SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Terry McAuliffe: Swiftees defined the moment

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 8:31 am    Post subject: Terry McAuliffe: Swiftees defined the moment Reply with quote

S'long Terry...thanks for the memories (and the Congress and the White House)

Quote:
Outgoing party chair says Democrats held back in '04
McAuliffe calls the campaign's unwillingness to criticize Bush's record a 'mistake'
By TIMOTHY SPENCE
Feb. 10, 2005
Copyright 2005 Hearst News Service

WASHINGTON - Outgoing Democratic chairman Terry McAuliffe on Thursday outlined mistakes he said his party made in Sen. John Kerry's unsuccessful 2004 presidential campaign, including the failure to attack the Bush administration record at the national convention and loss of support among Roman Catholics.

"I think it was a mistake not to go after George Bush at the convention," McAuliffe said, referring to the party's Boston gathering in July where speakers avoided direct criticism of the commander-in-chief at a time when U.S. troops were fighting in Iraq.

"We did not do an effective job of delinking Iraq from the war on terror," McAuliffe said. "The message we have to convey across the country is the Democratic Party will protect you after 9/11."

Republicans meeting a month later in New York did not hold back. They lambasted Kerry as a liberal Democrat from Massachusetts who was out of touch with the political mainstream, and accused him of flip-flopping on social issues and the Iraq war.

McAuliffe said the anti-Kerry advertisements in August that questioned Kerry's record as a young naval lieutenant commanding a river gunboat "were a defining moment in the campaign" because the Democrats weren't quick enough to respond to the attacks. The ads were paid for by Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, and the groups's supporters had links to the Bush re-election campaign.

Houston Chronicle
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The left has even come up with a new catch-word Laughing Swiftboat-izing.

Of course, to them, it means slander and lying, but we all know the truth.

I found a link to an article using that on an adverserial forum that rhymes with "P" "U" Wink

Obviously, they are taken aback at seeing a real grassroots effort materialize and be so effective.
Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quoting McCaulif #1/#10 wrote:
Quote:
because the Democrats weren't quick enough to respond to the attacks. The ads were paid for by Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, and the group’s supporters had links to the Bush re-election campaign.

This is a orphan of the democrats logic. What possible response could there be to counter the vast majority of Kerry's peers from the era in question, his fellow Swift Boat Command and enlisted sailors.

Kerry's problem, the gargantuan Pink Elephant he laid as the foundation to his credibility as a potential Commander In Chief was that the dozen or so fellow veterans and sailors he paraded around were all he had to back up his stories. This countered by hundreds and thousands of his peers and ultimately tens if not hundreds of thousands of veterans who know Kerry as the man he is. The man who for twenty years in the Senate voted down every Military spending bill which came his way.

The great American Hero of 'Winter Soldier' (bleech)

So what response could they have used:
Quote:
The ads were paid for by Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, and the group’s supporters had links to the Bush re-election campaign.
This is no response.

Kerry and the DNC opted to open Pandora’s box of Kerry's Military record and Windsurf a very dynamic slalom course on the force 10 winds which came out once the box was open. The only response which had any chance at all was to try and batten that box shut and pray nothing ever came to light..... without having made such an ass of himself 'reporting for duty' at the DNC convention.
Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And another thing, now that I'm woke up.... this Howard Dean dung.

Grassroots!

Look at this as pure physics..... water flowing down a stream if you will....

Like a sailor aware of the sea around him... or her. Dean is no Wunder Kind of organization and fundraising. Without Soros having primed the well of fundraising with 30million or so Dean would have been nothing.

He was a happenstance bit of fallout from the 'online' efforts of Moveondotorg. He happened to be on line with his hand out asking for donations just as the Soros millions geared into directing the mass of uninformed voters to donate to someone 'on line'

There was/is/won't be nothing grassroots about Dean at all. He was just one lucky puppet who happened to be in the right place at the right time.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uisguex Jack wrote:
So what response could they have used:
Quote:
The ads were paid for by Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, and the group’s supporters had links to the Bush re-election campaign.
This is no response.

Jack...

Recently, while researching some data that I've since forgotten, I had the good fortune to stumble onto a Newsweek article from last September which attempted to chronicle both Kerry's consternation with and his decision to launch a strong attack against the Swift Vet charges.

In hindsight, it's a laugh riot. Actually addressing the charges seems to have been curiously overlooked in the counter-campaign.

"GET VALLELY!" I had visions of Don Corleone with that one...
"Bring me Luca Brasi" Laughing

Quote:
In Bush's Shadow
Striking Back: Reeling from tough attacks and bad advice, Kerry launches a counteroffensive against a resurgent president

By Richard Wolffe and Susannah Meadows
Newsweek

Sept. 13 issue - John Kerry wanted to hit back. It had been a miserable August as he took incoming fire about his military service from a gang of hostile Vietnam vets. But no, campaign manager Mary Beth Cahill and other staffers argued, the Swift Boat ads would blow over. Finally, Kerry had had enough. For three or four days, as he campaigned across the country, Kerry ripped into Cahill, furious that the mostly baseless attacks on his valor were driving his numbers down. "He was very angry," one old friend says. "The calculation had been made that this wasn't going to hurt him." Kerry's solution was to reach for an old ally. "Get Vallely," he screamed.

Newsweek - cont'd

Last edited by Me#1You#10 on Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
gmez2001
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Terry McAuliffe: Swiftees defined the moment Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:

McAuliffe said. "The message we have to convey across the country is the Democratic Party will protect you after 9/11."

Houston Chronicle[/size]
[/quote]

The Democratic party cannot and will not protect americans for they believe in appeasement to solve all of the world problems. The Republican ideology is for diplomacy first and when all FAILS military force.

Case in point,who gave the nuclear power plant to North Korea and the rocket technology to China in the 90's? Mr.Billy Bob Clintoon,with promises from N.Korea not to engage in bomb making, gave all of the above to these countries and within six months N.Korea was caught making and offering for sale Nukes with promises completely forgotten.

Later,another appeasing effort,Clintoon writes them out a check for $7 billion aid package effectively buying them off for a few months.;"we don't have enough milk for our babies".

Now here's a country with 22 million population and a 2 million man standing army and cannot feed itself!
Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given the source I am pleased to be referred to as a member of a 'gang' as opposed to a 'group' or 'Grassroots effort'. Great bit of diction on what I believe is Evan Thomas's watch.

The article was a fun read but there was a damn vonage pop up add covering some of the print early on.
Jarhead
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Terry McAuliffe: Swiftees defined the moment Reply with quote

[quote="gmez2001"]
Me#1You#10 wrote:

The Democratic party cannot and will not protect americans for they believe in appeasement to solve all of the world problems. The Republican ideology is for diplomacy first and when all FAILS military force.

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile - hoping it will eat him last.
Sir Winston Churchill
British politician (1874 - 1965)

"I am a bold Internationalist, I will only disperse American troups around the world at the discretion of the United Nations" - John Kerry

$UCK THE CORRUPT UNITED NATIONS - I am a Jarhead and I approve this message
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McAuliffe takes a parting shot Kerry at the DNC Meeting, in addition to a shot at the Catholic Church

emphasis mine

http://newsmax.com/archives/ic/2005/2/12/104838.shtml
Saturday, Feb. 12, 2005 10:47 a.m. EST
McAuliffe Blasts Catholic Church

Quote:
"I was very dismayed at the Catholic Church in last year's election," McAuliffe told the crowd, which had gathered to give him a grand send off. "The way they went into their pulpits and told people it was a sin to vote for John Kerry was nothing short of just outrageous.

Quote:
Next a bitter-sounding McAuliffe turned his fire on John Kerry.

After praising Kerry for giving his failed presidential bid "everything he had," McAuliffe complained that his attacks on President Bush were too weak.

The top Dem cited Kerry's acceptance speech at the Democratic convention as a prime example.

"I think, to be honest with you, [Kerry's speech] was ridiculous," McAuliffe said.

When he received the final approved draft of his convention speech, he recalled, "I just threw it in the air and said, 'Why don't we just say George Bush is a great guy?'"

"Meanwhile," the outgoing chairman griped, "[Republicans] go to New York and spend four days ripping our face off and they go up 10 points in the polls."

the Dems eat their own, at their own party...
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kate wrote:
the Dems eat their own, at their own party...

Their candidate's name was the Honorable Anyone B. Bush...McAuliffe knows that.
Dimsdale
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
McAuliffe said the anti-Kerry advertisements in August that questioned Kerry's record as a young naval lieutenant commanding a river gunboat "were a defining moment in the campaign" because the Democrats weren't quick enough to respond to the attacks.

In actuality, the defining moment came when Kerry refused to respond to the "attacks" because he couldn't. The only thing that would refute the Swiftee allegations was his record, and whatever was in the record was bad, and bad enough to sacrifice his chance for the presidency.

That is why he still refuses to release the records.

Sometimes, the term "loser" is just inadequate for the job!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: