SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DID YOU CONTRIBUTE TO AIR AMERICA?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tony54
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 2:00 pm    Post subject: DID YOU CONTRIBUTE TO AIR AMERICA? Reply with quote

The owner president of REAL PLAYER,Rob Glaser, contributed $13 million to Air America, the extreme left wing propaganda machine, to keep it on the air.
I have three computers two at home and one in my shop.
All three HAD Real Player installed in them.
I can use Media Player just as well, if the program wont work with Media Player, and requires Real Player I just won't use the program.
No way am I going to contribute directly or indirectly to any Extreme Left Wing organization

Read this article posted on Air America's website.

http://www.airamericaradio.com/othercontent/pressrelease_041208.html
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: DID YOU CONTRIBUTE TO AIR AMERICA? Reply with quote

tony54 wrote:
The owner president of REAL PLAYER, contributed $13 million to Air America, the extreme left wing propaganda machine, to keep it on the air.
I have three computers two at home and one in my shop.
All three HAD Real Player installed in them.
I can use Media Player just as well, if the program wont work with Media Player, and requires Real Player I just won't use the program.
No way am I going to contribute directly or indirectly to any Extreme Left Wing organization

Read this article posted on Air America's website.

http://www.airamericaradio.com/othercontent/pressrelease_041208.html

Well I loaded their airplanes in Chiang Mai. Was I supporting the same outfit back in 73? I didn't know the Spooks had a radio station, honest. Dang Tony, I thought they changed their name to Southern Air Transport. Cool Cool

Independent that leans right of center.
tony54
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the outfit that contributed 13 mil to Air America.

http://www.real.com/player/?src=realaudio
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tony54 wrote:
This is the outfit that contributed 13 mil to Air America.

http://www.real.com/player/?src=realaudio

Do you think the CIA let this radio station use the name they had registered as a corporation? I think they must be getting a cut of the action. Oh there is no action. Air America is broke hiring a string of liberal losers led by Al Frankenstein. Gee this Real Player guy must be another liberal loser. Cool

GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Air America is a charity dependent on rich libs donating money. Real Broadcasting takes in advertising revenues. Air America won't survive if it has to go to advertising and compete. Franken is a parody of himself, NPR and PBS are the same except they sponge off the public largesse. Time to take out hard earned tax dollars away from the aforementioned and let them live or die in real world competition.
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GM Strong wrote:
This Air America is a charity dependent on rich libs donating money. Real Broadcasting takes in advertising revenues. Air America won't survive if it has to go to advertising and compete. Franken is a parody of himself, NPR and PBS are the same except they sponge off the public largesse. Time to take out hard earned tax dollars away from the aforementioned and let them live or die in real world competition.

Absolutely right on target GM and I couldn’t agree more with dumping PBS and NPR. These blood suckers of liberal media are so far left they make MSM look conservative. Cool

Bystander
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First thing I did after reading these comments was uninstall RealPlayer from my computer. Who needs them, even if there is no charge?
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As if on cue Real Player popped a message as I was reading the article and gave me the opportunity of shutting it down.

PhantomSgt said:
Absolutely right on target GM and I couldn’t agree more with dumping PBS and NPR. These blood suckers of liberal media are so far left they make MSM look conservative.

Bill Moyers, the doyen of PBS and LBJ flack made your point. Announcing his retirement the other day he ominously warned that the greatest danger of our time was that MSM had become right wing partisans and it hadn't been reported. How far off the deep end do you have to be to make an observation like that?
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I B Squidly wrote:

Bill Moyers, the doyen of PBS and LBJ flack made your point. Announcing his retirement the other day he ominously warned that the greatest danger of our time was that MSM had become right wing partisans and it hadn't been reported. How far off the deep end do you have to be to make an observation like that?

SURVEY TIME: If you were a Moyers fan post a reply.

tony54
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill Moyers is up on the ladder of left wing extremists who made it big in the MSM.
He is in good company with the Rathers, Brokaws. Jennings, Mathews and the list goes on and on.
Their thinking is so far left and anti-American, that a centrist to them is an extreme right-winger.
They all think act and speak the same way!
Their psychology is to use "mind over matter", they don't mind and we don't matter.
GM Strong

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moyers did do a handful of decent programs, showing an ability. (D-Day to the Rhine, for one) Like many he let his leftist philosophy submerge the talent and he became just another PBS leftist propogandist. What a waste.

Last edited by GM Strong on Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I detest Real Player.

I highly recommend Real Alternative, instead. If you download it from here:
http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Real_Alternative.htm it will come with the codecs for playing Real Media files, audio and video. Free and best of all - no spyware, no web bugs, doesn't try to "phone home," shares NO information about your computer to the outside world, etc.

I don't listen to Moyers any more. He could tell me the sky is blue and I'd have to double-check to see for myself. Whatever talent he may have had in documentary presentation has been drowned in his detestable leftism.

How far out of touch with reality do you have to be not to see the leftist bias in our media? He needs to have a good talk with Bernard Goldberg and Brent Bozell.
GenrXr

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
I detest Real Player.

I highly recommend Real Alternative, instead. If you download it from here:
http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Real_Alternative.htm it will come with the codecs for playing Real Media files, audio and video. Free and best of all - no spyware, no web bugs, doesn't try to "phone home," shares NO information about your computer to the outside world, etc.

I don't listen to Moyers any more. He could tell me the sky is blue and I'd have to double-check to see for myself. Whatever talent he may have had in documentary presentation has been drowned in his detestable leftism.

How far out of touch with reality do you have to be not to see the leftist bias in our media? He needs to have a good talk with Bernard Goldberg and Brent Bozell.

Thanks for the link Navy. I would like to add that Moyers is a secularist humanist. This is the prime variant of the modern day radical whom wants to destroy America and turn it into a Pol Pot utopia. When I was in college and quite younger there were a couple of books I read by Moyers where he interviewed people of supposed importance and the books were a enjoyable read, only problem was I was a stupid sponge soaking in propoganda and had no clue what I was reading. Years later the section read about Asimov view of the world in which there was no God clued me into what it was Moyers was trying to tell. He was showing us the anthropocentric lefist view of mankind. The danger in his approach is its very seductive to the ignorant and pliable.

Pisses me off today that Asimov was a willing participant! I cannot read his books now. Sad
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BOR put Moyer's quote in today's Most Ridiculous Segment. Bill sometimes gets it right.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: