SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Conversation with My Son

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arty Guy
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:23 am    Post subject: A Conversation with My Son Reply with quote

Shortly after the election I happened to be at my computer when my youngest son came into my office. We got to chatting and went to the Swift Vets web site. I showed him some of the television ads and we discussed the recent election a bit. Needless to say, he is greatly influenced by the rather liberal environment around here. He concluded by commenting about the campaign, "Gee dad, I guess this was kind of personal for you wasn't it." A moment of enlightenment. A personal thank you to the swifties for providing the means for re educating my son about some of the things he thought he understood.
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of this so impressed my oldest daughter, for the first time, she made a special visit to my work November 11 just to say thank you and wish me a Happy Veterans Day.

She's always been more of a left leaning moderate, but after listening to me about Kerry, the Swift vets and the anti-war left, she is now a right leaning moderate, must to the dismay of her full left mother Laughing

My other daughter is already conservative and if she didn't live some 2,000 miles away, she'd have been there too.
Mother
Former Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes! Thank you Artsy. SVPFT did double duty here! The only resource available to reference for:

1) Positive reinforcement for one son poised to enter the military (3 days left) in the middle of utter chaos with the election rhetoric....

2) Re-educating the one-year-younger-very-upset-left-directed-by-school-friends brother and debunking his friends to a better understanding of LIFE.

Eternal gratitude.
Semper Fi.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: