SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Staples-Sinclair Discussion
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RNO
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:00 pm    Post subject: Staples-Sinclair Discussion Reply with quote

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/CA491503.html?display=Breaking+News&referral=SUPP...It seems they did not like the fact that Vets spoke out against Kerry...I for one will not spend another penny at Staples...If this has allready been posted please delte

Wes Parker
USAF
Viet Nam 1965-1966

Mod note:Edited to fix URL
Topic updated 1/06

coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DITTO

Not one penny from the business I own will be spent at Staples.

CWV

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police

Last edited by coldwarvet on Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
gmez2001
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No money from this business either. I will,however, give them a few emails . $$#@&*(^%)
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got off the phone at Staples 800-338-0252 and they confirmed that they are not going to advertise with Sinclair Broadcasting because they want to remain non political. I informed them that they have chosen sides by selecting the one media outlet that was willing to get the facts about John Kerry out to punish, and that your decision makers need to go read the 4/22/71 Kerry testimony for themselves and as they are reading it think about how these words must have effected the 100s of POW”s that were being tortured at the time. And then think about the 10’s of thousands of POW flags you see dotting America’s landscape, and then think about all of the veterans and supporters of veterans who fly those flags showing up at the door steps of their local Staples in protest of your decision. So what ever kind of pressure you are receiving from the left it will pale to the 26 million veterans that will be descending upon you.

CWV

Last edited by coldwarvet on Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:51 am; edited 3 times in total
tony54
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent them an e-mail, this is it word for word:

How in the world can you people justify pulling your ads from Sinclair Broadcasting for being biased?
All they did was show a documentary, with nothing but the truth, if the truth hurts anybody, so be it.
Now CBS was biased and used forged documents to reinforce that bias, are you going to pull ads from CBS?
Or is biased OK if YOU agree with it?
If thats the case then I can be biased too!
I own a tool supply company in Eastlake Ohio, and have a Staples nearby where I get my office supplies.
I guess I can drive a little farther and take my buisiness to Office Max.
At least they are not biased......
Thank You
Tony Marinelli
Lake Tools Inc.
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the link: Staples Withdraws. I just sent the following email to: other@orders.staples.com and already have received an automated response.

I just learned that you have withdrawn advertising from Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., because they were biased. It may have escaped your attention that CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN, Washington Post, LA Times, New York Times and many others have revealed a very leftist bias now and during the presidential campaign. Most of us view Sinclair as a minor offset against such powerful media. In any event, I won't be using your products anymore even though Office Depot is a bit less convenient. thx. Tom Poole, Plano, TX
ILUVTHEUSA
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wrote Staples the following letter and received a form reply:

Quote:
Hello,
I have just read a news article entitled, "Staples Pulls Advertising From Sinclair
News Programming Perceived as Biased" on the Washington Post website and I must say I am completely dismayed. I and my husband are frequent shoppers at Staples and I really think that this decision actually SHOWS a BIAS that STAPLES is guilty of. I have seen MANY companies advertise throughout CBS's and NBC's airing of many inflammatory stories that have not held up to scrutiny (forged documents and Kitty Kelley's book) regarding the TRUTH and yet none of these companies (possibly including Staples) have pulled their advertising during the CBS and NBC news shows. I do not consider myself an extremist in either direction, but I DO believe in fairness and I would have loved to see a story about the POWs and the effect of John Kerry's actions on their lives. I think it was necessary since I believe our presidential election is of extreme importance to this country. I knew nothing of the Vietnam War and after seeing this, I went and read many books and articles about this time period. I feel the more I know, the more I am able to make an informed decision.
Your company is NOT being fair and I find it deplorable.
I hope you reconsider your actions in this case because I can assure you I will NOT shop at Staples any longer if this will be your policy in the future. I will also make everyone I know aware of this as I am forwarding the article to all my friends and family so that they are aware of your company's decision. We have Office Max, Office Depot, and a variety of other stores that sell the same types of items that Staples sells, so the switch to these stores will not be a hardship to us.
I just emailed the article to everyone I know. I really hope there is a backlash to this! Twisted Evil
~ILuvTheUsa
army72
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've used Staples for our supplies at work. Looks like they are going to lose a little more business. When they decide to go against our vets they decide against our families and friends as well. Pass this on. They are making a political statement by going against these good people.
minnie presley
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:45 am    Post subject: staples Reply with quote

I shop at staples because I live in a small community 50 miles out of albuquerque, and their is a staples, halfway, just sent e-mail will not be shopping there in the future will wait till I go to town and shop at office depot and costco, also I think this info should be forwarded to hannity and rush
ILUVTHEUSA
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just checked out the page in the sinclair action website http://www.sinclairaction.org/contact/point.aspx and started writing emails to all the companies listed to let them know I do NOT want advertisers to pull their advertising from Sinclair Broadcast news shows. I hope many others do the same.
I have gone through this website briefly and am sick! They have many companies listed with STAPLES at the top with a line through it to indicate "one down, the rest to go".
~ILuvTheUsa
Snipe
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch! Walmart and Walgreens hurts. I though that Walmart was a
conservative bunch.

Sad
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The day has come to take our POW flags down off their post & post them in front of our local Staples stores. LETS PICK A DATE & TIME & HIT AS MANY LOCATIONS AS WE CAN. Perhaps we can enlist the Protest Warriors in this effort.

CWV

Lance Corporal

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 4:52 pm    Post subject: read again Reply with quote

Snipe wrote:
Ouch! Walmart and Walgreens hurts. I though that Walmart was a
conservative bunch.

Sad

I think you are mis-interpreting the aim of Sinclair Action. Read their homepage. I'm surprised that Admin hasn't eliminated the link.

They stink, Staple's is misguided, and the battle continues.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: read again Reply with quote

1991932 wrote:
I think you are mis-interpreting the aim of Sinclair Action. Read their homepage. I'm surprised that Admin hasn't eliminated the link.

Actually, I think the link is just as useful a tool for counter-protesting as it is for it's designed purpose...it's nice to know who they're targeting and how to contact them Wink
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if they recanted because of the noise or if they're telling the truth. In any event, Staples and Sinclair are doing business again.

Staples Web Site wrote:
Statement about Staples media buying and Sinclair Broadcasting
To clarify that Staples does not have a policy against advertising on Sinclair Broadcasting news, Staples has the following statement:

Our media buying process with Sinclair Broadcasting stations has recently been misrepresented by an organization with no affiliation to Staples. Staples regularly drops and adds specific programs from our media buying schedule, as we evaluate and adjust how to best reach our customers. We do not let political agendas drive our media buying decisions. Staples does not support any political party. We advertise with a variety of media outlets, but do not necessarily share the same views of these organizations or what they report. As we have done for a number of years, Staples will continue to advertise on Sinclair Broadcasting stations. Staples Misrepresented

Admin note: Tom...thanks for the heads-up on this Staple's clarification. Based on that I'll update the topic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: