SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Globe Article - 2/6 - Kerry postures to smear Swiftees?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:25 pm    Post subject: Globe Article - 2/6 - Kerry postures to smear Swiftees? Reply with quote

Well...here we go. An extensive (and undoubtedly friendly) interview in today's Boston Globe. In the first few paragraphs it looks as though Kerry IS calling for a quid pro quo from the Swiftees on the 180 issue... (emphasis mine)

Quote:
Weighing defeat, Kerry sees lessons to guide future
Boston Globe
February 6, 2005

The following interview was conducted by Peter S. Canellos, Nina J. Easton, Michael Kranish, and Susan Milligan of the Globe staff. The article was written by Canellos.

WASHINGTON -- Pained but not bowed, Senator John F. Kerry promised in an interview with the Globe last week to apply the lessons of a presidential campaign that he portrayed as ''so much bigger and more complex than people think" to bolster a Democratic Party that he indicated he might seek to lead again.

''I'm not going to sit around, you know. I'm going to learn a lot of good lessons," he said.

Sitting in a wing chair in his Senate office, opposite a historical print of Nantucket Harbor, Kerry offered a wide-ranging assessment of an election he lost by about 3 million popular votes and 35 electoral votes. He said he was determined to play a leading role in his party's efforts to integrate values and religion into its message, especially as directed at his fellow Catholics.

He also said he'd be eager to work at improving the party's grass-roots organizations alongside his former rival Howard Dean, now in line to head the Democratic National Committee, a man he said won his respect by campaigning tirelessly for the Kerry-Edwards ticket.

During the two-hour interview on Thursday, Kerry cited some impediments to his election as president, including the gay marriage referendums in 11 states (''I can certainly tell you it had an impact"), the financial disadvantage of the early convention (''We had a 13-week general election and they had an eight-week"), and surveys showing half of Bush voters believed Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein had helped plan the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks (''Now, did I scratch my head over that? You better believe it.")

Kerry also said he hopes to sit down with President Bush to talk about foreign affairs before Bush's trip to Europe at the end of this month, in what would be the first meeting between the two since their final presidential debate.

Despite the contentious nature of the campaign, Kerry expressed no resentment toward the president, but revealed a simmering bitterness toward some of the president's staunch backers. Kerry demanded that the swift boat veterans who had criticized his military record agree to open up their own files because he knows ''one guy was busted" and another ''has a letter of reprimand."

The fight over the ads by veterans accusing Kerry of exaggerating his Vietnam heroism -- a period that marked a downturn in Kerry's polling numbers -- lingers as a key battle of the campaign.

Boston Globe - cont'd

However, upon further reading, the authors offer this...

Quote:
Kerry later confirmed that his decision to sign the form is not conditional on any others signing, but he expressed lingering bitterness over double standards on military service.

''Let me make this clear: My full military record has been made public," Kerry said. ''All of my medical records and all of my fitness reports, every fitness report involving each place I served, is public. Where are George Bush's still? Where are his military records? End of issue."

Now THAT seems to be unequivocal...he WILL sign independent of his call for Swiftvet 180's...stay tuned...
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone ought to force him into getting help, seriously.

Here's what I got out of the article:

1) Again, Kerry admits to knowing what is in at least two other's military records. Exactly HOW does Kerry know anything? or, is he lying?
Even if there was a shred of truth in what Kerry supposedly 'knows', does he seriously think the examples he cites compares in any way to treason?

2) Again, Kerry lies and states that he has released his FULL military record. If that were true: a) he wouldn't have any problem signing the Form 180 now, and b) if it were true, there would be no need to sign a Form 180.

3) The whole 'end of issue' statements makes me believe Kerry will continue to do the quid per quo thing and not sign the Form 180..

4) I'm 100% behind Bush, but if he 'consults' with Kerry about anything, he's a fool.
gmez2001
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:05 pm    Post subject: Kerry Reply with quote

I don't see him going away, he'll be in there throwing stones at the swifties for years.
Akin to Bill Clinton,"if you tell the untruth long enough they'll eventually believe it".

Last edited by gmez2001 on Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beldar has returned from a 2+ month hiatus with his batteries re-charged...welcome back Beldar!

Beldar wrote:
I suppose to have a sense of shame, one must first have a sense of reality — and John Kerry is so shameless precisely because he lacks any grip on reality. He's still living in the fantasy world of his Super 8 home movies and war diaries — the noble, tragically misunderstood Last Action Hero of his own peculiar alternate universe. Of course, he's got friends who live there with him — Michael Moore, Garrison Keillor, Al Gore, Jimmy Carter, Al Sharpton, etc. The question confronting the Democratic Party, however, is whether they all want to live there with him.

BeldarBlog - cont'd
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silky Pony wrote:
..."one guy was busted" and another ''has a letter of reprimand"....

This sounds a bit panicky to me. Silky reminds me of the watermelon farmer who, tired of thieves, posted a sign, "One of these melons is poison." That worked for awhile but one morning he saw the sign had been altered to say, "now there are two!" Remember he's the public persona subject to criticism. Private citizens must be treated a bit more carefully and if he errs just a little, one of you will be very rich. In the face of such idle threats, we should follow our leader's advice, "We will not falter, we will not waver, we will not fail." (sis, boom, bah, rah, rah, rah)
RogerRabbit
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Kerry also said he hopes to sit down with President Bush to talk about foreign affairs before Bush's trip to Europe at the end of this month, in what would be the first meeting between the two since their final presidential debate.

Isn't this a joke - I'm sure the President needs his advice.
Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"now there are two!"

You made my day with this.

So one was busted and another one had a reprimand......... Were either of them running for President solely on the merits of their three months in Vietnam, ignoring a twenty year senate record of voting down every military and intelligence bill that came across their desk?

Did either of them put them selves in for a Purple Heart?

Did either of them give congress spurious and slanderous testimony concerning their fellow soldiers??

Are either of them two bit, lightweight, gigolos?

To quote Pat Sajak..... Mr. Kerry, you are a jerk
nutcase
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:49 pm    Post subject: Busted,,,??? hell I got three captins mast and Reply with quote

One Gen. of the Marines advised me that,,,,,

IF YOU WERE NOT ON OUR SIDE "I'D HAVE YOU SHOT"

Had another Major ask,,,, Who are these "people" and how did

any one this "dirty get into I-Corps headquaters" and one

Captin of the Army , on a doubble whoper trip back from danang to

dong ha, ask me " are you a war corrspondent or what

who said you could wear,,,"cowboy boots, cut off jungle pants and

sleeve less green, and a "ausie" floopy hat"

and when I advised him he could come with me to install the

"little electronic thing I had in my lap" and ask my Sr. Comand,

he did the "Captins Mast thing for "dissrespect to a ??? officer"

so John if you need a real bad example from the Swift Vets site

I BE YOUR GUY

other than that have a nice day "in/belsh/ing".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: