SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Clinton and the Mullahs: Soulmates?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:06 am    Post subject: Clinton and the Mullahs: Soulmates? Reply with quote

Clinton apologized on behalf of America for its "crimes against Iran".

http://powerlineblog.com/archives/2005_03.php
Clinton and the Mullahs: Soulmates?
From Powerline.....
Quote:
Is this for real? I don't know how I could have missed it. But apparently Eason Jordan's slander of American soldiers in Iraq wasn't the dumbest thing said in Davos last month. Amir Taheri writes that first in Davos, then in a subsequent television interview, former President Bill Clinton expressed solidarity with the mullahs who rule Iran:

Here is what Clinton said at a meeting on the margins of the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, just a few weeks ago: “Iran today is, in a sense, the only country where progressive ideas enjoy a vast constituency. It is there that the ideas that I subscribe to are defended by a majority.”

And here is what Clinton had to say in his interview with Charlie Rose:

“Iran is the only country in the world that has now had six elections since the first election of President Khatami (in 1997). (It is) the only one with elections, including the United States, including Israel, including you name it, where the liberals, or the progressives, have won two-thirds to 70 percent of the vote in six elections: Two for president; two for the Parliament, the Majlis; two for the mayoralties. In every single election, the guys I identify with got two-thirds to 70 percent of the vote. There is no other country in the world I can say that about, certainly not my own.”

So, while millions of Iranians, especially the young, look to the United States as a mode of progress and democracy, a former president of the US looks to the Islamic Republic as his ideological homeland.

Moreover, displaying an invincible ignorance of history, Clinton apologized on behalf of America for its "crimes against Iran."
The mind boggles. If Bill Clinton really thinks that the Islamic Republic of Iran, one of the world's most brutal theocracies, where children are hanged for acts of impiety, is "liberal" and "progressive," he is nowhere near as smart as I always thought.

The Eason Jordon tape didn't make it out of Davos, but the Bill Clinton tape did.::
President Clinton and Charlie Rose at The World EconomicForum in Davos , Jan 2005
Video here http://clients.world-television.com/worldeconomicforum_annualmeeting2005/_S13924.asp#
This video is long, about an hour. It you hit full screen, you can use the scroll bar to forward through. Starts out with a very lengthy intro, then goes on to the tsunami, I scrolled f'wd and picked it up at the 18min mark when he's talking about Iraq, the Iran discussion starts at 24min. then moves into US election & why GWB won at 37min, touches on several topics after that, more about Iraq, GWB inaugural speech & freedom doctrine, goes on about the moral right, with a lil hit on the Swifts at 49min, then closes with Israel-Palestinian issues.
my quick transcript from video
Quote:
All they did to John Kerry with that Swift Boat ad is what they've been doing since 1980. They're in the business to beat us. My view is, I'm through with them, I'm mad at us, if we're not smart enough how to figure out to stop them from beating us on illigitimate tactics.

Partial audio of just the Iran discussion
http://homepage.mac.com/cfj/.Music/clinton_on_iran_at_davos.mp3

Couple partial & incomplete transcripts linked below. To get the real feel of what Clinton said, the video, or at least audio is worth it. Would be interesting to get takes on his body language...gessh his fingers were all over his face/head.
http://www.zombietime.com/clinton_on_iran_at_davos/
http://www.larouchepub.com/other/interviews/2005/3206clinton_rose.html

I don't know what planet he's on. Maybe his heart medication has affected his brain. duh.. and we thought Jimmie was the worst President.This one's over there apologizing to Iran, empowering them, and saying that we don't have enough troop strength to call them out. Oh, and he seems to take credit for our military buildup, ability to have 2 conflicts going at once. There is so much in that video.

Last edited by kate on Sun Mar 06, 2005 1:32 pm; edited 5 times in total
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the article by Amir Taheri referred to by Powerline.
http://www.arabnews.com/?page=7&section=0&article=59952&d=5&m=3&y=2005

Who Should Apologize to Whom?
Amir Taheri
Quote:
Where is the country that Bill Clinton, a former president of the United States, feels ideologically most at home?

Before you answer, here is the condition that such a country must fulfill: It must hold several consecutive elections that produce 70 percent majorities for “liberals and progressives.”

Well, if you thought of one of the Scandinavian countries or, perhaps, New Zealand or Canada, you are wrong.

Believe it or not, the country Bill Clinton so admires is the Islamic Republic of Iran.

Here is what Clinton said at a meeting on the margins of the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, just a few weeks ago: “Iran today is, in a sense, the only country where progressive ideas enjoy a vast constituency. It is there that the ideas that I subscribe to are defended by a majority.”

~snip
Clinton’s declaration of love for the mullas shows how ill informed even a US president could be.

Didn’t anyone tell Clinton, when he was in the White House, that elections in the Islamic Republic were as meaningless as those held in the Soviet Union? Did he not know that all candidates had to be approved by the “Supreme Guide”, and that no one from opposition is allowed to stand? Did he not know that all parties are banned in the Islamic Republic, and that such terms as “progressive” and “liberal” are used by the mullas as synonyms for “apostate”, a charge that carries a death sentence?

More importantly, does he not know that while there is no democracy without elections there can be elections without democracy?

Clinton told his audience in Davos, as well as Charlie Rose, that during his presidency he had “formally apologized on behalf of the United States” for what he termed “American crimes against Iran.”

more………

He got himself the best applause with his comments about apolgizing to Iran...from the likes of Ted Turner & others in the audience, fawning over Billy boy
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Der Schlickmeister apologizes on que for anything except his own behaviors. He can apologize for himself but not for me. He does not realize he admires the finest minds of the 11th century. The guy is a parody of himself.
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is APPALLING!!!
Quote:
“formally apologized on behalf of the United States” for what he termed “American crimes against Iran.”

I am so irate at BJ Clinton going around the world making apologies
for the U.S.

SPEAK FOR YOURSELF, YOU BLOVIATING FOOL!!!

You do not speak for ME, or the majority of American citizens!!

Since Iran is where you say you would feel most comfortable, please
take up residency there. Good riddance!!
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
minnie presley
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:06 am    Post subject: clinton on iran Reply with quote

this is disgusting but we should not be surprised, please lets keep this going because when hilary runs in 2008 this needs to be made known to the american people, those two can never ever get control of the white house again, we need to get this out every way possible, talk radoi tv etc
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how right you are minnie
this is the guy that wants the to be the White House's MR "first man" or, head of the UN ...dont know which is worse?
Hope someone somewhere is able to save that video
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kate wrote:
how right you are minnie
this is the guy that wants the to be the White House's MR "first man" or, head of the UN ...dont know which is worse?
Hope someone somewhere is able to save that video

Who else but Bill Clinton would have the experience to run a large organization fraught with corruption, bribery and sex scandals? I dare you to name one person that brings these type of credentials to the Secretary Generals Office. Bill is immensly qualified to ensure each of the areas described above receive the assistance needed to grow and prosper.

Besides I've heard he has already been fitted for his new uniform now that he will finally make General. Something along the lines of Bonapart's I think.

Cool Cool Cool

Independent that leans right of center.
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hear, Hear! It's about time the UN has a SecGeg who who knew what was going on and how to do it. The previous ones have just been incompetent. Clintonistas have no such illusions. At least Slick Willy will make sure the peacekeepers have ice for their victims.
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GM Strong wrote:
Hear, Hear! It's about time the UN has a SecGeg who who knew what was going on and how to do it. The previous ones have just been incompetent. Clintonistas have no such illusions. At least Slick Willy will make sure the peacekeepers have ice for their victims.

And don't forget GM, Free Havana Cigars for every peacekeeper.

Cool Cool Cool

Independent that leans right of center.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: