SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Untied Nations rejects concept of US sovereignty
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:27 am    Post subject: Untied Nations rejects concept of US sovereignty Reply with quote

They have made it official. Excerpt:

UNITED NATIONS — An influential U.N.-appointed panel yesterday challenged the Bush administration's right to use military force against an enemy that does not pose an imminent military threat. The 16-member panel, appointed by U.N. Secretary General Kofi Annan after the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq, said in a long-awaited report that only the U.N. Security Council has the legal standing to authorize such a "preventive war."

Full article here:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2002105288_threats01.html

I believe it's 'way past time to condemn their New York property and get them the H*** off our soil.

Schadow
Arty Guy
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:35 am    Post subject: Where should we send the UN? Reply with quote

I have occasionally thought putting the UN on an island somewhere would be a good idea. Ascension Island in the South Atlantic is sufficiently remote. Should free up a lot of parking spaces on Manhatten.

Any other suggestions?
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh, leaky boats over the Mariana's Trench? Laughing Wink

Seriously, what they declare about our soveriegnty is meaningless. Under Kofi Anan's watch, they have turned into just about the biggest anti-American, anti-semitic organization in existence.

Just another grand experiment that's failed, I feel.
RogerRabbit
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As previously stated -

Get the US out of the UN and get the UN out of the US
noyesj
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:55 am    Post subject: Use of property at USELESS NATION location Reply with quote

I konw that I am wishing on a star, but I thank we should

use that piece of land for a new world trade center. That way it could

far more usefull.
Twisted Evil Idea
noyesj :
GIaunt
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard about this report and almost choked....
They think that they are the new world government.....

And even if they did disagree with us, how would they stop us...
We supply most of the UN peacekeepers and weapons...

They really think that US troops would fight against the US under the UN flag???

Talk about delusions of grandeur....
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:04 am    Post subject: Unbelievable Reply with quote

Attention Mr. President are you listening to this? Time to cut our losses and dump this failed exercise in a New York minute. We tried, they failed, they lied, they stole, they undermined us at every turn and to top it off they put our troops in danger and continue to do so. These are not our friends Mr. President and you had better believe they each have their own agenda and our security be damned.

Time Mr. President to ditch NATO, dump the UN in the east river after demolition and start developing some solid bilateral agreements and coalitions of our true friends and supporters. The new world order is Democracy and it scares the tyrants to death.

The time is now Mr. President to put our trillion-dollar economy to work for us and only trade with those who support us and our super human efforts to rid this planet from the threat of terrorism. We spend the treasure and the lives Mr. President and all they give us in return is lip service or knives in the back.

Let Chirquack have his French/Euro Fiefdom and isolate them. Time Mr. President to play hardball and I know you understand the game well. Throw them some fastballs in under the chin when they undermine us or speak out against our actions to defend our homeland.

Time to watch your back on Iran Mr. President. Are we to trust the Euros negotiating with them when they were the ones creating the problems in the first place? They have sold their soul to the devil before and rest assured they will again. The people of Iran are waiting for you to liberate them from the repressive regime they live under, don’t let them down. These are the people holding candlelight prayer vigils after September 11th while the rest of the Arab world danced on 3,000 graves. They paid for their support of us with beatings and arrests Mr. President by the Mullahs Elite Guard. Time Mr. President to watch the Elite Guard run and hide like the world renowned Republican Guard did.

Time to kick butt and take names Mr. President if you wish to save our Beloved Republic.

Independent that leans right of center.
scotty61
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big deal. What are they going to do about it? Is Hans Blix going to lead a bunch of blue-helmeted troops from France in action against us? As Robert Heinlein wrote, "It is useless for the sheep to pass a resolution in favor of vegetarianism while the wolves remain of another opinion."
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a deal. We don't recognise their soverignty, they don't have to recognise ours. They can now go somewhere that they can take over with their soverignty. Tora Bora mountians have an available cave complex if they don't like the S. Pacific Island idea.
God and Country
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KICK U.N. OUT OF U.S.

A new anti-United Nations television campaign is reversing the familiar refrain "get the U.S. out of the U.N.," and instead urges the global body be kicked out of the U.S.

"The U.N. has become an apologist and defender of terrorist organizations and their agents," says the 60-second commercial, which points out the recent Oil-for-Food scandal involving the U.N.

"Billions of dollars intended for humanitarian aid instead went to pay the families of Palestinian terrorists, and to buy weapons for Iraq-based terrorists. Millions more went to bribe journalists and officials in countries opposing Operation Iraqi Freedom, like France, Germany and Russia, the most vocal critics of the war. What a coincidence."

God bless America, past, present and always.

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

South Pacific Islands are too nice for these guys. Real estate there is too expensive anyway.

My suggestion puts them equidistant from the Permanent Security Council Members. My suggestion according to the Peter's Projection of the World puts them at the center of the world (and 3rd world for that matter). My suggestion?

SAO TOME E PRINCIPE!

This underdeveloped, overpopulated tiny island nation sits astride the equater off the coast of Gabon in the bight of Africa.

Alternately, Haiti could use some new, deep pocketed tenents and give the UN something to set its teeth into.....but, then again I don't want them in this hemisphere.
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to see an armored division pull up in front of the UN building, give them one hour to vacate; then open fire on the sucker until it is just a smoking pile of rubble. Screen evacuees for any with unpaid parking and traffic tickets, make them pay up and let all the others return to their respective countries.
tony54
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted this before on another forum:

The UN may have started out as a good organization, but in the last 30 years or so they became extremely left wing.
As if the oil for food scandal wasn't enough Kofi himself tried to help throw our presidential election by calling the war in Iraq, Bush’s illegal war.
That was specifically meant to help Kerry win and Kerry would not have pursued the oil for food scandal.
When he called the war an illegal war, he basically said Bush is a war criminal!
Its time to get us out of the UN, and Annan and the rest of those anti-American leeches out of our country.
We must do something about the UN now that we have a good honest President and the majority of both houses.
The UN is a cash cow and we have WJC and Hillary waiting to cash in and corrupt it even more!
There is no guarantee we will win in '08 or that we will have a majority in the House or Senate.
ITS NOW OR NEVER!
scotty61
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They said the reason the League of Nations failed was the United States was not involved. It was then led by France and other nations.

Seventy years later the US does not have a leadership role in the UN, France wants to be in charge and it is going to H<ll in a handbasket. If the US were to pull completely out, it would no longer be relevant and would soon cease to exist.
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Untied Nations rejects concept of US sovereignty Reply with quote

Schadow wrote:
They have made it official. Excerpt:

UNITED NATIONS — An influential U.N.-appointed panel yesterday challenged the Bush administration's right to use military force against an enemy that does not pose an imminent military threat. The 16-member panel, appointed by U.N. Secretary General Kofi Annan after the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq, said in a long-awaited report that only the U.N. Security Council has the legal standing to authorize such a "preventive war."

Full article here:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2002105288_threats01.html

I believe it's 'way past time to condemn their New York property and get them the H*** off our soil.

Schadow

How do you define immanent threat? What do you call jihad indoctrinated combatants that steal our air planes and then crash them into our buildings killing over 3000 of our citizens? I sincerely believe if these jihad indoctrinated combatants were not so pre occupied with keeping a democracy out of the heart of the terrorist world we would have buried tens if not hundreds of thousands of Americans on the home land by now. These jihad terrorists are just looking for a way to get their reward of eternal virgins by killing infidels.

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: