SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The ACLU, the Boy Scouts, and Military Cowardice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doc Farmer
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 1:22 pm    Post subject: The ACLU, the Boy Scouts, and Military Cowardice Reply with quote

The ACLU, the Boy Scouts, and Military Cowardice
Written by Doc Farmer
Wednesday, December 01, 2004

I didn't do all the normal things growing up that most kids do. I was sick a lot of the time, so the better part of my childhood was spent reading. I didn't go camping. I didn't go to rock concerts. I didn't strap bungee cord to my ankles and leap off a bridge. Video games for my early youth were GE's College Bowl and Ted Mack's Amateur Hour. Back then, grass was something you mowed.

Now, just to prove I am of a certain generation, we did actually have television back then, but it was black and white. We watched while riding our dinosaurs to school with George Washington, of course, but at least we had TV.

Despite all the technological wonders and entertainment choices of the early 60s, I never joined the Boy Scouts. I was a Brownie scout for a while (long story, don't ask, and it's not what you think) and a Cub Scout for a few years, but that was it. I was never all that attracted to the Boy Scouts. It always struck me as a camping and outdoorsy organization, and for me ''roughing it'' implies a hotel of less than three stars.

Still, the Boy Scouts is an honorable group. It teaches civic responsibility, personal responsibility, and self-reliance as well as team building. It has grown since its founding by Lord Baden-Powell of Gilwell almost a century ago, built on the tenets of loyalty, honesty, bravery, cleanliness, and a host of other virtues. Baden-Powell himself was a military man, who served with distinction.

It's not a far stretch to say that the virtues of the Boy Scouts are not that far removed from those of the U.S. and British military. Indeed, there are many U.S. military bases that sponsor and support Boy Scout troops, both directly and indirectly.

Or, at least they used to.

Now, however, the Asinine Communist (Bleeping) Lawyers Union, have stopped this dreadful practice of helping boys become moral and upstanding young men because (Shock! Horror!) Scouts attest to a belief in the dreaded G-word (that's God to us red-state voters). The ACFLU have decided that because God is mentioned in the Scout's Creed, the U.S. military must have no truck with this terrible group of young people. After all, there's supposed to be a separation of church and state, as the ACFLU constantly brays, so the mere mention of the Creator must be avoided at all costs.

This, however, is not the part of the story that has me the most steamed. The United States military, in its incredible stupidity, has stooped to the wishes of the ACFLU without so much as firing a judicial shot across its bow. No big trials, no appeals, no debates. Our Armed Forces, the same ones that face terrible enemies, bring down mighty and despicable tyrannies, put their lives on the line every day for our freedom, wussied out. When confronted by a bunch of lib/dem/soc/commie jerks in expensive suits and ponytails, our military folded faster than Superman on Laundry Day.

To be fair, the soldier in the ranks didn't make this decision, so they're not to blame for the cowardice of those above them. Some pencil-pushing Pentagon pansy saw the paperwork, ruined a perfectly good pair of Depends undergarments, and decided to cave in like a Chinese coal mine. What galls me, however, is that nobody in the chain of command tried to stop this stupid and cowardly decision.

Yup, I said it. Cowardly. The U.S. military, the one that has fought injustice on a hundred shores in thousands of battles, ran away with its tail tucked firmly between its legs. The military that freed over fifty million people in the last three years, and over a billion people in its long history, didn't have the guts to fight a bunch of liberal pukes armed with nothing more than paperwork and lies.

Saddam Hussein and Usama bin Laden must be laughing their tails off right now.

I've stated previously that it is my sincere belief that the ACFLU is a terrorist organization. This embarrassing and idiotic episode should prove that more clearly than anything else. It managed to terrorize and cow our armed forces. And for what reason? In the name of protecting free speech, the ACFLU has done everything possible to undermine it. In the name of religious freedom, it has campaigned tirelessly to destroy Christianity, the most popular belief system in the land. In the name of diversity, it has promoted perversion and weakened morality.

Is it any wonder to you now, why I advocate a long, slow, painful, and humiliating death for all (bleeping) lawyers?

At this point, I wonder if writing to your senators or congressmen or the president will really do any good. They'll all say they are outraged, they'll all praise the Boy Scouts, and then nothing will happen.

Perhaps people should just start suing the ACFLU for anything and everything possible. Jaywalking, littering, failure to yield the right of way, breathing, legal misrepresentation, whatever. If perchance it's tied up in a million lawsuits where the ACFLU is (for once) the defendant instead of the plaintiff, it won't have the money or the time left to screw around with our Constitution, our freedoms, our rights, and our lives. After all, folks have sued terrorist groups into oblivion before. I recall a story where a person sued a local Ku Klux Klan group for so much money that it was forced to disband. The ACFLU is nearly as distasteful, and in some ways far more dangerous.

In the meantime, We the People are stuck with a military that won't bother to stand up to a bully and punch it in the nose. I don't know about the rest of you, but that fills me with a sense of shame that the men and women who serve in our armed forces, bravely and honorably, are led and represented by such cowards as we find in the Pentagon today. They deserve better. So do we.

For those of you who remember Monty Python and the Holy Grail, I've put together a slight re-write of the Ballad of Sir Robin. It seems to fit the circumstances. Perhaps someone will send it as a singing telegram to the next meeting of the Joint Chiefs:

Brave Pent-a-gone ran away.

Bravely ran away, away!

When the ACLU reared its ugly head,

The Pent-a-gone turned its tail and fled.

Yes, brave Pent-a-gone turned about,

And gallantly it chickened out.

Bravely taking to its feet

It beat a very brave retreat,

Bravest of the brave, Pent-a-gone!

About the Writer: Doc Farmer is a writer and humorist who is also a moderator on ChronWatch's Forum. He formerly lived in Saudi Arabia and Qatar, but now resides in the Midwest. Doc receives e-mail at docfarmer9999@yahoo.co.uk.

This Article Was First Published In ChronWatch At: http://www.chronwatch.com/content/contentDisplay.asp?aid=11473

Fat, Bald and Ugly - And PROUD Of It!
Knighthawk
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc,

Once again you have hit the nail on the head. I love reading your articles.....keep up the great work.

Beware of the lollipop of mediocrity! Lick it once and you'll suck forever.

If guns kill people, then I can blame misspelled words on my pencil.

Knighthawk's Pictures!
Doc Farmer
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knighthawk wrote:
Doc,

Once again you have hit the nail on the head. I love reading your articles.....keep up the great work.

Thanks, Knighthawk.

scotty61
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was a Cub Scout and later a Cub Scout leader for five years. My 7 year old is a Wolf Cub Scout and my 15 year old is a Life Scout going for his Eagle Scout. Needless to say, Scouting plays a role in our family.

What irritates me is that Scouts are denied the use of school buildings, city buildings or any public use building or property in many parts of this country. Yet groups that support terrorism are allowed access to these same areas. That one is a far more desirable organization, is obvious to anyone with an IQ above 70. This obiviously leaves out the ACLU and those weak-kneed officials who wet their pants at the word "lawsuit". In their twisted logic, it is OK to discriminate against a group with a moral stance they disapprove of.

If you give to the United Way, I recommend you look into it closely. In many places they refuse to give to Scouts. They do give in our area, but we quit after they said that we give to our boy's troop through them and the money never got to them, my wife ran the troop check book so she knew. When we informed them of this they said it was a mistake and they would make sure next year. But our troop was already out the money and they had no idea where our contribution went. Now we donate directly.
Doc Farmer
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scotty61 wrote:
I was a Cub Scout and later a Cub Scout leader for five years. My 7 year old is a Wolf Cub Scout and my 15 year old is a Life Scout going for his Eagle Scout. Needless to say, Scouting plays a role in our family.

What irritates me is that Scouts are denied the use of school buildings, city buildings or any public use building or property in many parts of this country. Yet groups that support terrorism are allowed access to these same areas. That one is a far more desirable organization, is obvious to anyone with an IQ above 70. This obiviously leaves out the ACLU and those weak-kneed officials who wet their pants at the word "lawsuit". In their twisted logic, it is OK to discriminate against a group with a moral stance they disapprove of.

If you give to the United Way, I recommend you look into it closely. In many places they refuse to give to Scouts. They do give in our area, but we quit after they said that we give to our boy's troop through them and the money never got to them, my wife ran the troop check book so she knew. When we informed them of this they said it was a mistake and they would make sure next year. But our troop was already out the money and they had no idea where our contribution went. Now we donate directly.

I don't give to the United Way. Even when they say that your money is going to who you select, it's not. Everybody gets a slice of the pie. I agree with you - if you're going to give, do so directly.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: