SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Molly Ivins Smears Swiftees

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:00 am    Post subject: Molly Ivins Smears Swiftees Reply with quote

This is almost beyond belief...I thought Ivins was, at least, semi-credible.
So much for THAT notion....

I think she owes this organization both a retraction and an apology...what an outrageous lie...(emphasis mine)

Quote:
Molly Ivins
Creators Syndicate
The return of the Swift Boat Veterans
GOP Astroturf organization takes first shots at AARP

<snip>

Yes, our old friends from the Swift Boat Veterans for "Truth" are back again. The very people who told you that John Kerry was anti-military and pro-gay -- the people who told you he didn't deserve his medals from Vietnam, who said he testified before Congress that American soldiers were all war criminals -- these same friendly folk are back again, attacking the AARP, a group largely known for advocating afternoon naps for the elderly. (Disclosure: I once wrote an article for the AARP magazine "Modern Maturity," and not only did they pay well, but they got the jokes, too.)

WorkingForChange - cont'd
mtboone
Founder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holly s**t, never knew we called him pro-gay. It is from Austin, Texas a very liberal town. I feel this is the start to discredit the SVPFT before the next elections and that tells me they are very worried and that we did our job much more effective than they will admit in the press or public. Me thinks things are going to get verrry interesting.
Jack Hetherton, jr
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:06 am    Post subject: Molly Who? Reply with quote

I read her article. This Molly is one of thousands of so called syndicated journalists that will do any thing to gain recognition, some who would sell their mother into a whore house for a dollar bill. What struck me is that her paragraph about Swift Boats for Truth was inserted with no reasoning or justification. By her own admission, she is "wrinkily". She appears to be one whom has come to the recognition that her obscure reason for exsistance has come to roost, and some poor soul will have to pay for hired mourners when the time comes. The truth is not friendly with many. Ms. Ivins is one of many, Dems or GOP, who have never admitted or are capable to admitting publicly that the Swift Boats for Truth were instrumental in Kerry's lost of the Presidency. The political movers and maker know who we are, and privately know we can be a danger to those who might be tempted to tamper with Truth. As concerns with AARP, I am elegible and not; my wife is. As soon as I see the front page of their magazine with the picture of some liberal hollywood whack-ho, off to the circular file ,without looking at next page. This is more of the importance of Swift Boats and POWs for Truth to maintain and be supported by our site. Jack H
Harvuskong
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Native Texan here.

Some of us refer to Austin as being the People's Republic of Austin.
Tanya
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you're right Terry, things are going to get verrry interesting.

"AARP’s Vietnam War Record Attacked
Battle over Social Security gets nastier with new Swift Boat Veterans ad"

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/7052194/site/newsweek/ Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Tanya on Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tanya wrote:
I think you're right Terry, things are going to get verrry interesting.

AARP’s Vietnam War Record Attacked
Battle over Social Security gets nastier with new Swift Boat Veterans ad

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/7052194/site/newsweek/ Rolling Eyes

Borowitz's piece is clearly labeled as satire...but it's typical of a purposefully misleading campaign on the part of the left to join SVPT and USA Next at the hip when their only connection is the use of the same production team.

See, as well, Maureen Dowd's 28 Feb op-ed, "Swifties Slime Again", in the NYT. This campaign appears to be well-orchestrated.
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to remind everyone that Molly Ivins is a chip off the old Working For Change block, a la, progressive America-hater Robert W. Jensen and is a product of University of Texas Department of Journalism. A few of the more notorious crumbs in the Working for Change fraternity are Will Durst, Arianna Huffington and Robert Scheer.

A more complete "who's who" of these effete euro-snots may be seen at Grassroots Press. IMO, it's high time contributors to the "Peoples Republic of Austin" withhold endowments until they dump the journalism department, as Texas A&M University did last year. Hmmm... I wonder why they did that. "The Corps" and journalism are supposed to be on the same side. Well, times change.

Robert W. Jensen duplicated in Common Dreams, Counterpunch and Znet also wrote:
Ward Churchill Has Rights, and He’s Right
Ward Churchill: Right to Speak Out; Right About 9/11
Ward Churchill has rights, and he’s right

Typical professor, he figures if he says it again and again, we might be more inclined to swallow it. ERRGICK

Robert W. Jensen, Jan 28 wrote:
To pretend that the U.S. might want true democracy in Iraq – one that actually would be free to follow the will of the people – is to ignore evidence, logic and history....Nurturing Iraq's Non-Election

Jack Mclaughlin
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is just the beginning. These corrupt, dishonest manipulators of the news such as Ivins, Olbermann and Dowd are now branding the Swiftees as the dirty tricksters whose lies and distortions about John Kerry cost him the election. You knew it was coming.
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack Mclaughlin wrote:
This is just the beginning....You knew it was coming.

The BMs (bluestate moonbats) are persistent with their whines and nags any time they believe someone is listening. To keep Silky Pony out of the White House, someone (that's us) must refute every tiny accusation, stretch of fact, omission or nauseating whine. Vigilance and refutation is the answer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: