SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Joy of Gloating
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SBD
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 9:37 pm    Post subject: The Joy of Gloating Reply with quote

A friend of mine sent me this email that I thought I would share with all of you.

The Joy of Gloating

Know what brings the biggest smile to my face after the Nov. 2 evisceration of the Democratic Party?

It's not that picture of a devastated Tom Daschle captioned with his comment that "This is the worst day I've had."

It's not the comeuppance so richly deserved by the loud-mouthed jerks who disgraced the Wellstone funeral service in Minnesota, costing Mondale the election.

It's not that hordes of high-paid Democrat staffers on Capitol Hill are now
out of a job and won't be able to find another, because all the K Street
lobbying firms won't hire them.

It's not all the newspaper headlines proclaiming the Republican Tsunami,or even that great shot of GW giving a thumbs-up.

Nope, the biggest smile of all comes with thinking of how bitterly miserable The Dixie Chicks and Barbra Streisand must be right now.

Normally, the emotion of what the Germans call Schadenfreude, malicious
glee, should be assiduously avoided. Laughing at other people's unhappiness is almost always not a healthy or decent thing to do. But note the "almost" qualifier. There are, very occasionally, exceptions. This is one of them.

President Bush has handled the gigantic GOP victory with his typical class
and graciousness. His comportment has been the antithesis of gloating, and has given the strictest instructions to all those at the White House to
behave the same. He continues to live up to the moral ideal Americans have for political leadership.

But for you and me, ordinary Americans driven around the bend by America-hating liberals, we should be granted moral permission to gloat just this once. We should be allowed to admit that we are ecstatically happy that The Boss, The Dixie Chicks, Barbra Streisand, Alex Baldwin, Woody Harrelson, Susan Sarandon, Sean Penn, Jessica Lange and Robert Altman together with all the other Hollywood clowns "embarrassed to be from the United States," as Jessica Lange puts it, are moaning threnodies of grief, dirges of gloom, wails of lament - in short,they're Singin' the Blues.

Permit us just this once to feel joy in their misery. I admit it. It feels
absolutely great to know that eco-fascists are tearing their hair out over
Bush's allowing oil to be drilled out of ANWR, that Judas Jim Jeffords is
reduced to a powerless minority ******* on Capitol Hill, that House Democrats are about to follow Nancy Pelosi like lemmings over a left-wing cliff.

There's so much to feel great about. But most gratifying of all is the utter
anguish of that epitome of moral pretentiousness, the Hollywood Left. Of
course, it's pleasing to know that same anguish is being experienced by the editors of the New York Times, by the-Jennings-Brokaw-Rather,Juan Anderson, Larry King, Wolf Blitzer and by hordes of Ivy League university professors. The most satisfying schadenfreude, however, is with Michael Moore.

So let yourself go. Feel free to gloat. The president and his people can't.
But you and I can. Just this once.

SBD
gmez2001
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 9:57 pm    Post subject: Feelings Reply with quote

The left talks of feelings constantly as though this is some kind of common denomonator for world order.

I do however have election feelings.............................................HooRaw Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Saved by the Kerry sell out of our country
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SBD, a great big THANK YOU for relieving my guilt!!

I have to admit I have been gloriously gloating since election day.

I reserve my gloating for a certain few evil people, however.
The actors and performers are such brainless ninnies that I don't
feel much animosity towards them, being so intellectually challenged
and craving approval, they are truly delusional.

The real focus of my schadenfreude is aimed at the dispicable
proven LIARS.

The hygienically-challenged human hamburger LIAR, Michael Moore
for the debunked proven fraudulent movie that made him so much money!

The disgraced talking head LIAR, Dan Blather for his proven
fraudulent 60 Minutes broadcast. He should go to jail for that!

The oh-so-smug LIAR, Richard Clarke for proven false statements
before the 9/11 Commission. He should go to jail also.

The truly pathetic LIAR, Joseph Wilson for his proven false
statements about his Niger investigation re yellowcake uranium
Again, he should face federal charges.

LIARS, LIARS, all of them. All because of their inexplicable hatred
for an honorable man, President Bush.

I delight in their misery at not achieving their desired goal.

Thanks for the dispensation for my schadenfreude. Oh, and thanks
for adding a new word to my vocabulary. I like that word!
scotty61
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will not gloat, if they will not whine. Since they are indulging in the biggest whinefest in the history of the country, we get to gloat. I refuse to feel sorry for them are take pity on their hurt feelings. I remember all the epithets they threw and then whined about going negative when Kerry was questioned about his record, as if it was not relevant. Remember the snotty remarks about how Bush has to unite the country? They lost, but seem to feel that we still have to kiss their @ss.

So pardon me if I derive some pleasure from their agony. They were smug and smarmy and got what they so richly deserved. Maybe next time they will exercise some decency, but I doubt it.
kman
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You lost. Get over it!

Well, I feel a little better. May have to say it a few more times however Twisted Evil .

Kurt
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scotty61 wrote:
We will not gloat, if they will not whine.

Personally, I feel that the more they whine, the better it is. Whining was probably a significant factor in their loss this go-around. Many Dems I know held their noses and voted for Kerry, but were clearly put off by the style and rhetoric put forward by their candidates and national apparatus.

If they are brain-dead enough to put Howard Dean in as Chair of the Dem National Committee, and the usual pack of foam-at-the-mouth spokesman are retained, they could be out of it for a generation - the Ditzy Twits and Moores notwithstanding.

Schadow
tractorsq
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 8:59 am    Post subject: gloating Reply with quote

Maybe we should take their feelings into consideration. Some of them are really hurting now so we should be big about this....April fools
Jack Hetherton, jr
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: The Joy of Gloating Reply with quote

SBD wrote:
A friend of mine sent me this email that I thought I would share with all of you.

The Joy of Gloating

Know what brings the biggest smile to my face after the Nov. 2 evisceration of the Democratic Party?

It's not that picture of a devastated Tom Daschle captioned with his comment that "This is the worst day I've had."

It's not the comeuppance so richly deserved by the loud-mouthed jerks who disgraced the Wellstone funeral service in Minnesota, costing Mondale the election.

It's not that hordes of high-paid Democrat staffers on Capitol Hill are now
out of a job and won't be able to find another, because all the K Street
lobbying firms won't hire them.

It's not all the newspaper headlines proclaiming the Republican Tsunami,or even that great shot of GW giving a thumbs-up.

Nope, the biggest smile of all comes with thinking of how bitterly miserable The Dixie Chicks and Barbra Streisand must be right now.

Normally, the emotion of what the Germans call Schadenfreude, malicious
glee, should be assiduously avoided. Laughing at other people's unhappiness is almost always not a healthy or decent thing to do. But note the "almost" qualifier. There are, very occasionally, exceptions. This is one of them.

President Bush has handled the gigantic GOP victory with his typical class
and graciousness. His comportment has been the antithesis of gloating, and has given the strictest instructions to all those at the White House to
behave the same. He continues to live up to the moral ideal Americans have for political leadership.

But for you and me, ordinary Americans driven around the bend by America-hating liberals, we should be granted moral permission to gloat just this once. We should be allowed to admit that we are ecstatically happy that The Boss, The Dixie Chicks, Barbra Streisand, Alex Baldwin, Woody Harrelson, Susan Sarandon, Sean Penn, Jessica Lange and Robert Altman together with all the other Hollywood clowns "embarrassed to be from the United States," as Jessica Lange puts it, are moaning threnodies of grief, dirges of gloom, wails of lament - in short,they're Singin' the Blues.

Permit us just this once to feel joy in their misery. I admit it. It feels
absolutely great to know that eco-fascists are tearing their hair out over
Bush's allowing oil to be drilled out of ANWR, that Judas Jim Jeffords is
reduced to a powerless minority sch***k on Capitol Hill, that House Democrats are about to follow Nancy Pelosi like lemmings over a left-wing cliff.

There's so much to feel great about. But most gratifying of all is the utter
anguish of that epitome of moral pretentiousness, the Hollywood Left. Of
course, it's pleasing to know that same anguish is being experienced by the editors of the New York Times, by the-Jennings-Brokaw-Rather,Juan Anderson, Larry King, Wolf Blitzer and by hordes of Ivy League university professors. The most satisfying schadenfreude, however, is with Michael Moore.

So let yourself go. Feel free to gloat. The president and his people can't.
But you and I can. Just this once.

SBD
Sure does feel good !!!
Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
We will not gloat, if they will not whine

I had a whole lot of fun yesterday looking at the total vote counts.

Remember how often we hear Bill Clinton was Americas most 'popular' president. Look and see what the total votes were for Clinton -vs- total votes for Bush and Kerry!

Kerry got a whole lot more votes than Clinton ever did.... GWB.... wellll... he got a whole mess more than either of them ever have.
tony54
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only reason Clinton ever got elected was because Perot the parrot took +/- 20% of the votes from Bush Senior. Not many Democrats voted for Perot!
Clinton got elected and re-elected with way less than 50% of the votes.
Democrats know that as well as anybody, that’s why they tried so hard to keep Nader off the ballots in as many states as they could.
With Nader in play in all the states Lurch would have been trounced!
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am feeling pretty dam “GAY” in the original form of the word of course. The queer's already redefined one word and now they are working on redefining another “marriage” and Michael Moore has redefined the word documentary.

CWV

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glenn Beck did a day of gloating on his radio show Nov 3rd. It was a Hoot. Best day of Gloating one could have. If you have not had a gloat day, schedule one before Inauguration Day. After that there is work to do.
tony54
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to repeat myself, but being able to say this makes me feel great!

Kerry, Kennedy, Michael Moore, Springsteen, Streistand, Estrich, Rather , Mapes, Jessy Jackass, Jimmahh Carter, Terrezzaaa, Kofi Chirac....................
Eat your hearts out!
The people have spoken.
Don't go away mad!
Go crawl under a rock and take a large dose of white raisins with you.
Kerry was, is, has been a looser since 1966!
I had more respect for Saddam, at least he
knew and we knew he was the enemy.

PS: You all rolled the dice, You LOST!

Quit whining and GET A LIFE!
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It saddens me that people take joy in others grief!----------NOT. And now without further adou, Im going to skip all the way to the mail box singing my new song(Ha Ha Ha---HA Ha-----Loser Loser----Loooser----Na Na Na----Na Na.
Im going to make up a second verse for tommorows trip!
Arty Guy
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually one has to give Michael Moore a bit of credit for graciousness on the Tonight Show recently. It was his first public appearance since the election and he did not rant or whine, but merely observed that Bush got more votes and that there was another election in four years. He showed up with a haircut and in a new business suit. His sense of humor did not escape him. When Leno commented about his new look Moore cracked, "If you can't beat 'em, look like 'em." I never thought I would be writing a kind word about Moore.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: