SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Did Swift Vets Tell the Truth?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lovevets
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 9:50 pm    Post subject: Did Swift Vets Tell the Truth? Reply with quote

I am new at this site but in a nutshell, I am thankful that you wonderful Vets (and I do love vets AND soldiers), gave me the truth about Kerry. I am a total Republican and would never have voted for him anyway, but of all the nastiness he oozed, these lies about his service really sunk him as a human being for me........ Now, my sister and her friends are not so enlightened- they actually think the Vets lied. What can I say to her? What article can I shove in her face? I am not a person who gives up easily even when dealing with liberals. If this has already been covered here, please point me in the right direction! Thank you.
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If this has already been covered here, please point me in the right direction
Yes this has been addressed at length here. To get you started on your research …..

-- you should view
>the Ads
http://horse.he.net/~swiftpow/index.php?topic=Ads

>the Documentaries go into to specifics re Kerry’s service
http://www.swiftvets.com/swiftvetsandpows/

--peruse our Forum Archives
Research and Resources forum and, for Kerry's post Vietnam activites, the Winter Soldier forum

take some time, have a cup of coffee handy, and browse the pages in the forums for topics to find what you are looking for, there is a lot of documentation here
-- look for articles by Thomas Lipscomb

Also, one of our Mods, Bob Chamberlain has some extensive analysis at his website
http://www.betrayed-vietnam-vet.info/index.html
KERRY INDICTED: THE CASE AGAINST JOHN KERRY
KERRY'S RECORD WAR HERO?? NOT EXACTLY

-- may I suggest getting the book Unfit For Command

there's a start, happy reading
Wink
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lovevets wrote:
...my sister and her friends are not so enlightened- they actually think the Vets lied. What can I say to her? What article can I shove in her face?...

kate wrote:
...To get you started...

I agree completely with what kate said and would like to add the following. Invariably, Silky Pony's worshipers argue "no one ever fakes their medals in-country because it's too dangerous, and the military requires too much documentation." To prepare yourself for that question, I recommend "Stolen Valor" by B. G. Burkett. It's out of print but I found a copy in Half-Priced Books, cheap and in virtually unused, pristine condition. It includes hundreds of anecdotes, photos and data revealing thousands of medal fakers. And be sure to tell them that many of Silky's pals in the VVAW were not Vietnam Veterans and many more were not even Veterans.
Slednfool
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The epilogue to Unfit is a good place to start. http://members.humaneventsonline.com/offers/offer.php?id=UC012

If it is no longer available there, I can e-mail you the file.

Here is a good review of the media distortions concerning the Swifties. See #2 http://www.mediaresearch.org/projects/worst/welcome.asp

Keep up the fight, I am also still working on family members, hoping that someday they will see the light.
army72
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

loveVets,
If you would really like to make a point with you sister and her friends, use Kerry's own words and deeds. You'll never get them to believe what the Swiftees say, but if they can read from Kerry's own records and accounts as well as seeing the meetings with the enemy and Winter Soldier as posted above, they will at least see that his deeds are very unfit.

Indeed, there are family members that I cannot convince myself, I've showed the the DVD's, showed them articles in his own words but they insist it's all a part of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy the Hillary dreamed up. Sometimes people really do not want to see what is behind the curtain. At that point nothing you can do will convince them he's anything but a hero. They might read the Main Stream Media thus get a very limited biased insight about him. Good luck.

I think a great point would be to ask what these guys have to gain from telling their story. They are from every part of the political spectrum yet still managed to get together for one thing they readily agree on. Kerry ain't good! These are real heroes that decided the country is more important than jumping on the Kerry bandwagon and gaining from it. They chose the country above all, that tells a lot.
OS3_USN_72
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 6:46 pm    Post subject: What ever happened....? Reply with quote

What ever happened in the quest to find out about John Kerry's discharge? It seems as thought this would really be the "icing on the cake" and should certainly keep him out of our country's political future,

Frankly, all has been quiet.....too quiet, since 03 November.

I sure wish that we believers, and even more so, all the doubters, would finally get some closure on the John "the pretender" Kerry story.

DC in Texas
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 10:04 pm    Post subject: Re: What ever happened....? Reply with quote

OS3_USN_72 wrote:
What ever happened in the quest to find out about John Kerry's discharge? It seems as thought this would really be the "icing on the cake" and should certainly keep him out of our country's political future,

Frankly, all has been quiet.....too quiet, since 03 November.

I sure wish that we believers, and even more so, all the doubters, would finally get some closure on the John "the pretender" Kerry story.

DC in Texas

welcome aboard! you joined in Nov and this is your first post?
quiet is not always bad.... closure will come....
we're waiting for Kerry to file that lawsuit! Laughing Laughing Laughing
(just kidding - tho it would be great!)
Kerry made many mistakes.... and misunderestimated Vietnam Veterans and their supporters! That was a bad move....
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: