SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Email to Ollie North..."Danger Close"
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stupson
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 9:09 pm    Post subject: Email to Ollie North..."Danger Close" Reply with quote

Just sent this to LTC North at FOX. Hope it's OK with you Swiftees!

For non-vets, "Danger Close" meant "enemy in the wire."

Colonel North,

The real Swift Boat Veterans deserve your help.

They are being totally screwed by not only the usual limp-wristers at CNN, etc, but now even the FOX guys who normally can be relied on (O’Reilly, Beltway Boys) are porking this puppy big time. I’m personally not a Swiftee, but am familiar with their cause and evidence they provide. This is NOT a “shine-on” political organization.

After being dumped on for 35 years now I beg you not to let these good men get hosed again. All they want and deserve is an even shot at presenting their side. They are not getting it, even with FOX. A major disappointment.

You know the military, know Vietnam, and, if I’m any judge, have the intellect to separate truth from fiction. You may be the only person able to do this.

Please, hear these guys out and help make their case if you believe it true. Otherwise, you know who is in the wire.

Stu Upson
LTC (Ret) U.S. Army
Vietnam ’70-71 Yes, a whole year
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to go, Stu!

And you might have gotten to JUST the right guy, too.

We know our letters to O'Reilly are not even being read. Rolling Eyes
uadoc
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 9:28 pm    Post subject: Why is O'Reilly doing this? Reply with quote

I was shocked at his attitude. Any idea why he is doing this? Rolling Eyes
McCloud
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 9:32 pm    Post subject: Amen Reply with quote

Way to go Colonel! I agree he may be the only one in a position to do something positive. My impression from reading his book on Iraq is that he will gladly help. He was the second signer on the statement of support for the Commander in Chief over at [url]www.vets4bush.com
[/url]
Lily
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it depends on what kind of legs this story has. It's already more then a one day story which has surprised me. I watched FOX and MSNBC Friday, Hannity devoted about 20 minutes of his show to SBVT while After Hours and Scarborugh country devoted a total of about 40 min to SBVT which is a lot of time and exposure.The book will be released soon which elaborates on the charges made in the ad which will put another angle on the story and should result in another series of articles and interviews. That's the way The Passion of the Christ became such a huge phenomenon. Very little money(in comparison to other films) was spent on actual advertising for the movie but the film received tons of free coverage on the cable news networks along with grassroots support from average Americans.
manelly
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 10:16 pm    Post subject: Fox News Sunday Reply with quote

I just watched the segment on SBVFT Fox News Sunday had and basically they all agreed that Rassman was more credible than all the SBVFT because none of them served on Kerry's boat and they all agreed that this story would go away by Labor Day.
This Hurts me especially comming from FNC. If there is a bright side to these comments maybe it would be to draw more attention for SBVFT because you would think that FNC would be getting tons of viewer mail and calls and email that these guys are stand up guys and deserve to be heard!
Sitting here at the computer and looking at SBVFT home page it occured to me that FNC Anchors and contributers Must have been here. How can they not see that this is Kerry's entire chain of command Minus 1. It must hit their concience pretty hard somewhere.
I'm prayin' for you guys ...don't give up!
Lily
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read at Rush's site that Rassman did not serve on Kerry's boat, that he was a soldier hitching a ride on another swift boat when he fell off and was rescued by Kerry.If one has to serve on John Kerry's swiftboat to be credible then Rassman also fails that test.What's more impressive to me is that none of the soldiers in Kerry's chain of command is supporting him for President.I also doubt this story will go away by labor day since the Vietnam Vets against Kerry will march in Washington Sept 12, 2004.

Last edited by Lily on Sun Aug 08, 2004 10:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
RNO
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like the rest of you I am very disappointed in Fox News..It may be that since the CEO has announced his support for Kerry that those who work for him are backing off...Except for Hannity...Fox would not be sitting on top right now if it was not for conservatives..My feelings is what we gave them can be taken away...O'Reily did make the statement that he would allow some one from Swift Vets to come on his show. Maybe someone can take him up on it...The thing that we have to keep in mind is we do not have to rely on the media to get the story out...Those who hate Bush will never ever listen but there is folks out there that have an open mind and this site is the best way to reach them plus all the other sites that is talking about it...Just my two cents and a great job contacting Col North is brillent...
forgivenjojo
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 10:29 pm    Post subject: Rassman hitching a ride??? Reply with quote

If it is true that Rassman fell off his boat and was merely hitching a ride, then that gives credibility to many boats being in close proximity. A man on another boat probably has a better view of what is going on than the entire crew of that same boat.

what do you think about that?
minnie presley
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 10:33 pm    Post subject: re fox and oreilly Reply with quote

I have sent several e-mails to oreilly no response, I suggest that come tomorrow or even tonight we all start calling fox and jam their switchboard if thats what it takes will , and e-mail every show I will be .
I like rupert murdock am aussie /american, my husband is american ex ww11, e-mail every show linda vester would be a good one also
forgivenjojo
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot find the email addresses for any of the Fox Crew. We need these posted so we can ALL contact the people at Fox. The telephone number to FOX NEWS is (212) 301-3000. Everyone needs to call. Everyone needs to call their local stations and any station that refuses to play these Swiftboat Vet ads.
manelly
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been all over FNC also and all I can find is this:

For FOXNews.com comments write to
foxnewsonline@foxnews.com; For FOX News Channel comments write to
comments@foxnews.com

Better than nothin' I guess Rolling Eyes
phrein
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You all need to check this out:
(ii) The Bronze Star Lie

As recounted in the attached affidavits of three on-scene participants (and verified by many others present) Kerry's operating report, Bronze Star story, and subsequent "no man left behind" story are a total hoax on the Navy and the nation. As recounted in the affidavits of Van Odell (Exhibit 6), Jack Chenoweth (Exhibit 7), and Larry Thurlow (Exhibit 10) (and verified by every other officer present and many others), a mine went off under PCF 3 ‑‑ some yards from Kerry's boat. The force of the explosion disabled PCF 3 and knocked several sailors, dazed, into the water. All boats, except one, closed to rescue the sailors and defend the disabled boat. That boat ‑‑ Kerry's boat ‑‑ fled the scene. After a short period, it was evident to all on the scene that there was no additional hostile fire. Thurlow began the daring rescue of disabled PCF 3, while Chenoweth began to pluck dazed survivors of PCF 3 from the water. Midway through the process, after it was apparent that there was no hostile fire, Kerry finally returned, picking up Rassman who was only a few yards from Chenoweth's boat which was also going to pick Rassman up. Each of the affiants (and many other Swiftees on the scene that day) are certain that Kerry has wholly lied about the incident. Consider this: How could the disabled PCF abandon the scene of the mine? Why did Kerry have to "return" to the scene?

Kerry's account of this action, which was used to secure the Bronze Star and a third Purple Heart, is an extraordinary example of fraud. Kerry describes "boats rcd heavy A/W and S/A from both banks. Fire continued for about 5000 meters." Exhibit 17. In other words, the boats went through a double gauntlet at about 50 yards distance that was 3.2 miles long (comparable to Seminary Ridge at Gettysburg on two sides), and yet none of the other boats within feet of Kerry's boat heard a shot or suffered an injury after the PCF 3 mine explosion, except for John Kerry's buttocks rice wound of earlier origin.

Clearly, Van Odell is right when he says, "John Kerry lied to get his Bronze Star . . . I know. I was there. I saw what happened." As Jack Chenoweth swore, "his account of what happened and what actually happened are the difference between night and day." Most poignantly, Larry Thurlow, whose brave actions saved the PCF 3 boat that day after Kerry fled, has the right to say, "When the chips were down, you could not count on John Kerry."

There are a lot of facts here. The site is:http://www.vnsfvetakerry.com/kerry_lies_documented.htm
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Folks...I may be wrong but, shortly after the release of this book, it will be FOX et al who's doin' the switchboard jammin'...at SBVFT.

Face it folks...the fourth estate doesn't know whether to crap or tie their shoelace in regard to the SBVFT and, for those who might have an open mind on the subject, they'll make damn sure they're on solid ground before making up their minds.

Nor are most of them even yet QUALIFIED to make an intelligent observation on the subject. How many of you have already heard this preposterous CANARD go unchallenged?...that, because someone didn't serve ON Kerry's boat, they are unqualified to comment on his service performance. Folks, the VAST majority of the media is CLUELESS in these matters, probably even MORESO than the general population.

They will soon be receiving an education......

On edit: Phrein...that is DYNAMITE...all hell is gonna break loose soon

Last edited by Me#1You#10 on Sun Aug 08, 2004 11:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
minnie presley
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 11:18 pm    Post subject: re e-mails Reply with quote

If someone can walk me through how to post them on site I will, I have a scanner, and am able to send them via e-mail, if someone knows how to post them send me your e-mail address and I will forwardw them to you
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: