President Bush the official winner in Ohio, is seeking a court order to keep himself from being interviewed as part of a court challenge of the Nov. 2 vote.

Secretary of State Kenneth Blackwell claims his deposition is not required, and accused 37 voters challenging the election of "frivolous conduct."

The court challenge cites irregularities including long lines, a shortage of voting machines in minority precincts and problems with computer equipment.

Bush defeated Sen. John Kerry by 119,000 votes, according to Blackwell's official count; Ohio's 20 electoral votes gave Bush the 270 he needed for victory.

Attorney General Jim Petro, representing Blackwell, said the voters "are not trying to actually contest the presidential election but are merely using this litigation to cast public doubt on the voting system of the State of Ohio without a shred of evidence."

On Dec. 21, officials learned lawyers for the voters planned to issue subpoenas to several high-ranking officials, including Blackwell, Bush and the president's political adviser, Karl Rove, according to Petro.

The state Supreme Court "should halt their ability to subpoena any person until such time as they make a good faith showing for the reason to take any deposition," Petro said in the court filing.
srmorton
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Along that same line, what do you all think about the Washington state
fiasco? I honestly don't know how the Dems keep getting away with
stuff like that. Of course, liberal Democrat judges were major players
in what took place there, just as they were in Florida 2000. It just
"gets" me when Democrats are allowed to bend the law at will. If
a Republican were to try anything like this (which I'm glad to say
is unlikely), they would be crucified in the press.

The silver lining may be that Rossi will be in a very strong position to
challenge Maria Cantwell in 2006. She has been a fairly ineffective
senator who content to march in stride with the obstructionist minority
in the Senate.
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

srmorton wrote:

in the Senate.

It never should have gone that far. Too many Republicans are gutless when confronted by Liberals. They will bend over and grab their ankles to be thought of as cooperative while the opposition sticks it to them. They need to get in the libs face and say no. Our ankle biters in the Senate like McCain, Lott and Collins are of no help. Granted the liberal judiciary is a problem, but it never should have got that far. Currently, our Senatorial Majority needs to be exercised to get the Presidents nominees in. If we take the Trent Lott route, we lose. If Rossi in fact loses it, he needs to get angry and fight hard. The liberals cheated and need to be confronted. As a local Phila. radio host said, "You can't go to a street fight wearing boxing gloves."
Fphamm
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

srmorton wrote:

in the Senate.

Well, in Ukrane County (King County), Washington, the Democratic party and canidate, can not, and will not recognize that they lost the main election, and the first recount, but they win the second inaccurate hand recount by 130, somehting is fishy here....

here is a good webiste to check out for more information...http://www.soundpolitics.com/

Unfortunatly, the communist, uh, democratic party is washington state is so corrupt, and the inner workings of the county government, especially in Ukrane county is so wrapped around the democratic parties little finger it sickening. I hope Rossi fights the long fight and drags this out, I think he should. And here's another one...They sent military absentees out late, and then said, hey, we can't accept these...(Lew might be more on top of this than I am. I'm to the point of bursting, so I've stopped following it on anything but (www.soundpolitics.com & www.kvi.com & www.ktth.com ) the only conservative media outlets that we have, that I know of.
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fast Eddy Rendell, the Mayor of PA, tried that with the Pa military Absetee ballots, but met with a huge response. Sen Santorum got after is butt and Eddy had to back down, sKerry still won the state barely with Phila in his pocket (the dead went primarily for sKerry. Unfortunately WA has Patty bin Murray in the Senate and that is no help. Vote early and often.
wwIIvetsdaughter
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard on Hannity that his theory is the Ohio mess is a calculated move by Skerry to throw some doubt into the election of W. and thereby whip Dems up into a frenzy for 2008. I say lettem try. Rabid, wild eyed radical Dems are part of the reason W. won (fly over country Americans are sensible folk) and more virulent, over the top hatred and venom will never win with the majority of Americans.
minnie presley
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 12:32 am    Post subject: election Reply with quote

I just sent an e-mail to gibson on fox, he had this whacky women on her name is sheila, and she is contesting the november elections saying they were rigged, I was so angry I told him, that he and msn are encouraging these people by putting them on talk shows, to spout their hate, these talk show need to refuse to have them on then maybe when they don,t get any attention they will just go away
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: