SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dr. Sanity on Swiftvets/Kerry/MSM

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:45 am    Post subject: Dr. Sanity on Swiftvets/Kerry/MSM Reply with quote

Honorable vs. Dishonorable Conduct

http://drsanity.blogspot.com/2005/03/honorable-vs-dishonorable-conduct.html

excerpts:

We learned," Kerry continued, "that the mainstream media, over the course of the last year, did a pretty good job of discerning. But there's a subculture and a sub-media that talks and keeps things going for entertainment purposes rather than for the flow of information. And that has a profound impact and undermines what we call the mainstream media of the country. And so the decision-making ability of the American electorate has been profoundly impacted as a consequence of that. The question is, what are we going to do about it?"

Translation: We the people are too stupid to see through the lies and deceit of the evil sub-media, even though the brave and capable REAL media discerned the truth and tried to tell us how wonderful John Kerry was.

New Sisyphus points out the following salient points in his critique of Kerry's incredible comments [on the MSM]:

You may be surprised to hear that the MSM “did a pretty good job of discerning” over the last year, given that the New York Times, CBS and the BBC all had to fire lead personnel over the fact that they just damn well made stuff up out of whole cloth in service to an obviously partisan political agenda. But then, if you’re reading this, your part of a dangerous sub-culture, aren't you?

And what, Senator, are we going to do about these dangerous people that keep disagreeing with the MSM and have the nasty habit of not keeping their ill-informed, non-making-stuff-up mouths shut? Here we see the cold iron of the liberal’s tendency to want to shut their opponents up that lies behind the calm façade and the Birkenstocks.

Read both the O'Neill interview and the Kerry comments. Ask yourself which person--O'Neill or Kerry--calls for silencing free speech? Ask yourself, who wants to stop the flow of information? Ask yourself, who does not want to compete in a free market of ideas?

You watched the same campaign that I did in 2004. Did the Swift Boat Veteran's get a shot at defending their position in the mainstream media? Did John Kerry respond to their accusations. Has John Kerry to this day ever filled out the Form 180 for the complete release of all his Vietnam records, including his medical records (in spite of MULTIPLE promises that he would do so--even one recently on Meet the Press)?

Ask youself, why it was important that a document purporting to come from one person who commanded Lt.George Bush in the TANG (and who was conveniently deceased) during the Vietnam war was considered a "critical" news story; while the sworn affidavits of 274 living veterans, including ALL the superior officers of Lt.John Kerry, was not?

John Kerry thinks he is going to run for President in 2008. But I think the American public is on to his scam. As part of that dangerous "sub-culture" Kerry is so opposed to, I intend to frequently remind everyone of the con artist the Democrats nominated in 2004.

I am forever thankful this dishonorable, pitiful, self-obsessed human being did not become the President of the United States.

Diagnosed by Dr. Sanity @ 6:53 AM
Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see you fortdix.

I was thinking today as the judicial nominations sabotage continues in to the fifth year now how this element of the Democratic party wants every vote to count only as long as it is in their parochial favor.

If the vote is against them they will do anything possible, legal or not, to make sure the vote is not counted.

O’Neill says from the Dr Sannity link:
Quote:
We met with one reporter around that time. We told a story to him relating to Kerry's service. He acknowledged it was true and terribly important. And he told us he would not print it because it would help George Bush. That's when we began to realize we had a real problem on our hands.

By the same token and Logic if the Rathergate Bush papers were actually documented as credible Mr. Rather would be duty bound not to publish them as it would have some effect on the election outcome.

The question remains What are we going to do about it??

Over at Dolls Site POV today I followed a link to a group claiming the must absurd things imaginable. This was called the American Patriotic Friends Network

There you will find nothing American and nothing along the lines of Quakers (friends). I'm sticking to my theory of the past couple of weeks that what we are witnessing is the Chinese and the Soviets/Bolsheviks vying for control of the DNC.

I sense the Chinese have a hold over Kerry, Clinton and Gore. How is it conceivable that when a high-ranking Govt official retires having at some point in his career signed a Govt contract procuring something for the nation, he can not work for that company for many years to come..... Yet Sandy Berger is currently the chief lobbyist for the PRC..... Compounded by multiple Scandals of the PRC donating large sums of cash to the DNC coffers... Forget about the documents down his pants for a moment and consider he should be jailed for this more then seeming conflict of interest.

The Soviets along with the arbitrage pirate have a hold on Howard Dean.
Howard Dean would have gone no where without Move on Dot Org getting the pump primed to the tune of $20 million. Yeah Dean raised allot of money on the internet..... this on a stream of Soro's twenty million to get the juices flowing, all with highly inflammatory disinformation.

Ted Kennedy is just wallowing in the wind, he still seems to have some control over the old Tammany hall crooked votes enabling corpses to vote thru Unions from Illinois to West Va and Mass.

There is some reason these guys are becoming increasingly desperate for seizing power of the U.S. They seem to be working on a ephemeral timeline where for some reason unknown it is becoming increasingly important for them to keep Republicans out of power.

I'm not a Republican, never have been. I'm also not a idiot, quite proud of voting for Bush and being a member of the SVPOW community.

I think Kerry better wake up cause these issues will not go away now.
Where is his form 180, and what did he mean on the Russert show when he said he'd release it after he determined what was and what was not included in the final version.

How many versions are there so far?
More than one and that smells rotten.
DougReese
Former Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Dr. Sanity on Swiftvets/Kerry/MSM Reply with quote

fortdixlover wrote:

Ask youself, why it was important that a document purporting to come from one person who commanded Lt.George Bush in the TANG (and who was conveniently deceased) during the Vietnam war was considered a "critical" news story; while the sworn affidavits of 274 living veterans, including ALL the superior officers of Lt.John Kerry, was not?

"Sworn affidavits of 274 living veterans"? That's up from another thread where someone said there was 100 affidavits.

While some may consider it a significant number, it is far less than 274, or 100.

Doug
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doug, do you have some definitive, authoritative answer as to how many sworn affidavits have been received by the leadership of Swift Vets? If so, please post your source.

All that we here on the board have are the statements made by various leaders of the group at press conferences or speeches or in Unfit for Command or in emails. This number naturally has changed over time as the group has grown.

I will say that there is a list of signers to the Swifts' efforts here:
http://horse.he.net/~swiftpow/article.php?story=20040629220813790

239 Swifts men signed the original letter to Kerry along with 30 other founders who did not work directly with Kerry in the Swifts. The list has not been updated for quite some time - there was a deluge of requests to sign the letter for which there simply was not time to get signed affidavits and ensure bona-fide credentials from each one.

And there is also an online petition (with over 11,000 signatures) here:
https://www.swiftvets.com/swift/petition.php and the petition mentions "some 275 men who served with you."

So, let's talk turkey - exactly what do the 11,000 signatures on the petition mean? What does it matter if one member of our board posts that a hundred signed affidavits while another says that 274 signed affidavits?

It seems pretty clear to me that the backlash against the poseur was far bigger than any of those numbers - big enough to make them nearly meaningless, except as an academic point in the discussion about why these Swifts could NOT get a fair break from the media, which abandoned all pretense to impartiality.

Even Democratic party leaders have conceded that Kerry's main support came from "Anybody But Busher's," not from any real zeal for the Democratic candidate.
coffee
Founder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may be wrong about this but I believe that the sworn affidavits were signed by those who appeared (spoke?) in the commercials/documentaries. I'm not sure about those who were quoted in "Unfit For Command".

Coffee
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coffee wrote:
...sworn affidavits were signed by those who appeared...

Regardless of the number, 100-274, I don't remember seeing any derogatory affidavits from the President's military pals. So the question remains, why is a forged document from a deceased veteran big news while 100-274 affidavits from living Veterans not worthy?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: