SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rice Confirmation Hearings
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:56 pm    Post subject: Rice Confirmation Hearings Reply with quote

I just got home and turned on the hearings in time to hear Sen. Boxer from CA reading, Sec of State nominee Rice, the riot act three ways from Sunday.

Boxers conduct is absolutely disrespectful of everyone and everything. I am dumbfounded.

Further Boxer has clearly had a multi thousand dollar 'Makeover' just for this little grandstanding show. Yet somehow although she seems to have hired some one with a sense of fashion, she has yet to grasp the issues concerned with the curent war we are in. She sure has her priorities straight.
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Rice Confirmation Hearings Reply with quote

Uisguex Jack wrote:
I just got home and turned on the hearings in time to hear Sen. Boxer from CA reading, Sec of State nominee Rice, the riot act three ways from Sunday.

Boxers conduct is absolutely disrespectful of everyone and everything. I am dumbfounded.

Further Boxer has clearly had a multi thousand dollar 'Makeover' just for this little grandstanding show. Yet somehow although she seems to have hired some one with a sense of fashion, she has yet to grasp the issues concerned with the curent war we are in. She sure has her priorities straight.

wow....you are so polite!Wink Thank goodness Condi put her in her place and soon....I was about to jump through the tv and do very untoward things to Mz. Boxer.
RogerRabbit
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was also some idiot babbling on about the deficit . I am still wondering what financial matters comes into play with the State Department. Seems he should be asking Sec of Treasury those questions, but as he does not have to be confirmed again I guess Senator Idiot threw the $hit into the fan here
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would add how interesting it is that JFKerry would finally bother to show up for something, just in time to question Condi's integrity and loyalty to her country.
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Rice Confirmation Hearings Reply with quote

What else should we expect from Comrade Boxer (Soc-CA). She is the point witch for the Libs. Just re-elected, no problems. She is the one who objected to the Ohio electoral vote. She puts the left in Left-Coast.
Bystander
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After 'centaur skerry' finished barbecuing Dr. Rice, next up was Sen. Coleman. His first comment was to welcome skerry back--something like 'nice to see you back.' Idiot me--didn't catch on until Lurch said something like 'I'm sure all those on your side agree. Let's pass a resolution.' Laughing Laughing

That Sen. Coleman is the greatest! I wish he were my senator rather than comb-over Levin and Weight Watchers challenged Stabenow. Evil or Very Mad
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Condi can hold her own, I just wish they would tell boxer to shut her face when her time is up. Actually I wanted Condi to take off her shoe and tear into her!
I really enjoyed watching sour grape lurch, After Bidon and Dodd got done slapping him on the back he goes right back to trash mouthing about the last 4 years of this admins policies.
He just cant quit talking about what (unknown) foriegn leaders tell only him. He comes back from Iraq to tell us they (our military I guess) keep asking him, where are we going? What a leader that traitor would have made!
He needs to quit reffering to our warriors as "kids", If he sees a kid where a man stands he should slap him. Then we will find out who the kid is.
His jaw keeps flapping when his time is up and he interupts the senate hearings.
I can only hope the good people of Mass. see what a loser kerry is and send him packing asap, and if they are smart they will send swimmer ted with him! Cool
AMOS
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:24 pm    Post subject: Never make it. Reply with quote

I'd never make through one tenth of one of their moronic confirmation hearings. P.C. I am not. Some probably already knew that.
Snipe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw about 45 minutes of the hearing over lunch. One thing that you
don't have to worry about is some idiot Senator "beating up"on Condie.
That is one smart woman who can stuff any Senator (including Kerry
and Boxer) into a dumpster without raising her voice or breaking into
a sweat. I've never seen that woman lose her cool...EVER. Isn't that
a refreshing change over Madeline Albright? I think that State will be
in good hands.

(^_^)
GM Strong

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boxer, Kerry, Biden et al are just showing themselves as the buffoons they are. As Rush says, if they want to be idiots, just get out of the way and let everyone see it. Condi can handle them without a doubt.
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bystander
I too am in Michigan and have the misfortune of being represented
by Senator Glasses-Perched-On-The-End Of-His-Nose Levin.

Kerry was playing Mr Know It All. He is back from meeting with all
those World Leaders and knows the inside scoop on everything.
He tells Condi that the Germans can train far more Iraqis than
they are now doing. Condi very cooly and calmly rebuts,"If the
Germans are willing to do that, they should TELL US".
I love it! She will make a GREAT SecState!
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm listening to these procedings through a bug-induced fever and still boiling mad.

When she says that she will educate herself about a matter with which she is not comfortable providing answers, today (world currency) she is lectured like a child and the derision barely disguised.

This reminds me of the 911 Commission hearings.... where are the elephants and horseback riders and the trapeze artists?

The grilling that this prospective Sec of State is much deeper than I've ever seen - even Colin Powell wasn't expected to know some of the things that Dr. Rice has been expected to know.

Can't help but grin when she gets one in there of her own, though. I missed the one about Germany, so thanks. Wink

Go Condi - the chattering monkeys are making themselves apparent, posturing as ringmasters. And so are the horses - at least the parts of their anatomies that are on the south end, going north. Wink

And Condi herself may be the trapeze artist - swinging through all the bullsnit, making the appropriate catches and changes in direction with aplomb. And while I haven't watched the entire day, I haven't seen her fall, once. Smile

PS - I think Levin is going for the Ben Franklin look.... and missing. He resembles nothing so much as a weasel who needs glasses.

minnie presley
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:42 pm    Post subject: hearings Reply with quote

I am so upset , shamme on kery the traitor and that whacko boxer, who do they think they are, condi is smarter than the two put together, and I am angry with Luger, he did nothing to stop them when they went over time, boxer looks like a bag lady
GM Strong

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry showed more respect for the Prime Minister of Syria than he did Dr. Rice. He is a comtemptable hustler while Dr. Rice showed nothing short of poise and class.
AMOS

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:16 am    Post subject: I prefer Reply with quote

I prefer Barnum and Bailey, they have better clowns. Hope the whole world isn't watching. How embarrassing. To think of the money we pay these no-minds............just shoot me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: