SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Denied again

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RogerRabbit
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:31 pm    Post subject: Denied again Reply with quote

The 11th court of appeals denied Terri again
Doc Farmer
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Denied again Reply with quote

RogerRabbit wrote:
The 11th court of appeals denied Terri again

Gee, what a surprise.

I wonder how things are going in the Florida Senate...

Fat, Bald and Ugly - And PROUD Of It!
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Jay Carpenter just said it all perfectly in a live news conference. Among other things, he mentioned that she is feeling the pain of this, and he also said that we should stand up and show the world that America doesn't dehydrate a handicapped person to death.
joeshero
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rdtf wrote:
Dr. Jay Carpenter just said it all perfectly in a live news conference. Among other things, he mentioned that she is feeling the pain of this, and he also said that we should stand up and show the world that America doesn't dehydrate a handicapped person to death.

And this is happening under the leadership of a president who is actively promoting liberty and freedom around the world, but could care less of the life, liberty and the freedom of a helpless and innocent woman in his own backyard.

I DON'T GET IT!

And also, this is happening under the leadership of compassionate conservative in Florida. Again, I DON'T GET IT.

When can we expect that the life of the disabled individuals will be protected?

Under Hillary Clinton's presidency? Under liberal democrats' leadership?

I DON'T GET IT.

Bush's advisers are so dumbed in this case. It doesn't make sense at all to have a beautiful grandious dream of spreading liberty across the globe when you don't even commit yourself to protect the life of an innocent woman--or to a greater extend, the life of the weakest people in your own society.

Now, every time Bush talks about freedom, I just change the channel. IT'S ALL POLITICS.

WE need leaders with conviction, not with political calculation skills.

BUSH CAN DO SOMETHING ON THIS. But, hey politicians are just like Pontious Pilate. Didn't Pilate try to "save" Jesus before? Yes, he did, but then he said, "that's all I can do, and now I give him to you".
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was all ultimately in the hands of the courts. They rule supreme
like gods.
President Bush and Jeb Bush had every option examined by legal counsel
and found there was nothing that wouldn't be struck down
by the courts. Just like the courts ruled that Jeb Bush's actions last time removing Terri
from the hospice were outside of the law.

As much as I hoped that this appeal would be accepted by the 11th Circuit, I knew in my heart
that they would reject it. To do otherwise would be to admit they were wrong in rejecting De Novo review.

AND THEY WERE TOO ARROGANT TO ADMIT THEIR MISTAKE!!!

The Bill passed by Congress required the Federal courts to review everything in this case, all evidence
presented and any NEW evidence.
In effect, a brand new trial.
They totally ignored the instruction from Congress. They should have
restored Terri's feeding tube, and taken the time to meticulously
examine the case.
It is the Constitutional authority of the CONGRESS TO MAKE THE LAWS.
The Congress are OUR representatives and are responsible
to WE THE PEOPLE.
If they don't get busy IMPEACHING these judges who are apparently above the law
then we are lost. We are doomed to living under judicial tyranny!!

Sorry, that's just my rant!

I ENCOURAGE YOU ALL TO READ 'MEN IN BLACK' by Mark Levin.
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely disgusting! The court strings these people along for 14 hours before it say "F**k you" and Bush and Congress shouldn't have offended the Imperial US.
Were I the Animal Control Officer for Pinellas County I would execute arrest warrants on Michael, Greer and the entire 11th Circut, secure the 'animal' and assign appropriate custodianship.
USAFE5
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually IB that's a good idea. The ASPCA should be involved here. It's not the first time they would step in for a human animal, back near their beginings they "rescued" a 5 year old girl.
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

USAFE5,

Matter of fact the RSPCA predates the RSPCC by some 20 years...spiturns and cart dogs had inspired greater sympathy than enslaved children.

Anyway, I've written Pinellas Animal Services suggesting they could be the 'mouse that roared'. Afterall, in Pinellas I'ld be in jail for starving an animal and the 'Black Robes' have determined Terri is less than human.

In so far as this is de facto an order of execution...why can not the governor execute a stay?
joeshero
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shawa wrote:
It was all ultimately in the hands of the courts. They rule supreme
like gods.
President Bush and Jeb Bush had every option examined by legal counsel
and found there was nothing that wouldn't be struck down
by the courts. Just like the courts ruled that Jeb Bush's actions last time removing Terri
from the hospice were outside of the law.

NO, NO, NO. I don't know about law, but sometimes those who don't know are more often correct than those who know. Knowledge is power, yes, but it can also push people to corrupt and do nothing. My intuition says that Bush could do something here. The battle over life is started at home, and it is a matter of time that this will be used as a precedent over more or less similar cases in other states.
The Balloon Artist
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's see

Your Honor we respectfully submit an appeal for you to review the process under which you made your last decision. We believe sir you may have ommitted various glaring medical facts in reaching your previous decision. Please review the facts once again. We trust you'll be as unbiased as any disinterested party.

anyone for the fox to guard the chicken coop tonight?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: