SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Celebrities bore me...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:24 am    Post subject: Celebrities bore me... Reply with quote

Watching the Rwanda/Sudan aid relief for the families or friends of families no longer on the face of the earth of 2 million+ dead concert. Grrr, I mean the 200k+ people drowned, because their governements didn't want to disrupt the vacations of a lot of europeans relief fund. Couple of things have struck me. The singers suck at singing and the actors are boring as hell. They should of employed some damn good writers so the actors sound intelligent and captivating and digitally modified Madonnas voice. My lord, Madonna you are a horrible singer.

GenrXr out!

Last edited by GenrXr on Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:02 am; edited 2 times in total
scotty61
LCDR

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It used to be that a celebrity helped people because they wanted to share their good fortune. Now some only want to help only if they can be showcased as caring people.

I'm a Shriner, as were celebrities such as John Wayne, Glenn Ford, Johnny Cash, Irving Berlin, Clark Gable, Gene Autry, Burl Ives, Red Skelton, Count Basie and Cecil B. DeMille. These guys gave millions of dollars to fund our children's hospitals and did not need a TV show to feed their egos. Many, in fact, went out of their way to not publicize it.

There is just something unseemly about making a big deal over how much you "care".
GenrXr

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Wayne defined what an American male is. Although few can achieve it and Wayne himself failed in marriage, he showed us how. He is as American as apple pie and showed us the core of Judeo-Christian values and how we can implement it. He was a true warrior. Flawed? Yes, But a warrior better then most.
GenrXr

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scotty, you speak words of wisdom.
wwIIvetsdaughter
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tuned in for a few minutes (I don't need a "celeb" to tell me I outta give money) just to check it out and cemented a thought I have had about "celebs" for some time now: without a script, most of them can't speak a cohesive paragraph. Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: