SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ex-Steeler Lynn Swann To Run For Governor of PA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 3:17 am    Post subject: Ex-Steeler Lynn Swann To Run For Governor of PA Reply with quote

Wonder if he's got a Website up. I'll contribute. Would love to see him
knock off Rendell. Swann campaigned hard for President Bush.
I heard him speak, he was excellent. Such a really likeable man.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=536&ncid=536&e=13&u=/ap/20050224/ap_on_el_gu/hall_of_famer_governor

Ex-Steeler Swann Raising Money for Bid

Thu Feb 24, 3:11 PM ET Politics - AP

HARRISBURG, Pa. - Former Pittsburgh Steelers star Lynn Swann has formed a campaign committee to raise money for a potential run for governor in 2006.

Swann named his committee Team 88, the number he wore as a wide receiver for the Steelers from 1974 to 1982, when the team won four Super Bowls.

"I will spend time introducing myself to communities across the commonwealth," the NFL Hall of Famer said in a statement Wednesday. "We will also explore the potential political and financial support for my candidacy."

Swann, who turns 53 next month, faces at least two prospective opponents in the GOP primary. The winner will take on incumbent Democratic Gov. Ed Rendell in November.

A Quinnipiac University poll of voters conducted earlier this month showed Rendell winning a hypothetical matchup against Swann, 50 to 34 percent.
Leeman
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am very happy to see Lynn Swann run for governor. I believe he is an excellent candidate also.

Too bad they did not give information on how to contribute.

I wonder if Juian Bond, Rev al and the rainbow coalition will contribute.?
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to dump Fast Eddy before he raises taxes again. He wants to bail out the Incompetant SEPTA at the moment by having the rest of the State subsidize it. Philadelphia has to sink or swim on it's own, not by being a parasite on the rest of the state. Pennsylvania needs a Governor, not a Mayor.

http://www.grassrootspa.com/

By the way, we need to Dump Spector from the Judiciary Committee too.
srmorton
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I did not love NC so much, I might think about moving to PA to vote for him and against Spector!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: