SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Imus questions Kerry about Form 180

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
snaggletooth
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:07 pm    Post subject: Imus questions Kerry about Form 180 Reply with quote

Our favorite fabricator interviewed on Imus this morning.

Sen. John Kerry on lessons learned
MSNBC's Don Imus talks to Sen. John Kerry about his 2004 campaign, voting against Condoleezza Rice, the war in Iraq, death benefits, and whether or not he's going to run again
TRANSCRIPT EXCERPT
Updated: 12:03 p.m. ET Feb. 7, 2005

Access edited trasnscript at:
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/6928257/

Here is the good stuff:

IMUS: About the election, you told Russert that you should have responded sooner to the Swift boat ads. Why didn’t you?

KERRY: Because we thought—I mean, first of all, when you’re on the road, you don’t get real-time sense of everything.

Number two, we thought we had, and we should have. And it’s that simple. We did it twice before, once in the spring, once in the early summer.

And, you know, we just underestimated what was behind it this time, and my fault. I take the blame.

IMUS: Well, Senator Edwards—because I was talking to him about the controversy surrounding the medals you won in Vietnam and he laughed and he said, “You’re asking me about John Kerry and Dick Cheney got five deferrals.”

So, I mean, he would have been fairly effective. Was he unwilling to do it or you just didn’t ask him or what?

KERRY: I think he did do it, to the best of my knowledge. I think he was out there.

IMUS: You also told Tim that you would sign this Form 180 releasing all of your military records. Have you done that?

KERRY: Yes, we’re going do that. Absolutely, I will do that.

Listen, I also think...

IMUS: When are you going do it?

KERRY: As soon as soon as I get clarified with the military.

IMUS: Why don’t do you it today?

KERRY: Because I have a stack of different materials they’ve sent me every time they’ve sent me something, and I want to know exactly what they’re sending.

I’ll get it done.

But you know what I want? I think the guys who are making these accusations ought to release their records also, and I’ve said that. And I think fair is fair. Let’s all put them out there for everybody to judge.

IMUS: So will you not release yours...

KERRY: No, I’ll sign it anyway. I’ll sign it anyway.
IMUS: OK.

Like by noon today?

KERRY: Uh, no.

(LAUGHTER)

If not today, When, oh, when?

The Tooth with the Truth.

Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent post snaggle. Thanks for the link and welcome back to the forum.
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

KERRY: Because I have a stack of different materials they’ve sent me every time they’ve sent me something, and I want to know exactly what they’re sending.

I take this to mean he's redacting the records and he'll sign the 180 when he's sure he's expunged anything unflattering.
Dimsdale
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parsed carefully, Kerry is basically saying that he would sign the 180, but his statements imply that he will do some "editing" of the record before it is released: no raw, unexpunged records for the Swiftee rabble to use against him!

If there was even the slightest possibility that Kerry's record would have silenced the Swiftees and other critics, even with some minimal damage to himself, his overwhelming need for self promotion and his lifelong burning desire to be the next "JFK" would have had him releasing it in August at minimum, if not May 2004.

The simple fact that Kerry will not immediately release the FULL military record is tacit proof that he has something to hide that was worth sacrificing his chance to win the election and become president.

The fact that he won't even do it NOW, implies that he still thinks he has a chance in 2008.

Not if I am still breathing!
nutcase
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:41 pm    Post subject: Kerry's records.... Reply with quote

Sorry guys the "cult of the US Senate will

NEVER ALLOW HIS RECORDS TO BECOME PUBLIC

NEVER

THEY ARE A SICK CULT AND THAT IS THAT....

been there done that..
jalexson
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry still doesn't get it. He should never have tried to claim he was some type of "hero" in Vietnam for such "heroic" actions as chasing and shooting a Viet Cong who was running away. Those claims opened up his questionable service record in Vietnam to criticism.

He should have run on current issues and told his propagandists like
Dan Rather to ignore George Bush's service record. I don't think many Democrats have figured it out yet, but Rather's story probably helped reelect Bush and not just because the documents he used were forgeries. By focusing on what Bush did 30 years ago, Rather and other Democrats implied that Bush was doing a good job as President.
"That awful power, the public opinion of a nation, is created in America by a horde of ignorant, self-complacent simpletons who failed at ditching and shoe making and fetched up in journalism on their way to the poor house."
-- Mark Twain
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evil or Very Mad I knew I shouldnt have clicked on this post! Evil or Very Mad
Hey stupid, ya you with the chin, sign it! Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: