SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Will YOU Help ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marine's Wife
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:45 am    Post subject: Will YOU Help ? Reply with quote

Today, I rec. a letter from General Tommy Franks. There was a picture enclosed of a young man,woman, and two babies.

The young man,a 29 year old Staff Sgt. had been killed in action in Afghanistan by an Al-Qaida booby trap.

These young people have names. They are real. The widow had to drop out of nursing school to feed,and care for her babies.

Families like this one need our help. You can write to or send donations to this address.

Enduring Freedom KIA Fund

P.O.Box 96371

Washington,DC 20090-6371

We've seen wall to wall coverage of the tidal wave disaster for 2 weeks. Nations, "stars," and politicians all trying to outdo each other in their "giving." I'm truly sorry for all the lost lives,and shattered families. But ......... I cry for the shattered lives,and families here at home too. I don't see or hear of Congress,movie stars, and the public doing a thing for our troops or their families!

Seeing a young man wearing a bin Laden T shirt,and hearing how some of these families are selling orphaned children to perverts as s-x slaves didn't do a thing for my spirit of giving either!
enya2

http://p221.ezboard.com/bvoicesofpatriots
Mother
Former Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for posting that! I agree with your sentiments about direction on giving. Perhaps you or a spokesman could take the message to the media. Don't yell at me!

American relief efforts need redirection. Kofi can direct world relief funds where he thinks they are needed, right? Our folks need more of our help.

Articulation is important, so that it doesn't look like the government is leaving these our own high and dry. Yes, pun intended. It's easy to post signs in the schools to help flood victims. Any suggestions on how to redirect a focus for this would sure be helpful. I'll do what I can do at the local level, but give need some pointers-especially when the war hits home and we've got KIA in our communities.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: