SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Condi to replace Cheney next year?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SBD
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:01 am    Post subject: Condi to replace Cheney next year? Reply with quote

To view this item online, visit http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=42938

ELECTION 2008
Condi to replace Cheney next year?
Report: Vice president likely to step down 'due to his health'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: February 19, 2005
1:00 a.m. Eastern

Vice President Dick Cheney likely will step down next year due to health reasons and be replaced by Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, according to a report by geopolitical expert Jack Wheeler.

On his website, To the Point, Wheeler reports there's a "red-breasted rumor bird" flying around Capitol Hill that has whispered the same thing to most congressional committee chairmen.

"We all know that Dick Cheney has been the best vice president of modern times, perhaps in American history," one such chairman told Wheeler. "And we know that he absolutely will not run for president in 2008. Further, he has an unfortunate history of heart trouble. So let's just say none of us will be surprised if, sometime next year, he will step down from the vice presidency due to his health."

Continued the source: "Should this happen, President Bush would need to appoint his replacement, just as Richard Nixon chose Gerald Ford to replace Spiro Agnew. It is quite clear to us whom the president would choose should he need to: Condoleezza Rice."

Wheeler goes on to analyze what such a scenario would mean for the 2008 presidential election.

Writes Wheeler: "Being a sitting vice president places Condi in an impregnable position for the GOP nomination in 2008 and sucks every breath of wind from Hillary's sails. Historically, it's hard for a party to keep the White House after they've had it for eight years. This is George Bush and Dick Cheney's way to buck history – and make it."

Serving as Bush's national security adviser during his first term, Rice took over the State Department last month.

SBD
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea if this notion has foundation or not, but I think there is, at least, a plausibility that this rumor might be inspired by some back-room and ill-advised desire to shape the 2008 presidential race or perhaps even by interests who do not have Dick Cheney on their personal list of favorite people.

The possibility that this might be of that nature quite frankly makes me angry and I would suggest that their seemingly premature musings as to Dick Cheney's future do both him and this administration a great disservice.
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A trial balloon floated by the RNC or an attempt to muddy the waters by the DNC. My money is on the DNC.

Cool Cool Cool

Independent that leans right of center.
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is getting old. It was trotted out 3 years ago, then speculation was rampant before the Convention. (Some clowns even thought McCain should replace him.) It is MSM promoted hogwash. No doubt the Administration has contingincy plans for what could happen in multiple senarios with any number of people, but that does not make it a given.
DLI78
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Condi is good enough (smart and articulate) to win the nomination in 2008 on her own without any "help" from back-room plotters.

That would totally mess up Hillary's plans, since half the Dem's Black base would have to seriously think about the chance to elect the first Black President.

I don't see too many strong contenders for 2008 right now, except maybe Rudi. His dings are from his affair and divorce and being more moderate than a lot of Republicans can handle. But the Dems would have to be really careful beating him up. He got reelected mayor in a heavily Democratic city.

Newt Gingrich could also be a contender. He's smart, tough and seasoned, and the Dems foam at the mouth every time they hear or see him. What's not to like? The Dems would have a lot of fun beating up on him. He will give as good as he gets, making the Dems foam even more.

I think Newt against Hillary would be the tightest race. The Dems would have a hell of a tough sell against Rudi or Condi.
GenrXr

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Condoleeza Rice is one of the most intellectual Americans to come down the political pike in the last 20 years. She reminds me of Reagan. Reagan had to conceal his intellect because he was a conservative and Miss Rice has to conceal her intellect because she is a black conservative smarter then all of the democratic hacks who would play the race card to bring her down.

Reagan won and guess what, Condi will will clean the floor of the people who doubt her.
SBD
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say do whatever it takes to keep the Left whackos and fake moderates out of the White House. I think that the above speculation is a viable option and one that Cheney will consider for the good of the nation.

I had thought that Rudi would be the nominee but after the fiasco with his HomeLand Security recommendation, I have serious doubts that the GOP will go there.

As far as a Hillary vs Condi race, I would rather see someone who lives the American Dream take the position of President rather than one who is an American Nightmare.

Condi with Jeb as her VP in 2008!!

SBD
GM Strong

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that '08 is all figured out, let's work on '12.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: