SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I need to get married
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:36 am    Post subject: I need to get married Reply with quote

Looking for a good woman. All that matters to me is you are not a blonde and are guided by principle.
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can be happy or married but never happily married.

Why don't you have a May wedding? May the Day Never Come.

Just remember it is cheaper to live with them.

Cool Cool Cool

A bitter man after a California divorce.

Independent that leans right of center.
Jerald L. Parsoneault
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to get married, do as I was once advised. . . .

"Get married in the morning so if it doesn't work out it won't spoil your whole day.

Nalt
SBD
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried http://www.goodwife.com??

Goodwife.com is the single American man's best resource for finding love abroad via the mail order brides method. Unlike other singles sites, we do not carry links to any domestic dating or introduction services. Every link from this site leads to a company who's charter is helping to bring North American men together with beautiful, eligible, foreign women.

Think about it, you will have an excuse for not listening to your wife since you can't understand what she is saying anyway. The traditional method requires you to at least attempt to listen to every other word just in case you are asked a pointed question where a YES or NO answer is not an option.

Laughing

SBD
RogerRabbit
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you do get one of those mail order brides be sure to keep the box she comes in in case you need to return her
AMOS
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 1:16 am    Post subject: Mega zap. Reply with quote

"The box she comes in"...............no comment, I guess, lest I get zapped with the mega zapper..........again. I did have a couple of goodies, though. First amend...........?
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check E-Bay maybe somebody is trying to dump one for a good price.

Cool Cool Cool

Independent that leans right of center.
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For seventeen years, this single mom, hoped for a husband that would act like a good wife;) Never thought about e-bay!Wink

A girl can dream, can't she?

Kimberly
GenrXr

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are all being silly now,

GenrXr
GM Strong

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody 'needs' to get married. You should be in a relationship where you know and respect the other person and want to, not as my sister used to say, just be “in lust”. Get to know her mother, if you can’t hack her, you will have trouble. There is a certain amount of truth in mother-in-law jokes. Beware of your motivations for tying the knot. For men and women there are a lot of head cases around that need to be avoided. You get married because you both want to and you truly know each other. Infatuation doesn't get it. Divorce rates hover about 50% for first time and worse successively. It is also the worst thing taht can happen to a child.
Yea, we make jokes

Recently in California a man put an add in a paper advertising for a wife. Within days he got hundreds of responses saying, “You can have mine.”

I didn’t know how many faults I had till I got married.

Graffiti spotted “My wife ran away with my friend Jim, I don’t miss her, but I do miss him.

But sometimes you have to have some humor even if it's dark. My ex is an intelligent woman, but has no scruples and is a bona fide head case. I have to deal with it, but it is tough on the kids and makes it hard to find a good woman. (I'm not giving up yet.) She has tried every dirty trick in the book just for vengeance. Just do some reading on the subject, get some prenup counseling and don't jump into something.

Go to World Net Daily, a columnist there has several he wrote that are good. Try this one about young professionals:

Spiting their pretty faces
Monday, February 03, 2003 by Vox Day
Nutso
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely do not fit in with this crowd, happily married going on 28 yrs. It seems that a succesful marriage is an unpopular thing nowdays. Its the disposable society we live in, got a problem - don't fix it - get a new model.
GM Strong

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nutso wrote:
I definitely do not fit in with this crowd, happily married going on 28 yrs. It seems that a succesful marriage is an unpopular thing nowdays. Its the disposable society we live in, got a problem - don't fix it - get a new model.

Congratulations. I envy your success. You have something to be honored. You have been blessed. That is for both of you.
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GenrXr wrote:
You are all being silly now,

GenrXr

well, I was completely serious, except for the part about e-bay:) though I've heard you can find just about anything there.

Kimberly
MLB
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:52 am    Post subject: Re: I need to get married Reply with quote

GenrXr wrote:
Looking for a good woman. All that matters to me is you are not a blonde and are guided by principle.

Do you mean literally blonde, or figuratively? Laughing
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go head-getcha a mail order bride, she will be great until she learns what community property is! Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: