SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mel Gibson Does it Again!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:21 pm    Post subject: Mel Gibson Does it Again! Reply with quote

Mel must be the nicest guy in Hollywood:

Mel Gibson Refunds �Passion� Previewers

Actor/director Mel Gibson's latest demonstration of generosity and fair play is another lesson Hollywood � and much of America � ought to learn.

His production company, Icon, is sending out checks to scores of church groups that were charged an extra fee to preview his blockbuster film "The Passion of the Christ" before it hit theaters last year.

Story Continues Below

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2005/3/8/92201.shtml

Thanks Mel.

Cool Cool Cool

Independent that leans right of center.
Barbie2004
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somehow this doesn't suprise me!!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Jerald L. Parsoneault
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's all agree to go to his next movie and take our friends.

Nalt
wwIIvetsdaughter
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

God Bless You, Mel Gibson; your reward in Heaven will be great indeed! Smile
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mel Gibson's next film may deal with the Secrets of Fatima. See below for a short story about the appiritions:

On May 13th of 1917, the Blessed Virgin first appeared to three Portuguese children at the Cova da Iria near the village of Fatima. The children were Lucy dos Santos, aged ten, and her two cousins, Jacinta, aged seven, and Francis Martos, aged nine. Our Blessed Mother appeared to them six times, asking for prayers, especially the daily recitation of the rosary and sacrifices for the conversion of sinners and of Russia. On the 13th day of six consecutive months from May to October of that year, our Blessed Mother repeated the same request to the children, and on the last occasion in October, seventy thousand people gathered and witnessed the Miracle of the Sun. She revealed to the children three secrets and entrusted to the eldest child who is now Sr. Lucia of Carmelites to reveal to the world the first two secrets concerning the existence of hell and the urgency of the consecration of Russia to her Immaculate Heart. Sister Lucia with the approval of her bishop revealed the first two parts in 1941. The third part known as the Third Secret of Fatima was submitted to the Bishop of Leiria in 1944. Our Lady asked the last part be made known to the faithful at the latest by 1960. It was presented to the Holy See in 1957. However, the Third Secret of Fatima had never been publicly disclosed by Vatican to the faithful. Consequently, many debates and speculations about the mysterious secret of which content for a long time could only be speculated by examining the comments or answers made by Holy Fathers and few others who had read the Third Secret.

Reported text of the third secret not yet completely released by the Pope:

ĞDo not fear, dear little one. I am the Mother of God, who talks to you and asks you to make public the present Message for the entire world. In so doing, you will find strong resistence. Listen well and pay attention to what I tell you: Men have to correct themselves. With humble petitions they have to ask forgiveness for the sins committed and those they could commit. You want me to give you a sign, so that every one will accept My Words, which I say through you to mankind. You have seen the Miracle of the Sun, and all, believers, nonbelievers, farmers, city dwellers, wise men, reporters, lays, clergymen, they all have seen it. And now proclaim in My Name: A great punishment will fall on mankind; not today, not tomorrow, but in the second half of the XX Century. I already revealed it to the children Melania and Massimino, at "La Salette", and today I repeat it to you because mankind has sinned and trod upon the Gift that I had given. There is no order in any part of the world, and satan rules in the highest positions, establishing the course of things. He will effectively succeed in getting to the top of the Church; he will succeed in seducing the souls of great scientists who invent arms, with which it will be possible to destroy a great part of mankind in a few minutes. He will have in his power the powerful who rule the peoples and he will incite them to build enormous quantities of those arms. And, if mankind should not object to it, I will be forced to set My Son's arm free. Then you will see that God will punish men with greater severity than He ever did with the flood. The time of times and the end of all ends will come, if mankind is not converted; and if all should stay as it is now, or worse, should it worsen even more, the great and the powerful will perish with the small and the weak. The time of great trials will also come for the Church. Cardinals will oppose Cardinals, bishops will oppose bishops, Satan will march among them, and there will be changes in Rome. That which is rotten will fall, and that which will fall, will never rise again. The Church will be darkened, and the world will be overturned by terror. The time will come that no King, Emperor, Cardinal or Bishop will await He who still has to come, but to punish according to the plans of my Father. A big war will break out in the second half of the XX Century. Fire and smoke will fall from the Sky, the waters of the oceans will become steam, and the foam will rise overturning and sinking everything. Millions and millions of men will perish from hour to hour; those who will still be alive will envy the dead. Whichever way one will turn to look, there will be anguish, poverty, ruins in all the cities. Do you see? The time comes nearer and the abyss widens without hope. The good will perish with the wicked, the great with the small, the Princes of the Church with their believers, and the rulers with their peoples. There will be death everywhere due to the mistakes made by the senseless and the followers of satan who then, and only then, will rule the world; lastly, when those who will survive all happenings and will still be alive, they will proclaim again God and His Glory, and will serve Him as before when the world was not so perverted. Go my little one, and proclaim it. For that purpose I will be always at your side to help youğ.

Talking to German prelates privately in 1980 , Pope John Paul II said: " When you read that oceans will inundate entire continents, and millions of men will suddenly have life snatched from them in a second - if you know this, there is no need to publish the secret."

Kind of chilling when you put it against recent/current events in the world:

The great flood has happened with the Tsunami.

China is increasing its' arms buildup and threatening Taiwan.

Iran is seeking nuclear weapons and North Korea says it has them.

If you want to boil an ocean, detonate a nuclear weapon over it.

No wonder Pope John is hanging onto power rather than have chaos rule in Rome.

It also is reported that a portion of the third secret not released concerns communists and their designs on world domination.

Play it safe........run out and get those Rosary beads and say the Rosary.

Cool Cool Cool

wwIIvetsdaughter
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phantom, what is your source for the reported text of the third secret? Also, are you aware Sister Lucia passed away February 13th?
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwIIvetsdaughter wrote:
Phantom, what is your source for the reported text of the third secret? Also, are you aware Sister Lucia passed away February 13th?

Yes I did know she passed away and is now in the arms of our Holy Mother.

One note of interest, recently she met for over an hour with Mel Gibson and his wife at the convent. This is rare privilege since the order is a sequestered (cloistered) order hidden from the public view. Mel scheduled a private showing to the order of "The Passion of Christ". This was very expensive for him as it was not out on DVD and he had to bring in professional movie projection equipment at his own expense for a very special viewing for the order. It is estimated he spent 20 to 25K to make the Nuns night memorable. .

Cool Cool Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: