SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

McDonald's outsourcing drive thru?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FreeFall
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:27 am    Post subject: McDonald's outsourcing drive thru? Reply with quote

http://www.kxmc.com/news/local.asp?ID=3940

I am all for the free market system, but this seems kind of strange.
noyesj
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:46 am    Post subject: mcdolalds Reply with quote

For those who do not understand what i8s going on,remember

JFK wanting to raise the mim wage? well Wash. & oOrg. have both

elected LIB goverments for so many years that they have no trouble

getting people to vote in automatic raises in our MIM wage.

This is only the begging, Trust me on this!!!!!!
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJ and PA Libs are promising this as well. Honest John Strret in Phila. likes the idea. None of them realize how many jobs this will kill as well as the local economies and small business.
RogerRabbit
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And our illustrious Governor of Oregon, Ted Ghoulengoski is quite proud he got this done. Losing jobs for the state, as if our unemployment rate is not high enough . Unemployment in Oregon ranks up with the minimum wage - near higest of the nation. We can blame Eugene, Salem, and Portland on this and expect more to come.

And to think he is an ex Marine, I didn't think the Corps bred this kind of people
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In 1963 Federal Minimum Wage was raised. During the Senate debate Sen. Barry Goldwater famously uttered, "I never met a man worth a buck and a quarter!" Maybe so, he had at the time (and for another decade) thousands of illegals living in cardboard camps weeding cotton and picking citrus. State law gave dispensation to 'tourist industries' to pay less than minimum. Without the 'Right to Work' laws Phoenix would not have grown from a dried up soldier town to 3.5 million in 40 years. Today, 'minimum' is meaningless as no employer can expect any prospects with that offer let alone competence. Even illegals make more. The legacy though, is that while Phoenix is now the 5th largest city in the country it's purchasing power ranks about 27th. Californians swarming in raise the costs of everything.
GM Strong

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not meaningless. The last time Phila raised the minimum, the city unions all demanded a raise equal to the % of the Minimum wage hike. It is a floor that jacks up everything else.
The Balloon Artist
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a discussion with a like minded liberal who bemoaned having to work 2 jobs at minimum wage. I suggested to him that perhaps the minimum wage should be raised to $15 an hour. He wholeheartedly agreed and could believe that I suggested it. I said so if you got $15 an hour it would great huh? Yes he said. Wonderful, You still work for minimum wage and everything else just went up in price to meet it.
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just lately I read a letter to the editor in this lib lovin rag I read just for the classified and the tv guide, and anyway this guy says " dont raise min. wage" he goes on to explain about how the last time it happened everything went up and he has less!
I have a ?-- lets say you make a buck more than min. wage because you've worked so hard your boss loves ya, now if they raise min. 50 cents, will your boss raise your pay 50 cents? Rolling Eyes
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems to me if McDonalds can outsource $7 Oregon work to North Dakota for $5, they can just as easily outsource it to Mexico for $4. Just think how many illegal aliens could go home. Maybe this abomination can be useful to the good guys, for a change.
GM Strong

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Balloon Artist wrote:
I had a discussion with a like minded liberal who bemoaned having to work 2 jobs at minimum wage. I suggested to him that perhaps the minimum wage should be raised to $15 an hour. He wholeheartedly agreed and could believe that I suggested it. I said so if you got $15 an hour it would great huh? Yes he said. Wonderful, You still work for minimum wage and everything else just went up in price to meet it.

This is Rush's argument. If your Lib likes $15, ask him why not $25 and keep on going. At some point he will say no. Then try to get the clown to rationalize it. He will contradict himself all over the place.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: