SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Teacher's Outburst Over Disrespect for Natl Anthem taped

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:31 pm    Post subject: Teacher's Outburst Over Disrespect for Natl Anthem taped Reply with quote

Way to go, Mr. Mantel. There aren't enough like you out there these days.

http://www.nbc10.com/news/4245196/detail.html

Quote:
Teacher's Outburst Caught On Camera
Student Shoots Teacher On Cell Phone Camera

POSTED: 6:46 am EST March 2, 2005
UPDATED: 7:46 am EST March 2, 2005

BRICK TOWNSHIP, N.J. -- Brick Township school officials might ban cell phones after a student's phone cam videotaped a teacher's outburst.

Students said the teacher began yelling when students failed to show respect to the national anthem.

The tape was posted on several independent Web sites.

It shows Stuart Mantel telling his high school class to stand and keep quiet while "The Star Spangled Banner" is played. The teacher screamed at a student who whistled and told students to stop whispering.

Mantel approached a student who remained seated during the anthem and told him to stand. When the boy told the teacher he didn't have to, the teacher pulled the chair from under him.

Copyright 2005 by NBC10.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need more teachers who teach good morals and instill a little patriotism in children. Watch the ACLU come in now and sue the teacher and the school.

People need to wake up to the fact that subersive groups are misusing our very freedoms in order to end them.
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to support the teachers and not the delinquents. I'm sure he was goaded by the juvenile creeps.
FreeFall
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the teacher was set up AND goaded.

Why was there a camera in the classroom and filming when this was happening? Was that a coincidence? I don't think so.

I hope the fallout from this blows back in those kids' faces to teach them a lesson about goading your teacher and being dumb enough to tape it. It's like seeing film when kids vandalise a house and tape themselves doing it. Then people hear about the tape they made and the kids all get busted. Serves them right.
DLI78
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FreeFall,

You're right. I saw the video on Hannity and Colmes. That teacher was 100 percent right in dealing with those little bits of human filth.

The teacher tells you to pay some respect to the national anthem, you better do it. If you're too retarded to understand what the freedom that song refers to means, then shut the f*** up and stand there quietly.

That was a definite set up. Hannity explained one of the little darlings had a cell phone with a videocam feature. How are you going to know when some single-cell organism is pointing one at you? His buddy conveniently aggravated the teacher for the camera.

I heard on Hannity and Colmes that the kids were suspended but the teacher was not. If that is true, then score one for reality and justice!
GenrXr

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The kid that wouldn't stand for the Anthem and the one recording need their parents to whip their ass and if they do not someone needs to whip their parents ass. Smile
GM Strong

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The kids probably never go spanked and the parents probably need one. No doubt they are libs who negotiate with their kids and cave in later.
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My niece and her husband are middle school teachers in NJ - she struggles there with the liberals and tells me all the time how tough it is being a teacher in enemy territory.
PC
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:14 pm    Post subject: Teacher Reply with quote

Oh boy, to think what would have happened back in the day (late 50's, early 60,s) at either my grade school (Domincan nuns) or high school (Franciscan Brothers). Not only would that kid have gotten a severe whooping in class but after school they'd be a lot of classmates following up too.

And then the poor kid would get home and have to face Mom and Dad, then the real trouble would begin.

His ass would be so whooped, he wouldn't be able to sit for a long time. He's be standing up for sure.
DLI78
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see those kids and I think of the "parents" I see around here.

"One, Two, Three.........One-hundred fifty-six..... I swear if you don't stop I won't buy you ice cream today. One hundred fifty-seven......"

That's telling him who is in charge, dad. Thank you for breeding and sticking us with your mistakes as a man, a parent, and a human.
Jerald L. Parsoneault
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched the video and it was clear that the teacher, Stuart Mantel, had been trying for some time to get a classroom full of spoiled brats to show some respect -- probably for anything, not just our country, and probably for a long time.

Reading a description of the event in the press had given me the false impression the teacher had yanked the chair from under a student when he wouldn't stand, and perhaps the helpless darling had risked getting a serious spinal injury. Nothing of the sort happened. As the teacher pulled back on the chair, the kid stood up and walked from the class room offended that the teacher "had pulled the chair from beneath him." Some curse words were heard from the student as he strolled out of the classroom.

I applaud the teacher and wish there were more like him. I have disdain for the parents of the kid who refused to stand. Apparently they have raised him to believe it is OK to belittle our country. Also, how about a kid with a video cam phone? Who's paying that bill? Again, the parents. Heard his Dad carping about the students being disciplined while nothing is happening to the teacher. If I had done such a thing my Dad would have whipped my butt good and called the teacher to congratulate him.

Nalt
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: