SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Soros on Kerry 'Flawed Candidate'
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:05 pm    Post subject: Soros on Kerry 'Flawed Candidate' Reply with quote

Good interesting read. This guy Soros is bad news.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=71000001&refer=top_world_news&sid=aqkoN4tLMDv8

Quote:
Soros Says Kerry's Failings Undermined Campaign Against Bush

Jan. 30 (Bloomberg) -- Billionaire investor George Soros, the biggest financial contributor to the failed effort to defeat President George W. Bush in November's election, said Democratic challenger John Kerry was a flawed candidate.

Soros, chairman of Soros Fund Management LLC, spent $26 million in last year's campaign that he said was undermined by the candidate he supported.

``Kerry did not, actually, offer a credible and coherent alternative,'' Soros, 74, said yesterday in an interview at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland. ``That had a lot to do with Bush being re-elected.''

The comments by the Hungarian-born Soros marked his sharpest criticism of Kerry, a Vietnam War veteran who later spoke against the war and focused his campaign against Bush on the war in Iraq. Republicans gained four seats in the Senate, including the defeat of the Senate's highest-ranking Democrat, Minority Leader Tom Daschle of South Dakota. Republicans have 55 seats in the 100-seat chamber.

The Kerry campaign ``tried to emphasize his role as a Vietnam War hero and downplay his role as an anti-Vietnam War hero, which he was,'' said Soros. ``Had he admitted, owned up to it, I think actually the outcome could have been different.''

Alternative Needed

Soros said he also now questions ``what the Democratic party stands for.'' Democrats need to counter ``a very effective conservative message machine,'' he said. ``There really needs to be an alternative.''

Still, Soros said the money he spent was worthwhile, and that he will remain active in U.S. politics.

``I don't feel it's an investment that's gone bad, because when you stand up for principles you have to do it whether you win or lose,'' Soros said. ``I'm distressed that Bush was re-elected, but I don't feel that I wasted my money.''

Soros donated millions to the Media Fund, a group that ran television, print and radio advertisements against Bush, and America Coming Together, a group that mobilized voters in battleground states such as Ohio and Pennsylvania.

He also personally bought anti-Bush ads in newspapers around the country, and went on a 12-city speaking tour to criticize Bush's foreign policy.

Kerry, a Massachusetts senator, said in a Newsweek interview that he lost because he failed to connect with voters, the magazine reported in its Jan. 10 issue. He also attributed his loss to Bush's head start in organizing and fund-raising, and Bush's advantage of incumbency, particularly at a time of war, the article said.

Spreading Democracy

Soros criticized Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan for cutting the benchmark U.S. interest rate to a four decade low of 1 percent, saying he gave Bush's re-elected chances a boost. ``So as far as I'm concerned, (Greenspan) lost credibility.''

Federal Reserve spokeswoman Michelle Smith declined to comment on Soros's remarks.

While he's not decided whether he'll continue to support candidates, Soros said he wants to raise the issue of America's role in the world. He questioned Bush's call in his inaugural address that the U.S. would seek to spread democracy.

``My conclusion is that America is an open society, the most successful, the most powerful in the world, that doesn't understand the first principle of an open society, namely that we may be wrong,'' he said. ``And as long as we have that position, we are not really qualified to propagate democracy all over the world.''

`Conspicuous' Absence

The Bush administration was ``conspicuous by its absence'' at the World Economic Forum, avoiding a growing consensus that much more needs to be done to alleviate world poverty, eradicate disease, and deal with global warming, Soros said.

``I think if the rest of the world succeeds in getting together to address these problems, reluctantly the Bush administration will have to go along. Because I think American public opinion will push them to do it,'' Soros said.

In a Davos speech, U.K. Prime Minister Tony Blair, the closest U.S. ally in Europe, called on the U.S. to cooperate more with other nations. ``If America wants the rest of the world to be part of the agenda it has set, it must be part of their agenda, too,'' he said Jan. 26.

Soros said he's no longer actively investing and is primarily interested only in earning enough to support $300 million in annual spending on philanthropic and political projects.

Quantum Endowment

``We converted the Quantum Fund into the Quantum Endowment Fund. It's meant to be more like an endowment fund,'' Soros said. ``It's a very different objective from when I was active, trying to make money.''

Mark Schwartz, Soros Fund Management's chief executive officer, left the firm Jan. 3, the sixth senior executive to leave Soros Fund Management since 2000.

Schwartz oversaw a reorganization that involved shedding the real estate, credit and lending units and putting Soros's sons in charge. The sons, Robert, 41, and Jonathan, 34, in October were named co-deputy chairmen of the New York-based firm, which manages about $8.3 billion.

They are in charge of ``overall management, and maybe developing an internal team,'' Soros said. For now, Soros Fund Management is using outside investment managers, he said.
baldeagle
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Kerry 'Flawed Candidate'?

Well, h*!!, most here have known that for the last 35 years. Soros had to spend 27 mill to find out?
"In a word, I want an American character, that the powers of Europe may be convinced we act for ourselves and not for others; this, in my judgment, is the only way to be respected abroad and happy at home." --George Washington
LimaCharlie
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew it back in 1971! Beat you to it George Soros.
ROCK71553
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Soros actually spent millions to elect a "flawed candidate" into the most powerful position (outside of God) in the world? How frightening. Kerry has been impersonating a war hero for years to get elected as Senator, what are his other accomplishments to show?? Clinton did not run on his history of protesting the Vietnam war because he was not proud of it. Soros is a flawed person that is not worthy of his money!!!!
gmez2001
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:15 pm    Post subject: Soros Reply with quote

Soros- flawed donor of the candidate Kerry, "Folks I'd spend another $26 million to get any left-wing candidate in office-don't care,the end justifies the means".
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember that line in the 80's in the movie Wall Street about "you dont make make anything you just buy and sell off the parts." "Greed" as said by and about Michael Douglas (forget his toons name)

Soros doesn't make his money by selling off parts of large companies because that would take time and effort to learn a companies worth. What Soros does is go into third world countries with primitive capital systems and manipulates the currency spread at the detriment of poor people.

He has warrants for his arrest in many countries. A pure opportunist with no regard for people.

He is truly evil. And I bet he wears out his welcome in the US soon. The reason he spends so much money on the Libs is because he is buying a Monopoly get out of jail free card, not because he is a Democrat.

Soros reminds me of the Shah of Iran and when we turned our back.

Yes Soros, Your time of finding no safe refuge is coming.

Message to Libs: The 80's and dismantling of large dinosaur companies which are past their time had to happen. For further investigtion into this obscure phenomenon see the current SBC buying AT&T at a WSJ news stand near you.
gmez2001
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:58 pm    Post subject: Soros Reply with quote

GenX; Another Marc Rich pardon in the making and this time by Hillary 08?
GenrXr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 5:53 am    Post subject: Re: Soros Reply with quote

gmez2001 wrote:
GenX; Another Marc Rich pardon in the making and this time by Hillary 08?

Soros has kept himself clean in the US as far as I know. The reason for his desire to obtain a get out of jail card is for his dealings with Russia. Soros made a pretty penny at their expense and Putin is not happy. Soros should have kept his shady dealings to third world countries without trump cards.
jalexson
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soros would be better off if he spend some of his money on purchasing a new brain for the Demcrats. They party is intelletually bankrupt. Too many of them, like Kerry, are still living in the 60's.
"That awful power, the public opinion of a nation, is created in America by a horde of ignorant, self-complacent simpletons who failed at ditching and shoe making and fetched up in journalism on their way to the poor house."
-- Mark Twain
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does a man like Soros get so wealthy? When ever I make an investment I do my research first. He spent 26 millions on a flawed candidate. I guess he got caught up in the Bush bashing just like the other nine democratic CIC candidates that couldn't even pause from their Bush bashing to look at the Kerry record.

Howard Dean and company in secret are probably talking to themselves "If only those Swift Vets For Truth came out a little earlier”. The fact is that the Swift Vets For Truth did come out back in May of 04 and blinded by their hate for Bush they ignored the Swift Vets For Truth. Soros and the democrats have no one to blame but themselves for putting foreword a flawed candidate.

CWV

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
jalexson
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went on several Democratic forums in Feb. trying to convince them that Kerry was a bad choice, but they wouldn't listen.
"That awful power, the public opinion of a nation, is created in America by a horde of ignorant, self-complacent simpletons who failed at ditching and shoe making and fetched up in journalism on their way to the poor house."
-- Mark Twain
hsalaw
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:32 am    Post subject: Soros Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Soros: Money can't buy everything. Sincerely, Voter4Bush
GenrXr

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone misses Soros motive. Soros wants a leftist marxist revolution where he has a seat at the table. (this enables his corruption to continue without check) His money was well spent if you can see his motive for what it is. Soros could care less whether Kerry got elected, rather he wanted his proxy groups to gain control of the democratic party and he succeeded big time. Moveon.org is his baby and they declared they owned the party shortly after Kerry lost. Dean is moveon.orgs controlled puppet and evidence of Soros firm grip over the Democractic party and their leftist movement. Although the rational won the election these are indeed dangerous times. Soros has more fingers in the cookie jar then most realize. An evil movement led by a diabolically evil man.
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He spent that enormous amount because his greatest fear is that he'll age faster than the country turns progressive. And our greatest fear is that he and his ilk won't.
NYCnative
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellant article!!! So what's Soros up to now? Jumping in bed with Redford. Redford also has the "sundance channel" on TV. So, there will be plenty of movies coming our way... The pig does not give up!

George Soros and the Sundance Kid
By David Yeagley
FrontPageMagazine.com | February 7, 2005

Robert Redford and George Soros surely make one of the oddest couples in American pop culture. For most of us, Redford’s all-American good looks evoke images of the dashing outlaw Harry Longabaugh, better known as the Sundance Kid. By contrast, Soros’ gaunt visage, thousand-yard stare, thick Central European accent, levitating gray hair and megalomaniacal pronouncements weirdly echo those of the “Dr. Strangelove” character in Stanley Kubrick’s 1964 Cold War classic.

The differences between these two men are only skin deep, however. Both owe allegiance to the far left. And both work quietly, in a sinister partnership, to flood U.S. media with anti-American agit-prop in the tradition of Michael Moore.

Most of Redford’s fans know nothing of his radical politics. Redford has successfully appropriated some of America’s most beloved archetypes on the silver screen. Just as an earlier generation identified John Wayne with the manly spirit of the Wild West, baby boomers confuse Robert Redford with the American folk heroes he impersonated on celluloid, from the rugged frontiersman Jeremiah Johnson to the tough but good-hearted pistolero Harry Longabaugh.

But Redford is no John Wayne. The Duke loved America. Redford threatened to leave America for good if George W. Bush won the 2004 election.

Redford has been a major funder of leftwing filmmakers for decades. He provided seed money to help Michael Moore get started. His Sundance Institute, Sundance Film Festival, Sundance Cable Channel and Sundance Documentary Fund all specialize in promoting far-left films and programming.

That’s where the Soros connection comes in. On September 16, 2002, Robert Redford proudly announced at a press conference that he was launching a Sundance International Documentary Fund with $4.6 million in seed money from George Soros’ Open Society Institute (OSI). The new fund would underwrite films aimed at “promoting social justice and social change.”

Redford characterized his new relationship with OSI as a “partnership.” A press release from the Sundance Institute explains how the partnership works. It notes that “the OSI grant supports the transition of the Soros Documentary Fund, originally established in 1996, to the Sundance Institute …” In effect, the Soros Documentary Fund simply changed its name to the Sundance International Documentary Fund. Diane Weyermann, who had directed the "old" fund for Soros, stayed on to direct the "new" fund for Redford.

The deal helped both parties. Redford got access to Soros’ money. Soros got to camouflage his propaganda operation under the apple-pie image of Robert Redford and the respected Sundance label.

“With its… proven success in supporting projects that receive widespread public distribution and acclaim … Sundance Institute offers a compelling home and promising future for the [Soros Documentary] Fund,” commented Soros operative Diane Weyermann.

As a Comanche Indian and American patriot, George Soros’ appropriation of the Sundance label rubs a particularly raw wound in my soul. It’s that word “sundance” that irks me most.

Indian activists of the left have long made careers of attacking schools and professional sports teams for using Indian names, images and logos. However, Soros and Redford have received no such criticism, even though their project bears the name of the most sacred rite of the Lakota Sioux. Why the free pass?

The answer, of course, is that Soros and Redford are leftists. And so are most American Indian activists.

Take, for example, Ward Churchill, co-director of the American Indian Movement of Colorado and an associate professor of American Indian Studies at the University of Colorado/Boulder. Churchill has written that the civilian victims of 9/11 were “little Eichmanns” – “technocrats of empire” – who got what they deserved. You will not hear such talk among real Indians on the reservations, most of whom are the staunchest patriots you’ll ever meet. But among the pampered, overpaid “tribe” of leftwing Indian academics, such crude America-bashing has earned Churchill a place of high honor.

These are the sort of leftwing Indians who pay homage to Soros and Redford. These are the Indian activists who gave them a free pass to use the name “Sundance.”

Just for the record, the outlaw Harry Longabaugh got his nickname “Sundance Kid” from Sundance, Wyoming – a town located in the sacred Black Hills. The town was named after the Lakota ritual.

So I must repeat: Why the free pass? Why do innocent high schools get sued for using the word “Warrior” on their school jerseys, while Soros and Redford flaunt the name “Sundance” with impunity?

Maybe it’s time to revoke that free pass. Maybe it’s time to give the left a taste of its own medicine.

"Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof." -Inscription on the Liberty Bell
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: