SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

For a Good Hard Laugh!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:41 pm    Post subject: For a Good Hard Laugh! Reply with quote

Just read this and I think I'm finally getting over being angry about this stuff.

Rather just makes me laugh and now this little tid bit from senator Boxer:

http://www.washtimes.com/national/20050123-112502-7061r.htm

Quote:
Sen. Barbara Boxer says she is the real victim of last week's confirmation hearing for Secretary of State-designate Condoleezza Rice, yet continued yesterday to question the national security adviser's honesty.
"She turned and attacked me," the California Democrat told CNN's "Late Edition" in describing the confrontation during the Senate Foreign Relations Committee hearing.
"I gave Dr. Rice many opportunities to address specific issues. Instead, she said I was impugning her integrity," Mrs. Boxer said

This is just simple damn funny!
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: For a Good Hard Laugh! Reply with quote

Uisguex Jack wrote:
Just read this and I think I'm finally getting over being angry about this stuff.

Rather just makes me laugh and now this little tid bit from senator Boxer:

http://www.washtimes.com/national/20050123-112502-7061r.htm

Quote:
Sen. Barbara Boxer says she is the real victim of last week's confirmation hearing for Secretary of State-designate Condoleezza Rice, yet continued yesterday to question the national security adviser's honesty.
"She turned and attacked me," the California Democrat told CNN's "Late Edition" in describing the confrontation during the Senate Foreign Relations Committee hearing.
"I gave Dr. Rice many opportunities to address specific issues. Instead, she said I was impugning her integrity," Mrs. Boxer said

This is just simple damn funny!

Mrs. Boxer has a history of attacking anyone in opposition to her and then when they stand up to her the response is I will blame and attack some more. It is so hilarious while she is blaming and attacking Dr. Rice she admits to it as being an effective debating tactic. However I guess in the twisted mind of Mrs. Boxer it is Dr. Rice that has lowered herself to such tactics. When will the fruits & nuts of California ever grow a spine and vote her out of office?

Did any one else find it a bit odd that the writer referenced Senator Boxer as Mrs. Boxer and Dr. Rice as Miss Rice?

CWV

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police

Last edited by coldwarvet on Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Did any one else find it a bit odd that the writer referenced Senator Boxer as Mrs. Boxer and Dr. Rice as Miss Rice?

I missed that, this is a technique I've found in almost everything that comes out of Dan Rather’s mouth.

In earnest this is at the root of why I originally found Fox news, having never heard of it. During the coverage of the Presidential election in 2000 I had been watching NBC with the lovely Katie Couric. Her diction became more and more dynamic putting more and more of a negative spin on any possibility of a Democratic/Gore/Bolshevik loss. I had voted independent as I always have and did not have a horse running in that race.

Couric’s Blatant Bias got me to see this Bill O'Reilly guy while changing the channel. Now I am no big fan of O'Reilly but back in 2000 he was a hell of a bit of fresh air.

In this Washington Times piece though I think the reporter had a few dilemmas to deal with diction wise. What do you call Ms. Rice? Sec. of State Nominee, or National Security Advisor? Either way it is wordy compared with the Mrs., Miss.... or what would have been more correct Ms.

If I were writing the article I would have used 'The Stellar Ms Rice', and 'Buffoon Bimbo Boxer'. (please admin forgive my diction my intent is humor and not in anyway intended to be a slight of the ever endearing Sen. Boxer from the great state of Schwarzenegger)
Arty Guy
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please understand that there were many of us here in the land of fruits & nuts who did not vote for Barbara Boxer. I have never paid any attention to her. Seeing her on the local news is sometimes unavoidable, but she has done nothing to improve her standing in my eyes. I just wonder if she believes her own BS.

The appropriate way to address Dr. Rice is Dr. Rice. I think she may also be properly referred to as "Secretary of State designate".
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Comrade Boxer is nothing less than a parody of herself. She is sanctimonious, arrogant and condecending. All good qualities if you are an Ultra Liberal.
MLB
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I'm mistaken. I'm sure I have forgotten most of the rules of etiquette that I may have ever learned. But - is it not appropriate, in most settings, to need to refer to someone by their official title no more than once, and then as Mr., Mrs., etc. thereafter? And are not members in congress customarily addressed as, Mr., Mrs., Ms., etc. while on the floor? Guess I don't pay enough attention to notice.

Sure don't need to pay much attention to notice how hate filled and bitter Boxer is though! (No respect intended). Mad
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arty Guy wrote:
Please understand that there were many of us here in the land of fruits & nuts who did not vote for Barbara Boxer. I have never paid any attention to her. Seeing her on the local news is sometimes unavoidable, but she has done nothing to improve her standing in my eyes. I just wonder if she believes her own BS.

The appropriate way to address Dr. Rice is Dr. Rice. I think she may also be properly referred to as "Secretary of State designate".

Arty Guy, I should have been clearer I did not call CA land of fruits & nuts I did however imply that the Boxer supporters are fruity and nutty.

CWV

coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MLB wrote:
Maybe I'm mistaken. I'm sure I have forgotten most of the rules of etiquette that I may have ever learned. But - is it not appropriate, in most settings, to need to refer to someone by their official title no more than once, and then as Mr., Mrs., etc. thereafter? And are not members in congress customarily addressed as, Mr., Mrs., Ms., etc. while on the floor? Guess I don't pay enough attention to notice.

Sure don't need to pay much attention to notice how hate filled and bitter Boxer is though! (No respect intended). Mad

Yes but it is my understanding that the use Mrs. & Miss in the political landscape isn't PC. In the 70's I was taught that women are to be referred to as Ms regardless of marital status. But since then I have liberated myself from keeping track of the ever changing PC landscape.

CWV

Last edited by coldwarvet on Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:57 pm; edited 3 times in total
MLB
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOPS - I forgot about the PC thing. But then - I still say manhole covers and mankind. I guess the PC world would really think me archaich. Embarassed
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a native Californian, I must advise one and all that Barbara Boxer was born (11 Nov 1940) and raised in Brooklyn, NY. I would have to renounce my Native Sons of the Golden West membership if it turned out she was a native of California.

On the other hand, Dianne Feinstein was born in San Francisco (22 June 1933). Although a committed Dem, she seems to have mellowed somewhat of late. She is an admirer of Dr. Rice and strongly supports her confirmation. Maybe it's because she and Dr. Rice have common roots via Stanford.

Schadow
scotty61
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boxers's attitude is typical of feminist left. "We're fierce, we're feminists and we're in your face" until someone stands up to them and let's them have it right back, then it's the "we're victims" line.
AMOS
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:40 pm    Post subject: Watch out. Reply with quote

"Feinstein mellowed", Hillary mellows...............watch out. They can't change their colors.
Bystander
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Either way it is wordy compared with the Mrs., Miss.... or what would have been more correct Ms.'

Anyone know where the title 'Ms.' originated? I do. Way-y-y back in the middle 60's I was a regional officer in what was then the largest international organization of Administrative Assistants. At that time salutations were still used in business letters. This organization (NSA) made a decision: when answering a letter from 'Jane Doe' whose marital status was unknown, the title 'Ms.' was used--a combination of Mrs. and Miss.

My current view on the title 'Ms.?' It's short for 'miserable.' Laughing
SBD
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I called Senator Powder Puff this morning and left her a nice message stating that I am embarrassed to be a Californian and she definately does not represent me. I also told her that due to her recent behavior I will make it a priority to see to it she gets ousted. I finished the call by letting her know that she can keep dreaming about being Secretary of State because by 2008 her daughters sister-in-law Hillary will have been indicted.

SBD
Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a fun twist on Ms Boxer’s continuing explication that she knows naught of the world of intelligence gathering.... and analysis.

Some days later she is continuing to Blather on, this evening on the McNiell/Leher show. In her efforts to continue her attacks on Dr. Rice she repeatedly details Dr. Rice's variant public statements regarding very dynamic analyses originating from what we now know might be a completely compromised group of intelligence agencies.

Agencies Razed by the Clinton Village Chiefs: --Berger and Tennant (who knows what richard clark was up to) Two of the presidents holdovers from the previous administration. Bush's vain and damaging gesture of compromise with the increasingly ever explosive, partisan, Democratic Leadership following the last election. ( the guys who trashed the Old Executive Office Building at the conclusion of the 2000 election, the building where the NSC does most its real work.)

Well Ms Boxer here's a update for you, you may wish to be advised that analysis of intelligence changes radically from day to day. However this seems to have escaped her sphere of awareness over these past years while serving on the United States Senate's Committee on Foreign Relations.

From my perch I dare say to have the privilege and honor of serving on such a committee requires a certain degree of scholarship of the subject matter concerned. Daily now Ms Boxer is making it clear such scholarship is far beneath her station in life. Unfortunately this is quite harmful for the helmsman ship of International Security Policy..... anyway I digress. Clearly there are few things on this earth benieth Ms Boxer's ethical horizon..... yet somehow schlorship and integrety to service are?

Tonight on the Lehrer show Gwen Iffill actually asked a pointed question of Ms Boxer. The query concerned the reality that Ms Boxer is circulating... currently a fundraising letter citing her tough opposition to Dr. Rice's nomination as cause to donate $ to her, Ms Boxer. Gwen Iffil pointed out that this raised some questions as to Ms Boxer's motivation in her ongoing condescending grandstanding.

Boxer's reply was that this was absolutely not the case as the Republicans ask for money every day?????! What the hell does that have to do with the question at hand (boxer's conflict of interest), I don't know. Further she elaborated that others (Sen Biden) in the committee had joined her in her 'attacks' (my word, not hers).

Well Joe Biden is quite the reference character to use...... Mr. Biden who sits on the Senate Ethics Committee as well has his own 'Kerry Gate' closet full of Skeletons:

Quote:
. Behind Joe Biden's 'Brain Dead' Insult

When disgraced Sen. Joe Biden called President Bush “brain dead” this past week, we yawned and then wondered which thug in John Kerry's presidential campaign he cribbed the attack from.

Recall that Biden was forced to drop his campaign for the Democratic presidential nomination in 1988 because he had plagiarized from British pol Neil Kinnock.

And who blew the whistle on Biden's scandal back then? Michael Dukakis' handler John Sasso.

Sasso had to quit Dukakis' campaign because he backstabbed Biden. But whom does he work for now? John Kerry.

Considering Kerry's link to Sasso, you have to wonder why Biden is stooping to such sleazy new lows to “help.” Or does he hope his nastiness will backfire and hurt his own party's nominee for his own personal revenge?

This from here: http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2004/10/25/10017.shtml

The Kerry like aspect of this story is that way back when Dukakis was up to this it was very big news. I've just spent quite the effort to find any record of it, seems like Biden and Kerry have the same 'plumbers' who can make stories very difficult to research.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: