SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Washington Post....Women Who Are Right on Track

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darkhorse18
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:20 am    Post subject: Washington Post....Women Who Are Right on Track Reply with quote

I found this in believe it or not in todays Washington Post........the article reads:

It ain’t easy being red - at least that was the story of nearly a hundred college-age women at the Ronald Reagan Building on Saturday afternoon. At a luncheon hosted buy the conservative Clare Boothe Luce Policy Institute, the group seemed more like soldiers on furlough than ladies who lunch.

“I have great respect for the women in this room,” said Marjory Grant Ross, the president of Regnery Publishing, who was honored as the organization’s woman of the year. “It takes great courage to be a conservative on campus.” Ross published last year’s book “Unfit for Command: Swift Boat Veterans Speak Out Against John Kerry,” which questioned the presidential candidate’s war record and leadership abilities.

“It was having the vision to pick a book that clearly we can agree changed the course of history,” said institute President Michelle Easton. We want to put in front of these girls outstanding women role modes that they don’t learn about in their women’s studies courses.”

One group of eight young women from Washington College on Maryland’s Eastern Shore said it can be tough on campus. “The professors will go after you if they find out,” said junior Rachel Levengood. The college Republicans said they’ve had their campaign signs ripped down and their cars keyed. But the stayed the course. Said senior Tammy Barnes: “I would like to be the first woman president.” No singing the blues here.
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
a book that clearly we can agree changed the course of history
and we all, are eternally greatful
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I have a son who is a young republican at a public University. It is very tough for conservatives at our public University's. It amazes me how educrats will preach the doctrine of diversity while squashing diverse opinions.

CWV

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
“The professors will go after you if they find out,”

There is no doubt about this. This is my little town they are writing about and I'm vilified ad nausea by most the entire administration of the school. Thus far I think they have no knowledge of my involvement with the Swift Vets + POW's for truth.

I used to be totally A-Political and they helped push me off the fence. Having attended a lecture there

http://www.washcoll.edu/wc/news/press_releases/04_02_24_terror.html

I was shocked at the delivery, infuriated to the point of breaking a cardinal rule of never getting my name in the paper.
I wrote a letter to the editor of the school paper the Elm, which they published...... a really sloppy letter. The thing is in their on line edition that particular issue seems to be exactly where the papers archives have a lapse in coverage. Never happend.

Here's my letter, two cents the wiser I have altered my name to print it here :

Quote:

March 26, 2004

Letter to the editor
by Uisguex Jack

I attended a lecture 'The War on Terror: Myths and Misconceptions' presented by Washington College. I was taken a back to find contrary to this title, Mr. Hoopes objective seemed to be quite the opposite.

Mr. Hoopes's personal experience lends him the highest qualifications one could have to address such misconceptions. He career spans nearly fifty years working at the highest levels of international security policy. This said, as an educator with such valuable experience, he is duty bound to be forthright and balanced in his presentations in an institute of higher learning. By no stretch of the imagination was this the case.

The crux of his presentation was that essentially all and everything done since 9/11 has been a disaster and primarily for George Bush's personal and political gain. Further, he argued the president is derelict in what he has not told the American people.

Repeatedly he stated the war in Iraq has nothing to do with the war on terror. I asked Mr. Hoopes if he was aware, or I was misinformed with what I have read, that Hussein had a policy of paying the families of any suicide bombers in Israel $50k per terrorist attack. He was aware of this fact but did not mention it until my query. Further he elaborated Hezbolah terrorism was not really linked with the terrorism we are fighting. He continued that $50k was not much motivation to commit a suicide attack.

$50k is allot of money to residents of Kent and Queen Anne's.. It is a hell of allot more money to some one living in a refugee camp for the last 20 years. The refugee camps in Israel are among the poorest enclaves on the planet.

To say this in not much of a motivation is ludicrous.

To have omitted this policy of Hussein's from his talk and assert that Iraq had nothing to do with terrorism shows Mr. Hoopes in dereliction of his duty as an educator.

President Bush stated two years back we are in a war on terrorism not this terrorism or that terrorism. terrorism. By my analysis, blowing up random civilians in Israel is linked to blowing up random civilians in New York City. Both of these are acts of terrorism.

When addressing the issue of flawed intelligence concerning Weapons of Mass Destruction, Hoopes speculated 'the books were cooked', this is to say the CIA and much the rest of the Western World made this stuff up for personal and political ends.

The nature of all 'intelligence' is just that, you never know for sure what is behind any closed door until after going thru that door and looking around the room. The only two people, who know what actually happens in any marriage, are the two people involved.

When I asked Mr. Hoopes if he was aware, the very nature of Chemical and Biological weapons makes them virtually impossible to verify their presence in any modern-industrialized society, he responded he was.

He had not stated this at all in his presentation fostering future 'myths and misconceptions' of what has happened and will be happening in the days to come. Nor did he explain that all intelligence is prone to error, something he knows well from his own personal experience as secretary of the Air Force during the American Military's most tumultuous and costly era in history.

Any modern Pharmaceutical factory or nuclear energy program can be altered to secret weapons programs designed to levy the degree of destruction experienced on 9/11.

Mr. Hoopes advertised a lecture to help dispel the 'Myths and Misconceptions' concerning the war on terror. The lecture he delivered was rife with misinformation and missing clarification.

Hoopes went so far as to suggest John Kerry is the only American worth mentioning as a possible solution to this horrible global dilemma. Where does that come from?

I think H L Menken summed it up nicely: On Political Power:" The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."

Mr. Hoopes has betrayed his life long experience by playing politics with international security policy and education, something he knows well is lethal to the nation and the world as a whole.

Sincerely, Uisguex Jack

Chestertown MD

Return to Top

Now what's Funny is this particular issue of the school paper seems to not exist in the 'on line' records of the schools paper.

http://elm.washcoll.edu/past.html

Granted this may be a factor of incompetence..... but they seem to be updated....... except where my letter appeared. My letter is March 26 the archives go till feb 20 then pick up again October 1 2004.

I am familiar with a few of these young conservatives..... and they are a good bunch of kids. What I love about them is they will not be silenced, they stand up to be counted whenever possable.

I'll be keeping a eye out for the girl quoted in the post article tomorow evening, I'm attending another lecture: http://www.washcoll.edu/wc/news/press_releases/05_02_11_hayes.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: