SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fund Raising and thanks...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alhart66
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:17 am    Post subject: Fund Raising and thanks... Reply with quote

I'm not a veteran. I was too young to serve in Vietnam (born in 1962).

But, I grew up thinking that all of Kerry's stories were true.

Thinking that Viet Nam was a blot on our national pride.

While I never said or did anything bad to a Viet Nam Vet, I never thanked them for their service. Because I thought THEY were ashamed of their service, I was too...

I would avoid the subject like the plague whenever I found out someone was a Viet Nam Vet.

I can't imagine the pain that all the vets must have, having to deal with the stereotype of a Viet Nam vet as an ex-baby killer, who has to wrestle with mental problems and "Shell Shock".

Of the many Vets I've met over my short lifetime, I've only met one that fit that mold.

My Aunt's Boyfriend was a Viet Nam vet, And he was a good man. He passed away from sclerosis of the liver. From all the drinking he did.

I don't know what his demons were. They could have been from the shame that the charges that John Kerry and people like him made Jimmy feel.

False charges that Jimmy had to deal with nonetheless. Charges that once made, could not be taken out of the minds of people, no matter HOW MANY people said they weren't so.

He was a good man. A good friend. And I miss him greatly.

Today... I thank every person I meet who served in Viet Nam or at ANY time in the service of our nation. I let them know I am proud of their service, and apologize it took so long to thank them.

I don't have much money these days, but I will be sending some at my next pay check.

It pains me to think that the truth that the Swift Vets have to offer might not get out due to lack of money...

I haven't heard much talk of how to raise money for this fight, but offer the following ideas...

1. Bake Sales. Rush Limbaugh tells a story about how a man who wanted a subscription to his magazine held a bake sale and raised thousands of dollars for charity.

2. Sell the Book, and donate the profits to the Swift Vets. Have a book sale with the new book, and others that tell the REAL story about Viet Nam. Perhaps have the Swiftees themselves at the sales, and sell autographed copies of the book at a premium. Donating the premium to the organization.

3. Sell special copies of the book, autographed by all the Swifties on eBay. Sell one a week until Election Day.

4. Sell copies of the famous photo, autographed by the Swifties. I think MANY people would want that to proudly display.

5. Contact chapters of Veterans of Foreign Wars, and get them on board. Imagine if a thousand chapters each held a fund raising event...

What do you all think?

I'd HATE to see the truth get buried for lack of funds.

These men ARE fighting the war all over again. Let's not deny them the funding as Kerry wanted to do to our brave people in Iraq now.

These men are giving their all for no more reward than there honor (which, is a HUGE reward), and the knowledge they are defending their own reputation, and the reputations of friends who never came home.

Also, keeping someone unworthy of the office, from becoming Commander in Chief.

Let's provide them the funding to be able to fight the good fight, and to stand for their honor and truth.

Thank you Swift Vets, and all Veterans of all wars... For giving what you gave, so I could sit here in my home, safe, sound and able to write this E-Mail.

I'll be sending a donation as soon as my next paycheck is cashed. And I'll be buying the book as well.

I'll tell everyone I know about this website, and ask them to donate something to help the truth get out there.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
alhart66
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:23 am    Post subject: One more thing.. Reply with quote

I used to work for a good man named Larry Epstein, who served in Viet Nam, and was mentioned in Al Santoli's book: "Everything we had".

I spoke to Mr. Santoli many times while in Larry's employ.

I don't know how anyone who served feels about that book.

But, I think it gave me, a small idea of what it was like for you, who DID serve. And who DID put it all on the line bravely, sometimes frightened, but determined to stay the course, and make a difference.

I haven't read it in 20 years, but it's time for me to pick it up again and re-read it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: