SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wey Symmes in Tuscon - VFW engagement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:20 pm    Post subject: Wey Symmes in Tuscon - VFW engagement Reply with quote

Wey Symmes will address the Tuscon VFW on Tuesday evening, 3/15. Looks like SVPT personnel are still in demand for interviews/speaking engagements...and THAT'S ok by me Wink (emphasis mine)

Quote:
Prepare for a GOP invasion
Political Notebook
10:12 AM MST on Monday, March 14, 2005
By C.J. Karamargin / Arizona Daily Star

Never mind that Tucson is one of the most staunchly Democratic cities in the one of the most solidly Democratic counties in Arizona. Never mind that independents - not Republicans - are the city's second-largest bloc of voters. And never mind that while President Bush carried Arizona in November, voters in and around the Old Pueblo gave him something less than a mandate.

None of that seems to matter. Bush could be on his way to our fair city. But - brace yourselves, Democrats - he's not the only one.

As the Arizona Daily Star reported last week, the president "tentatively" has accepted an invitation from the Tucson Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce to bring his Social Security road show to Tucson. If it's going to happen, we should know this week.

Also on tap for this week is a visit by one of Bush's top neoconservative advisers, Paul Wolfowitz. The controversial deputy defense secretary is scheduled to speak Thursday morning at the Tucson Convention Center. This, too, is a Chamber event. Call 792-2250 for more information.

Bush and Wolfowitz got their contracts renewed in part because of Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, an organization that successfully raised questions about John Kerry's Vietnam years. You can find out how they did it on Tuesday.

Wey Symmes, national treasurer for Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, is coming to Tucson to do a postmortem on the election. He'll speak at 6:30 p.m. at Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 549, 1844 S. Craycroft Road. The event is free to the public.

FOX11AZ.com - cont'd (requires free registration)
mtboone
Founder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea Wey, got get them and to those that do not know, he has a great book on Swifts in VN. But, I am just a Swifty so proud of him and the group. Guess I am biased like the MSM, but we have been factual.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: