SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Graner Gets 10 Years. I've about had it.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AMOS
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:15 pm    Post subject: Graner Gets 10 Years. I've about had it. Reply with quote

UN-FORKING-BELIEVABLE!!! President Bush, give Graner a pardon, now.

As I recall, my Marine drill instructor would then deserve a sentence of at least a couple of years.

Where am I?
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why were those idiots so sloppy and of poor discipline to be taking pictures and posing for the camera? I agree none of them did anything which deserved prison time, but where in the hell was the break down in the chain of command which facillitated sloppy stupid behavior. I am very upset at seeing enlisted people going to jail and am wondering where the hell their superior officers are. They call this guy the ring leader, but I beg to argue he has a commanding officer who was derelict in his or her duty. I still want that Bgdr Gen female to fall for this whole mess. She was not watching her soldiers and must be the one to take the blame.
noyesj
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:04 pm    Post subject: Marine Reply with quote

I believe you and I should place the blame for all of this where it

belongs, directly on Mary Mapps!!!!
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear the officers watch them like hawks now, a little too late I'd say.
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why were cameras anywhere near that joint? what murdering ******* prisoners do in thier free time is of no concern. what rips my shorts is they had a *******-US hating-prisoner-muslim-killer testify that sadam was better than the frigon treatment he got. like I could give a rusty **** Evil or Very Mad

[img] http://www.ericsworld.org/Images/febuary2004/idiot.jpg[/img]
chemical_boy
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abu Ghraib was a complete failure of Discipline...England wasn't even supposed to be in the prison, she was support staff not an MP

Watching Michael Moores every Move
GM Strong

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graner and Lynndie are both sleazy. All the signs seem to have been there that should have precluded them from being where they were. They embarrassed the rest of us and dishonored the uniform they wore for their own Sh**s and grins. I feel badly that a child is now in the mix. What kind of life will that kid have. There are bad people. While I don't feel any or much sympathy for the Prisoners, these people were not justified in their behaviors.
AMOS

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:59 pm    Post subject: At least Reply with quote

What they did maybe was a little over the top, but TEN YEARS? That's way over. At least they didn't cut their heads off. Probably would have gotten 15 years for that and there would be less mouths to feed.
GM Strong

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: At least Reply with quote

AMOS wrote:
What they did maybe was a little over the top, but TEN YEARS? That's way over. At least they didn't cut their heads off. Probably would have gotten 15 years for that and there would be less mouths to feed.

2-3 would have been adequate.
Snipe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the published court martial results can be real heavy, but
there's a review and maybe the Commanding General will quietly
drop the sentence down to reasonable proportions. Don't these
people have a First Sergeant or some sort of adult supervision?
GM Strong

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snipe wrote:
Well, the published court martial results can be real heavy, but
there's a review and maybe the Commanding General will quietly
drop the sentence down to reasonable proportions. Don't these
people have a First Sergeant or some sort of adult supervision?

The commander at the time was Gen. Janis Krapinsky, what does that tell you? (I'm referring to her record, not the fact it was a woman.) Krapinsky was a Clintonoid/ Patsy Schroeder PC promotion and never should have been in charge of anything. When this came up she promptly passed the buck and was sunsequently relieved. I hope they retired her as she was worthless.
Nutso
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AS I remember the military this is status quo, the officers are around to collect the praise, the pay and the benefits, but never get the blame or do any of the real work.
GM Strong

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nutso wrote:
AS I remember the military this is status quo, the officers are around to collect the praise, the pay and the benefits, but never get the blame or do any of the real work.

I wouldn't go that far. There are the Wesley Clark/ Courtney Massengale/ John Kerry types, but plenty of Ollie North, Tommy Franks, Norman Shwartzkoff/ Admiral Roy Hoffmann leaders too make up for it. Problem is the Clark/Kerry types go looking for cameras (or bring them along), the caliber of Ollie North and the Franks/Hoffman types do the job and avoid the cameras and press' bootlickers. Same for much of the lower ranking Officers and Sr. non-coms.
scotty61
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cortney Massengale? Tell me that you're refering to the character in "Once an Eagle". It would be too much to have a flaming @ss like that in real life and with the same name.
GenrXr

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GM Strong wrote:
Nutso wrote:

I wouldn't go that far. There are the Wesley Clark/ Courtney Massengale/ John Kerry types, but plenty of Ollie North, Tommy Franks, Norman Shwartzkoff/ Admiral Roy Hoffmann leaders too make up for it. Problem is the Clark/Kerry types go looking for cameras (or bring them along), the caliber of Ollie North and the Franks/Hoffman types do the job and avoid the cameras and press' bootlickers. Same for much of the lower ranking Officers and Sr. non-coms.

I would like to say look at the difference between Admiral Nimitz and McArthur during WWII.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: