SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Guest malfunction@halftime!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:55 pm    Post subject: Guest malfunction@halftime! Reply with quote

Is it just me? or did anyone else find it odd that slick willy showed up at superbowl with our brave vets? ---- whats wrong with this picture?
I thought it was great to honor those that served and those who are serving! I wonder if by penciling out the bubba it might of allowed a little time for Korea and Viet-Nam Vets? Crying or Very sad
mtboone
Founder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw it, Brave Men and Women and a draft dodger. It was a disgrace.
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Truly despicable, but at least he didn't drop to all fours and hump somebody's thigh on national TV. Laughing
gmez2001
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtboone wrote:
I saw it, Brave Men and Women and a draft dodger. It was a disgrace.

The media agenda continues and this time it's a plug for Hillary 08.

Did they give ample consideration for the Greatest Generation of Cmerican armed forces currently serving? I might get some disagreement, but this group we have currently serving is at least as great as the WWII generation.

I noted Mr.Douglas(left wing lib and Bush basher)mentioned only the WWII group.
DrEntropy
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just pleased he's an EX president... and how 'bout that Budweiser spot? I came home to tomatoes and eggs thrown from SF airport's balconies. That ad teared my eyes, brothers. I was happy to see it.

"The flames kindled on the fourth of July, seventeen hundred and seventy six, have spread over too much of the globe to be extinguished by the feeble engines of despotism." -- Thomas Jefferson
baldeagle
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrEntropy wrote:
I'm just pleased he's an EX president... and how 'bout that Budweiser spot? I came home to tomatoes and eggs thrown from SF airport's balconies. That ad teared my eyes, brothers. I was happy to see it.

Thats not all the A/B organization is doing for the troops. In addition to buying several dozen tickets to the game (right on the 50 yard line) and handing them out to some active duty folks...............

FREE ADMISSION SUMMARY
Any active duty, active reserve, ready reserve service member or National Guard is entitled to free admission under the program. He or she need only register, either here or in the entrance plaza of participating parks, and show a Department of Defense photo ID. As many as three direct dependents of military personnel also are entitled to free admission. Dependents may take advantage of the offer without their service member, though an adult must accompany minor dependents.
Busch Gardens Williamsburg and SeaWorld San Antonio are seasonal operations that will remain closed until spring 2005. Military personnel interested in visiting those parks should check operating schedules. Click here for Busch Gardens Williamsburg. Click here for SeaWorld San Antonio. Click here for Sesame Place. The remaining parks, SeaWorld Orlando, Busch Gardens Tampa Bay and SeaWorld San Diego are open year round.

http://www.herosalute.com/cavatx/overview.html

Edit to fix url
"In a word, I want an American character, that the powers of Europe may be convinced we act for ourselves and not for others; this, in my judgment, is the only way to be respected abroad and happy at home." --George Washington
Al_Hawaii
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brothers and Sisters,

Sunday I was at a sports bar on Hickham AFB, HI watching the Suoerbowl. I too was brought to tears a number of times during the game. When they sang America The Beautiful, the National Anthem, and the commercial. And I wan't the only one wiping my eyes.

My return from Viet Nam was uneventful, nothing good or bad, just nothing.

In 1991 I returned from the Persian Gulf. When we landed in Bangor, Maine quite a lot of the soldiers got off the plane and went into the terminal, I didn't. One who was in my section came back to the plane with an American Flag. I asked him where he got that and he told me there was a band and the terminal was filled. I was suprised and went into the terminal myself. There was the High School band and literally hundreds of people welcoming us home. As we were going back onto the plane to continue on some people even asked for our autographs. I was floored!
When we landed at the Air Force base in New Jersy we were met by thousands of people and I was interviewed there. The reporter asked me what I thought of the reception and I told him it was great. I also told him I was a Viet Nam Veteran too and that I never expected anything like that. That also kind of ended the interview.

I saw the commercial again today and I'm very happy our troops are getting the respect they deserve.

I'm so very proud and thankful of our Soldiers, Sailors, Marines, Airmen, and Coast Guardsmen that are serving our great nation today, and I thank them for their service.

To all, Welcome Home and Thanks for a Job Well Done!!! And to those who are going or going back, God Bless, Be Safe, and our prayers are with you!

PS If you get a chance to come to Hawaii, go to the luau at the Hale Koa. You will love the finale!

Viet Nam 71/72
Persian Gulf 90/91
DLI78
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
this group we have currently serving is at least as great as the WWII generation.

I agree with you. These guys are all volunteers, they know what the stakes are, and they are going there knowing a lot of uninformed idiots, um voters, here disagree with what they are doing.

These guys are the reason we got to see so many Iraqis with ink-stained fingers. Hell, last election the worst I faced was a five-minute drive and a five-minute wait in line to vote.

That said, I don't know if you can honestly rank any group of wartime American soldiers above or below another group from another war. We always have a few bad apples and the Cronkites and Rathers see only those soldiers. We also have a hell of a lot of brave people doing what their country has called on them to do.

You Vietnam Vets got a raw deal publicly. Mainstream Americans always supported you. I was a kid when the politicians and left-wing media betrayed you. My dad could have taught you guys some new cuss words when that was happening.
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrEntropy wrote:

Ditto

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: