SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NYC Kids Send Anti-War Letters to Soldier

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mtboone
Founder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:21 pm    Post subject: NYC Kids Send Anti-War Letters to Soldier Reply with quote

This is disgusting. Twisted Evil
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,148364,00.html

NYC Kids Send Anti-War Letters to Soldier
Tuesday, February 22, 2005
By David Andreatta

VIDEO
FREE FOX News Video:•FOX News' David Lee Miller Reports
The New York City Department of Education (search), red-faced over Brooklyn sixth-graders who slammed a GI with demoralizing anti-Iraq-war letters as part of a school assignment, will send the 20-year-old private a letter of apology Tuesday.

Deputy Schools Chancellor Carmen Farina (search), who has a nephew serving in Iraq, plans to personally contact Pfc. Rob Jacobs (search) and his family, said department spokeswoman Michele McManus Higgins.

"She knows how difficult it is to have a loved one in a war zone," Higgins said.

Jacobs is stationed 10 miles from the North Korean border and who has been told he may be headed to Iraq in the near future.

The GI got the ranting missives last month from pint-sized pen pals at JHS 51 in Park Slope.

Filled with political diatribes, the letters predict GIs will die by the tens of thousands, accuse soldiers of killing Iraqi civilians and bash President Bush.

Teacher Alex Kunhardt (search) had his students write Jacobs as part of a social-studies assignment.

He declined to comment Monday on whether he read the rants before passing them along, but said he planned to contact Jacobs soon to explain the situation.

In an accompanying letter to Jacobs, Kunhardt had written that the students "come from a variety of backgrounds and political beliefs, but unanimously support the bravery and sacrifice of American soldiers around the world."

"Support" was not the word that came to Jacobs' mind when he read the letters.

One girl wrote that she believes Jacobs is "being forced to kill innocent people" and challenged him to name an Iraqi terrorist, concluding, "I know I can't."

Another girl wrote, "I strongly feel this war is pointless," while a classmate predicted that because Bush was re-elected, "only 50 or 100 [soldiers] will survive."

A boy accused soldiers of "destroying holy places like mosques
Even one kid smitten with soldiers couldn't keep politics out of the picture, writing, "I find that many extreme liberals are disrespectful to you."

Uplifting letters from children are dear to soldiers, Jacobs said. He looks at a batch he got from a Girl Scout troop from his hometown of Middletown, N.J., whenever he feels lonely.

At the time the 21 JHS 51 letters were penned, Jacobs, who has been stationed in Korea for nearly a year, was told that he may be headed to Iraq. But no official order for deployment was given.

"If I were in Iraq and read that the youth of our nation doesn't want me to be there and doesn't believe in what I'm doing, it would mess up my head," Jacobs said.

Jacobs said he would welcome a letter from the Department of Education and the teacher.

"I want to think these letters were coached by the teacher or the parents of these children," Jacobs said in an interview from Camp Casey, Korea.

"It boggles my mind that children could think this stuff."
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disgusting is the least of which comes to my mind, Terry Evil or Very Mad

Hannity was just discussing this and as far as I'm concerned, some teacher or teachers need to be severely reprimanded. Stripped of citizenship and deported to the third world nation of the choosing comes to mind.

Like we been saying all alone, their cry of "we support the troops, but not the war," is and always has been a bunch of hogwash. Things like this just reinforces that.
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:

Hannity was just discussing this and as far as I'm concerned, some teacher or teachers need to be severely reprimanded. Stripped of citizenship and deported to the third world nation of the choosing comes to mind.

I couldn't agree more. Cuba is my country of choice. These kids didn't do this on their own. What exactly did this group hope to accomplish? A revolt? Maybe they could make the soldiers see the light? Shocked or just merely a morale killer? - and that gets soldiers killed.
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are some of the same people who keep crying for more taxpayer dollars to be thrown at them. More, more, more and then this is what they give in return. The NEA supports them. The people who pay them should be able to can them for this. This is a betrayal of the public trust and unprofessional as can be. We see politics injected into the class room yet God gets thrown out. They are in the same category as Ward Churchill as far as I am concerned.
oasis
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

More coverage..

SOLDIER STUNNED BY LETTER KIDS' RANTS

Quote:
One Muslim boy wrote: "Even thoe [sic] you are risking your life for our country, have you seen how many civilians you or some other soldier killed?"

His letter, which was stamped with a smiley face, went on: "I know your [sic] trying to save our country and kill the terrorists but you are also destroying holy places like Mosques."

Poor little souls do not know any better.

Is Iran a threat?

Here is what they say about us in Iran. No wonder they think the way "they" do in America.

See top of thread.

Quote:

Death to America

Death to America

Death to America

Death to America

Death to America

Death to America

Death to America

Who do the Terrorists fear the most? The fact that Jesus is the Son of God not just a prophet.

John 3:16-18

(King James Version)

Public Domain

Quote:

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

We need to recognize what is happening inside our country and pray.

Please donate to the.. RED CROSS
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDUCRATS

Ward Churchill and now school sponsored treason.

This is a symptom of a much graver problem. Educrats have taken control of our class rooms from kindergarten through graduate school.

What can we do?

Option 1 we can leave our children in the public institutions and trust that the messages they hear from us and our churches will balance off the influences of the educrats.

Option 2 we can take our children out of public institutions and have them taught the ideology that is closer to our own.

Option 3 we can pull our children out of school all together and teach them at home.

Option 1 we run the risk of having our children indoctrinated with values that are in conflict with own.

Option 2 we may protect our own children. but what about the other children? As we pull our children out of the public system our voices go with them and the educrats face even less resistance.

Option 3 provides us with the most control. However, are our children equipped to deal with the wide range of personalities and belief systems as they enter adult hood?

My wife and I raised three sons; our youngest is graduating from public H.S. this spring. We have participated in all three options with our children during different stages of their development. Our oldest son is graduating from a public university this year and it has been a major battle dealing with educrats that are in conflict with his core values.

Theirs no easy short term answers, however I do believe we need to be involved. We need to have conservatives represented on our school boards. We need to encourage our children to consider teaching as a career. We need to be aware of what is being taught in the schools of our own community and call out the educrats to account for their actions. It is because we have been passive that these types of events occur.

CWV

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police

Last edited by coldwarvet on Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The soldier's father was just on Hannity - did a fantastic job. Mr. Jacobs. He said this is 'almost giving aid and comfort.' He handled himself very well. His son isn't even in Iraq, but Korea. The letters were supposed to be holiday letters from kids. The teacher obviously read them, you could see some spelling, grammar corrections in pencil. The father said he only wants a board of ed policy change and an apology from the teacher, which I think isn't enough. Fire him.

Last edited by Rdtf on Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:47 am; edited 1 time in total
wwIIvetsdaughter
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Young skulls full of easily swayed mush being taught to hate America IN AMERICA! Evil or Very Mad
mtboone
Founder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Young skulls full of easily swayed mush being taught to hate America IN AMERICA!

Look to their parents and you will see the common ground in most cases.
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is called in your face! the poor little muslim boy and his extended family need to book a flight along with his teacher, remember what the skerroid people said about Rumy? The principal of the school needs to drop down on the sword! can you spell traitor? Crying or Very sad , Evil or Very Mad
MLB
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is sickening.

I don't mean to be a pessimist, but when I read crap like this I can't help but wonder if things have not slipped beyond hope in this country.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: