SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Military Bigots need to be confronted

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 4:29 pm    Post subject: Military Bigots need to be confronted Reply with quote

Dear Sister,

I am neither republican nor democrat I have voted for members of both parties and I have even voted for an independent. And now I am planning on registering myself with the veterans’ party that is forming across the country. Politics has nothing to do with this and my feelings towards John Kerry would be the same regardless of his party affiliation.

For the first time since 1975 have I allowed myself to take pride in my service to our country and I will not allow you or anyone else take this away from me. And I will not stand down from defending the honor of those who have served and those who are now serving.

The bigotry displayed by many American’s as its veterans returned from Vietnam was shameful, and yes John F. Kerry’s participation with the VVAW was a major contributor in creating the bigotry that our Vietnam veterans came home to. The vast majority of these men honorably did the duty that they were called to and deserve to be recognized for their sacrifice and service. The 58,000 names on the memorial on our nation’s mall deserve to be recognized and honored.

Look at the historical record. John Kerry gave a lengthy senate testimony depicting our soldiers as committing horrendous acts. The same senate hearing committee had no time to cross examine Kerry’s testimony. Where was the investigation to determine if Kerry’s statements were true? The media along with Hollywood just accepted Kerry’s statements as being true and force fed it to the American people. And as Kerry made his statements their where 100's of American POW’s who were being tortured as Kerry spewed his lies. And the level of their torture only increased after the public airing of Kerry’s testimony.

Hypothetically let’s say that I have bigotry against black males and when ever I meet one my first thought is that he is probably a criminal and I best hide my wife and kids from him. If I lived with those attitudes you probably would have nothing to do with me.

Your comment to me before you hung up was that Vietnam veterans did commit war crimes. My response to you would have been that their where over 6 million Americans who served in the US military during Vietnam. What percentage of them do you believe committed war crimes? Please explain yourself because I am starting to think that my sister has bigotry against the US military.

Your, Brother

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police

Last edited by coldwarvet on Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
GTA
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Look at the historical record. John Kerry gave a lengthy senate testimony depicting our soldiers as committing horrendous acts. The same senate hearing committee had no time to cross examine Kerry’s testimony. Where was the investigation to determine if Kerry’s statements were true? The media along with Hollywood just accepted Kerry’s statements as being true and force fed it to the American people. And as Kerry made his statements their where 100's of American POW’s who were being tortured as Kerry spewed his lies. And the level of their torture only increased after the public airing of Kerry’s testimony."

reading your words reminds me of something i overheard the other day, spoken by some random man while i was on my way to the university..

"if i ever see john kerry, i'm gonna fight 'em!"---thought that summed it up nicely..
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On war crimes committed, you might remond her that is why there was a place known as Long Binh Jail. War crimes were not committed on a day by day basis with full knowledge and acceptance by higher command. If they were, LBJ would not have been filled.

Seems the only war criminal to escape confinement there was John "F"in Kerry hisself, as he admitted to committing war crimes in 1971 and has never been prosecuted.
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Military Bigots need to be confronted Reply with quote

coldwarvet wrote:
Dear Sister,

I am neither republican nor democrat I have voted for members of both parties and I have even voted for an independent. And now I am planning on registering myself with the veterans’ party that is forming across the country. Politics has nothing to do with this and my feelings towards John Kerry would be the same regardless of his party affiliation.

For the first time since 1975 have I allowed myself to take pride in my service to our country and I will not allow you or anyone else take this away from me. And I will not stand down from defending the honor of those who have served and those who are now serving.

Your, Brother

coldwarvet,
was this email to your real sister? if so, tell her I agree with you. She needs to study real history, not Kerry 'spin' history !

and if there's really gonna be a veteran party, I'm joining it also!

doesn't mean I'll always vote for a veteran (look at McCain).... but I'll register with them.

Also, how many other times has someone given testimony before the senate without being questioned by them?
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 12:15 am    Post subject: Re: Military Bigots need to be confronted Reply with quote

Stevie wrote:

was this email to your real sister? if so, tell her I agree with you. She needs to study real history, not Kerry 'spin' history !

and if there's really gonna be a veteran party, I'm joining it also!

Yes Stevie this is a letter I snail mailed to my real sister.

CWV

Grampa
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coldwarvet,

You are so right on in that there is a casual bigotry towards the Military in general and towards Vietnam vets in particular that would be unacceptable if it were displayed towards someones race or other PC group status. This is the legacy of the left. Thanks for fighting it.

Good luck trying to straighten out your sister on this.
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grampa wrote:
Coldwarvet,

You are so right on in that there is a casual bigotry towards the Military in general and towards Vietnam vets in particular that would be unacceptable if it were displayed towards someones race or other PC group status. This is the legacy of the left. Thanks for fighting it.

Good luck trying to straighten out your sister on this.

If you are unable to (and you have my sympathy on that):

I have a sister who became a far-leftist and completely irrational, to the point of disdaining and belittling my conservative parents causing them much grief, after indoctrination at ivy-league schools.

I don't mail her anything at all. I stopped talking to her long ago.

Relationships due to genetics are unsatisfactory if that's the only thing left in common.

-- FDL
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recruiters kept off of our campuses. What’s the next step, are we going to have separate bubblers for members of the military?

CWV

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: