SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Crude oil and Osama bin Laden's bogus threats

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
USMCWayne
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 4:16 am    Post subject: Crude oil and Osama bin Laden's bogus threats Reply with quote

OBL has been making some noise lately about how his minions should destroy the U.S. economy by cutting off our Saudi (and Iraqi) oil supplies.

If our Saudi and Iraqi imports were cut off completely though (a pretty doubtful proposition at best) about all it would do is cause some above average discomfort to the average gas buyer.

Currently, 77.5% of the 9507 thousand gallons of crude that we import per day comes from 13 other countries, and 44% of that total comes from, ready for this, Canada and Mexico.

That's right, Saudi and Iraqi crude oil only amounts to 22.5% of what we import on a daily basis.

OBL is preaching to the choir, ie the average Middle Easterner who can't think for themself, is all but commited to a holy war against America, and wouldn't know the truth if it wacked them in the head, but I thought you'd be interested in the truth in regards to where our oil actually comes from.

Energy Information Administration
note: URL converted to hypertext
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are getting weaker day by day these Islamofascists. We are talking about a very weak minded and poorly resolved people. They are not our equal in any respect and are similar to Nazi circa 30' group think without the education and training. These people have to have groups of people re-enforce all their thought. The slightest of doubting begins to destroy this group-think and we are starting to hear this from Iraqi bloggers. A big difference is these people are not educated and not trained militarily. We are not fighting a German who was raised from birth to be schooled and trained to be the best or fighting Japanese carrying on century’s old traditions of the samurai warrior. These simple minded people are nothing more then brain-washed people who do not have the education or discipline required for a warrior. They have been told their whole life they are the oppressed people and that is exactly how we will send them to their graves. Of course they are dangerous in that they are fanatical, but serial killers are dangerous also. Just takes time to find and kill them all.

I have mentioned this story before on the boards, but it’s worth mentioning again. In 90' or 91' just prior to the gulf war I was out and about with a Palestinian friend of mine from high school and we had been clubbing all night and at a after hours diner eating with 9 of his Palestinian friends. They all went to UT and I went to UH so there was the school rivalry, but when it turned to politics and the soon to be war in Kuwait it got ugly. It was 10 of them trying to gang up on me in the argument for whether the US would kick ass or get their asses kicked. Most people do not remember but prior to the first gulf war the radicals were predicting us to lose on a massive scale. Finally to make my point I slapped one of the most annoying sitting on my left really hard to the face. They all looked at me like they would kill me at which I looked back at them like I would kill them. I then said to them it takes a group of you to challenge my thought, but as a true American I am willing to challenge your thought alone and to fight all of you for my thought. I then issued a challenge to them to fight me after having ganged up on my intellectually I told them I was no longer willing to diplomatically have discourse, but rather was now wanting to beat the hell out of them. Having heard for 2 hours how tough they are I was sure they would kick my ass, but in the end I offered a challenge they could not collectively meet. They got scared and I explained that’s the difference between Americans and Middle Easterners. In America we fight for what we believe, but you guys are like NY City wise guys who like to think they are tough and talk a lot but are nothing inside. After having slapped the guy and explaining why they couldn’t whip me I walked out and never saw them again. And of course we routed Kuwait and all the Iraqi's in faster fashion then the world had ever seen.
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UBL has pretty much been relegated to ineffective and soon to be relegated to history. Soon enough the fanatics will even get tired of this and his security will betray him. He will then assume cave temperature.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: